Hardest Missions/Levels In Video Games

Face McShooty

What are some missions that gave you all kinds of problems, or were essentially unbeatable? Here's a few of mine, list yours too. Agree with mine? Tell me why.

Wrong Side of the Tracks

Game: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

"You lost the train CJ!"

That line annoyed me to no end, almost to the point I wanted to stop playing the game. Almost.

Rainbow Road

Game: Mario Kart 64

Growing up, I hated racing on this level, specifically on the N64. As a kid, it was just TOO hard!

Air Raid

Game: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Having to use a minigun to destroy RC Planes was ANNOYING!

The Prince and the Pauper from Mickey Mania is probably the hardest personally. The level is really long, starts off with an annoying swinging mechanic in a row of chandeliers, and throws a gauntlet of annoying enemy after annoying enemy at you. Oh, and if you game over with the limited amount of lives you have, you have to start all the way back from the start of the game again and have to go through five other levels, four of which are also pretty hefty length- and difficulty wise. The same applies if you just have to stop playing for some reason. 

I also feel the need to mention the Time Attack of Mecha No Mistake from Rayman Origins. The base level already requires some ridiculous precision to get through, especially with the buzz saw sections, and the time attack adds a very strict time limit to boot. Even so, it wouldn't be that bad if parts of the difficulty wasn't really wonky crusher physics that can punish you with an instant KO for jumping a tiny bit wrong or standing in the wrong place. Even other insane levels such as Land of the Livid Dead or Eat at Joe's from the original were fairer for at least having the threats be clear.

Grandmaster Galaxy - The Perfect Run (Super Mario Galaxy 2)

I have never beat this mission as it is really hard. The level is fairly long and it's hard to not take damage, and in The Perfect Run you only have 1 hit point and if you get hit, it's back to the beginning as there are no checkpoints in that mission..

Archived