Really? I've been watching it every week until last week, where I couldn't take it anymore and dropped it. The pacing's just way too slow or awkward, even for minor stuff like the small pause between each line being delivered. And things conclude in a very anti-climatic and uninteresting way too, like the drama with that really tall blond first year dude.

Iunno, I feel like reading the manga for this instead after watching a few episodes.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drifters has been shaping up to be pretty cool so far, lots of stylish action being done by a bunch of historical figures put together in another world. Its directed by the same guy who did Jojos Bizarre Adventure and its an adaptation of a manga done by the same guy who did Hellsing which if youre a fan of manime then this is a match made in fuckin heaven.

Also only got around to watching the first episode of Show By Rock S2. Definitely exactly what you would suspect from it but it does have an interesting idea for a villain so thats cool, cant say much about it though.

But I heard Occultic;Nine was weird and not very good, so I'm steering clear from that.

Late reply but yes as somebody who did watch the first episode it is really bad. The whole episode was just a jumbled up mess of a bunch of ideas and styles being thrown together into a blender. Youre introduced to like 100 different funking main characters, the tone is all over the wall like I mean in the episode you go from mega titzord with annoying voice going WHHEEEEEE to the main character discovering a dead body that was scalped in mere minutes, another example is one scene where some of the main characters are watching some sci-fi channel with a bunch of old dude scientists talking and debating about paranormal science then we cut to this incredibly out of place cutesy adult chick among the old scientist dudes who basically just goes like "WHHEEEE I LUV PARANORMAL STUFFS AND SCIENCE ITS REALLY FUN AND COOL UGUUUUUU" and then she goes off topic about her hairstyle for whatever reason. Yeah its bad, ill probably only end up watching two more episodes out of morbid curiosity and then end up dropping the show honestly.

I dropped Izetta. I start episode 5, they spend several minutes talking about breasts again and I realized the fact that I'm begging for the episode to end that early on made me say screw it. You have a cool premise with AU WW2 with machine gun-riding witches and you do squat with it. Squat!

It is a shame to hear about O9; Arkada isn't too happy with it either right now.

My AOTS right now is probably Yuri on Ice. It's made me more interested in a sport I never considered before and animation's slick for the most part. The only other anime I might check out this season is Girlish Number; I might see if people are praising it by season's end.

• 4 weeks later...

How the HELL does every damn season of Haikyuu blow my expectations into freaking ORBIT?  The sheer amount of imagery and visual metaphor this time around was astounding, especially that last episode.  I'm dumbfounded how the bar just keeps getting higher.  Soon enough it'll just pierce the heavens.

How the HELL does every damn season of Haikyuu blow my expectations into freaking ORBIT?  The sheer amount of imagery and visual metaphor this time around was astounding, especially that last episode.  I'm dumbfounded how the bar just keeps getting higher.  Soon enough it'll just pierce the heavens.

Having finally caught up to the series, I have to agree. The imagery this season is definitely stronger than before. Ushijima pushing Hinata and Tsukiyama in particular was so damn powerful holy sheet.

At first I still preferred their match against Seijou in S1's second half but by the end I was shouting (alone in my room no less) a lot more for this match. This S3 was really amazing, especially since I came fresh off S2 the previous day. The wait for an S4 is going to really, really hurt.

Archived