https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2016/fall

https://www.livechart.me/fall-2016/tv

http://anichart.net/fall

To try and be more selective this time around:

I know I'm watching at some point, but feel the need to rewatch earlier stuff:

Hibike! Euphonium 2nd Season

ViVid Strike!

Cute sheet:

Gi(a)rlish Number (When I first saw this, it did NOT look nearly as cute as this anime visual)

Idol Memories

Kiitarou Shounen no Youkai Enikki

Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume

Show By Rock!! #

Stella no Mahou

Other interests:

Cheating Craft

Gakuen Handsome (for the lols)

Keijo!!!!!!!!

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku (too many magical girls!? NOOOOOOOOO  :7607_key: )

Occultic;Nine

... Just the way the interests flow. I know I won't be seeing nearly all of these.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anime

Girlish Number

Hibike! Euphonium 2nd season (Need to rewatch the first season)

Idol Memories

Mahou Shoujo Ikuses Kiekaku

ViVid Strike (Finish ViVid, possibly rewatch StrikerS)

Keijo!

Shorts

Teekyuu 8 (Going to binge the other 7 before hand)

Films

KanColle Movie (Going to rewatch the first season)

Tantei Opera Milky Holmes (Need to finish the last season)

OVA/ONA/Specials

Monster Musume

Shokugeki no Souma

Strike the Boold II

Haikyuu!!

Haikyuu!!

Haikyuu!!

Bungou Stray Dogs

Drifters

Watashi ga Motete Dousunda

Occultic;Nine looks interesting (how can I say no to something by the creator of Steins;Gate?) as well as Shuumatsu no Izetta, Flip Flappers, and All Out!!

I'm also super excited about the Cyborg 009 movies!

For sure:

Bungou 2(Regrettably)

Digimon(Not keeping my fingers crossed)

Hibikek 2(At least this one I'm excited for)
Keijo(Animated by Xebec, masters of lewd)

Gundam(Fingers kinda crossed for this being more consistently better than S1)

WIXOSS(aw yis)

Occultic;nine(If it's actually coming out)
Izetta(Probably won't be the next Madoka in terms of popularity, but maybe it'll be fun enough)

www.working(I don't like this rehashing but I'll at least watch it)

Anything else is a maybe.

>tfw yuri on ice has no yuri, only dudes

Thing with Haikyuu is if what I heard about it being a 1 match only season being true, then that's just ridiculous. Kuroko didn't even do that in it's last season, and yeah, it was close, but I don't care how good it's supposed to be, I'm not gonna like it if the pacing is that slow. As much as I liked what I've seen so far, I need more than just a passing mention of other teams, or them watching the game, or something like that. 

Oh, and there is something I forgot to mention about Occultic;Nine. Poor Ryoka. That is all.

I doubt the pacing will be slow, at least it didn't feel that way reading the manga. In the manga it's by far the longest game in the series in terms of chapter count, partly due to it being the first 5 game set of the series while also being the first real opportunity to flesh out all the Shiratorizawa characters.

And it's not gonna be a full cour, only 10 episodes, of which not all will be just the match I'm sure.

I doubt the pacing will be slow, at least it didn't feel that way reading the manga. In the manga it's by far the longest game in the series in terms of chapter count, partly due to it being the first 5 game set of the series while also being the first real opportunity to flesh out all the Shiratorizawa characters.

And it's not gonna be a full cour, only 10 episodes, of which not all will be just the match I'm sure.

Oh, if it's not gonna be as long as the other seasons, that does sound much better than I had originally thought. Almost nothing to even worry about.

Haikyuu 3-Haikyuu's one of the best sports anime ever, always down for more.

Sound Euphonium 2-The first cour was the sleeper hit of that season and I really enjoyed it, so I'm psyched for a sequel.

Drifters-I didn't like the manga when I read it, but I could see this being really good as an anime if the right people are behind it, so I'll give it another shot.

Occultic;Nine-Same guys behind Steins;Gate? I'll be keeping an eye out and hoping they can dish out another great show.

And that's it for now. I'll see if any other shows are talked about as they come, but it looks like it'll be a light season for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Drifters and Occultic;Nine seem to be promising. New Show By Rock!! is a good thing too but im not looking as forward to it as the first two. Ill also be watching Digimon but im really not hopeful all that much for what its gonna turn out as but still im gonna watch it because really who knows.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm late and haven't watched much yet but here's where I'm at:

I'm behind at least 1 season and need to catch up fast:

Haikyuu!!

Bungou Stray Dogs (the main villains are the real reason to watch this show)

100% Watching:

Ajin Season 2 (though will probably wait for it to show up on Netflix)

Started Watching:

Izetta: The Last Witch

Touken Ranbu

Magic-kyun Resistance!

The Ancient Magus Bride: Those Awaiting a Star

Am Planning to Watch:

Trickster

Nanbaka

Yuri on Ice

Drifters

March Comes in Like a Lion

Occult;Nine (heard episode 1 was terrible so going to wait until episode 2 to start)

Bloodivores

Still Considering:

Monster Hunter Stories

Kiss Him, Not Me!

Haikyuu!!

Haikyuu!!

Haikyuu!!

Bungou Stray Dogs

Drifters

Watashi ga Motete Dousunda

Occultic;Nine looks interesting (how can I say no to something by the creator of Steins;Gate?) as well as Shuumatsu no Izetta, Flip Flappers, and All Out!!

I'm also super excited about the Cyborg 009 movies!

I keep forgetting how we have the same tastes.

>tfw yuri on ice has no yuri, only dudes

It's cuz the main character and the main rival are named Yuri

also "more like yaoi on ice am i rite?"

partly due to it being the first 5 game set of the series

*5 set match (sorry, both my sisters play vball and my college is #2 in the NCAA in the sport so I gotta rep with the correct terminology lol )

Also, yuri or we riot.

Episode 2 seemed to be going that way without question.

I keep forgetting how we have the same tastes.

Agreed. I feel like we used to disagree on stuff more in the past, though maybe that's just me.

Been watching a lot this season, early thoughts on things.

Soushin Shoujo Matoi - Definitely surprising beginning to episode 1, when it got to the magical girl stuff it was more in line than what I was expecting. Seems fun.

Nanbaka - Prison shenanigans are pretty great, don't know if it'll manage to keep my interest but the first episode had its moments.

Bungou Stray Dogs - Very interesting way to start off season 2, Dazai backstory's great.

Cheating Craft - There was a lot of exposition which I actually liked and then things got turned up to 11 real quick, things ended so over the top, it was incredible.

Flip Flappers - Super random and no explanation, hopefully we actually learn things going forward, but the show's aesthetic is definitely top notch.

Keijo!!!!!!!! - Decided to give it a shot despite my impressions going in, but it completely surprised me. I guess you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, no matter how big its boobs are. The sport itself is erotic for sure, but it is definitely a shounen sports series. It follows a lot of the genre's tropes and I got the same feeling watching the action as I have from other series that are about real sports like Hajime no Ippo or Haikyu!!. It's awesome that it takes the characters' pursuit of the sport completely seriously. I did read some of the manga after hearing some things, though, and holy sheet they actually skipped the first 20 chapters of the manga in order to get straight to the action (and episode 1 ends at chapter 36 of the manga). I feel like that was a poor decision, all the backstory and training leading up to the final part of the exam we started with I feel was very important. This first episode could have easily been episode 3 or 4 material.

Drifters - Pretty cool first episode, I like the art and the main character is badass. And it's always neat seeing different fictional interpretations of Oda Nobunaga.

Haikyuu!! - The game's kicked off and I'm super excited, the sakuga is gonna be off the charts if season 2 was any indication, and the Shiratorizawa guys are great opponents to watch.

Kiss Him, Not Me! - Read the manga for this one so I was waiting for this, comedy's great with this one.

Izetta the Last Witch - Definitely liking this one a lot. Really cool not annoying female MC, great music, and I love fantasy stuff.

Occult;Nine - That first episode was certainly something. From what I understand they adapted the entire first volume into the first episode, and it was very apparent. Super rushed introduction scenes, but I could keep up with it and now that it's out of the way hopefully things slow down to give stuff more meaning going forward. Definitely interested in where the plot is going, though.

I dropped Trickster and Magical Girl Raising Project after their first episodes. Trickster was just sort of all over the place and felt like two different shows in one, neither of which really interested me, and Magical Girl Raising Project was simply eh.

And of course Diamond is Unbreakable continues to be wonderful. So glad we finally got the "DAGA KOTOWARU" scene.

Archived