[MtG] Masterpiece Series: Kaladesh Inventions (Full Spoiler)

.Rai

Every time I get a cool card wotc reprints it. Getting damn tired of this.

Curious, what card was it this time?

pulling most any of these in draft is gonna warp the game in your favor

i'm glad there's at least a chance--a microscopic one, but still a chance--of getting a crucible now

Yea, all of these seem absurd to open in limited.

I really want to know when that will get a proper reprint. Seriously, in 90% of standard formats it would at best be average.

Anyway, all the choices are very fitting. Obviously, not all of the will be Mana Crypt, but this certainly is a good list for a "Great hits: Artifacts edition". Honestly, looking over the list, it has a very From the Vault feel.

I still don't like this "haha guys we reprinted cards you wanted in 1/350000 packs of Kaladesh!" logic. Like yeah, a lot of these cards are good, but some of them are just utter duds compared to the others. Some of them are barely worth anything. Others are worth stupid amounts. Also lacking Chalice of the Void. 

I still don't like this "haha guys we reprinted cards you wanted in 1/350000 packs of Kaladesh!" logic. Like yeah, a lot of these cards are good, but some of them are just utter duds compared to the others. Some of them are barely worth anything. Others are worth stupid amounts. Also lacking Chalice of the Void.

I'd bet that Chalice of the Void is in Aether Revolt. I don't really see them as conventional reprints. They also don't really take the place of normal reprints anyway. It's basically a strictly collector's shiny thing.

Besides, it makes the rest of Standard cheaper so overall pluses.

Based on Mark's article they know this won't do a ton for the availability issues for the more high profile cards. Its only a few drips, but even a little bit does help.

As for the disparity in value, its going to be hard to get 50 odd cards all of which are super valuable. Hell, even super sweet stuff like Petal and Vault aren't hat expensive. I think the From the Vault comparison I made earlier is a good one for what to expect.

As sweet as it would be to play with a Masterpiece sword or other such valuable card, I'd much rather sell it and use that money to buy a normal one plus other stuff. The value I get from the pimped out card doesn't make up for the value I could have by just getting a normal one. That said, if I get something less valuable I might just keep it and use it for the bling factor.

Archived