[MTG] [KLD] Daily Spoiler - September 14th

Flame Dragon

I was going to complain about it not having any protection until I re-read the damn thing.

It's CONVERTED mana cost. With a way to recycle itself. That's not bad at all, really. Two 4 mana cost artifacts on the field and this becomes 3 for 10/10...and, it can become free in addition to being able to be put in any deck.

I like.

1etW4oO.png

en_AU2YyhAWm1.pngen_bbmFaCtPIH.png

[spoiler=Massive images.]Experimental-Aviator-Kaladesh-preview-caPerpetual-Timepiece.pngProphetic-Prism.pngTorch-Gauntlet.png

[spoiler=Even more massive images.]Brazen-Scourge_EN_HRR-734x1024.jpgDemolish_EN_HRR-734x1024.jpg

V6kNYhCg60k.jpg

Creative Spark {R}

Sorcery

Choose target creature, then exile the top card of your library. You may have Creative Spark deal damage equal to the converted mana cost of the exiled card to that creature. If you don't, you may play that card until end of turn.

ct1c2so8nglx.jpg

Disappearing Act {1}{U}{U}

Instant

As an additional cost to cast Disappearing Act, return a permanent you control to its owner's hand.

Counter target spell.

Perpetual Timepiece may turn out to be really good in long games.

Creative Spark has some potential, maybe.

Disappearing Act is only plus, tbh. Return a permanent with an ETB trigger (Aether Hub, maybe?) and counter a spell seems cool. Standard countermagic cmc is standard.

Captured seems a bit much for what is basically a worse Pacifism. I mean hell, the creature can still block.

Refurbish is SUPER clean.

Oviya seems pretty meh. Like, she isn't bad, just pretty dull.

Creative Spark is a neat design.

O look, a 3/3 for 3 with haste.

Reunion seems sweet. Shame Googles rotates.

Also shuts down any burn and screws up removal.

But this is why the "can't block" not being there is so bad, you need some evasion if you want to get around their creature. Otherwise they'll just block and try to kill it off. Yes, that is likely the point of this version, but I feel a rare Pacifism at 4 mana should be WAY better than what this is and that clause doesn't do nearly enough to make up the power difference.

I think the home for Captured is a control deck with creatures as its wincon. Those decks won't care at all about the no-blocking clause, but appreciate longevity to their wincons. Those decks also are the ones trying to grind out card advantage, so wasting their spells is pretty good.

But this is why the "can't block" not being there is so bad, you need some evasion if you want to get around their creature. Otherwise they'll just block and try to kill it off. Yes, that is likely the point of this version, but I feel a rare Pacifism at 4 mana should be WAY better than what this is and that clause doesn't do nearly enough to make up the power difference.

It wouldn't be used in a deck where they have such ample opportunity to block

Archived