Showdown Halloween Tournament

While I have my SSS tournament going on...Surprise! Mini-tournament!

It will start in October and will use Pokemon Showdown to do matches. (All replays must be posted in this thread to count).

The rules are simple. Ghost Monotype. That means that only Ghost-Type Pokemon can be on the team.

All Ubers Pokemon are banned, as is Mega Sableye. Damaging Ghost and Dark moves (Such as Shadow Ball and Sucker Punch) are banned. This doesn't include Night Shade.

Set the team to OU in the teambuilder and the validate button will tell you what's legal.

To join you must just send me 100 points. It will be double-elimination and the winner will take all. I will add half of the pot in points myself. (If it's 1000 points then I will add 500). Also note that if we get over 1000 points will likely add a small second place prize.

It will NOT last longer than the month of October. As in if it gets close to the end of October and there are matches to be had I will disqualify people after a warning. This holds especially true for anyone in the "losers bracket"

Any additional rules or questions can be discussed in this thread.

I realize this isn't the most competitive tournament but it's mostly just for fun anyway.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ayyy it aint mega mawile unban but finna leave pokeretirement gggg

Leddo it, im in

Send the 100 points and welcome aboard :3

Also I think, if we get a good amount of people, I might have a small point reward for second place as well.

So only pure ghosts? :( And you can't use Stab moves except for Night Shade.......seems kinda...............ehh

Not just pure ghosts, just Ghost types. Monotype doesn't mean pure.

And I found that if Ghost and Dark moves are allowed it's literally just Gengar and Chandelure sweeping back and forth. With some M-Bannette and Doublade Shadow Sneaking.

Sounds hilarious, count me in.

funk it, why not?

I'm Brinolovania on Showdown now, btw.

ayyy it aint mega mawile unban but finna leave pokeretirement gggg

Leddo it, im in

Spoopy Scary Contest...Doesn't have the same ring to it. Anyway, Ghosts are cool and getting thrashed by other people playing ghosts is also cool so I'll join in here. 

A question to y'all. Would you prefer double or single eliminations? Pros are obvious but the main con I can see is that it'd take longer. So it's really up to y'all if you think you can do battles quick enough.

For reference gonna start this either when we have 8 people or when it's the 8th, to give at least a few weeks to do this.

Archived