Yu-gi-oh: Twisted Fates (started/accepting) (PG-13)

0PxPz0

[spoiler=The Star Child] Name - Astra Yūutsu

gender - Male

Age - 9

Tarot card - The Star

[spoiler=Appearance] Xanxus.full.935802.jpg 

[spoiler=Backstory] Astra has no memory before finding "The Starry Tarot" except his name. The first thing Astra remembers is waking up in an alley in Erast, the capital of Predraelia, next to a puch containing a deck and a single tablet, he wasn't sure why but he knew he was suppose to take it. after grabing the tablet he remembered more, he had a brother, although he didn't know what he looked like or where he was Astra knew if he became strong enough someone would come for him to help. 

[spoiler=Personality] Astra is incredibly timid, due to his memeroy loss he's not always sure what his spirits are capable of or how to use them so he mostly plays defensively until he pulls of one of his combos that he's not even sure how he accomplished. usually incredibly shy towards new people, Astra seems to be afraid they will hurt him for some reason, especially summoners. Once he's comfortable being around someone he'll cling to them as if he'd known them his whole life, trusting them with anything and believing whatever they tell him. 

[spoiler=Deck] his deck consists of the "Nuigurumi" archetype, a set of monsters which focuses one revealing cards from the hand or deck to activate effects.

[spoiler=Custom Cards]

Nuigurumi Draco

Fire

Dragon

Lvl 4

"Once per turn you can reveal a card from your hand or the top of your deck, destroy one moster your opponent controls and inflict 300 damage to your opponent. If this card is revealed from your hand or deck, gain 400 life points."

ATK 1300

DEF 1100

Nuigurumi Feli

Light

Beast

Lvl 2

"Once per turn you can reveal a card from your hand or the top of your deck, destroy one card on the field. If this card is revealed from your hand or deck, draw one card."

ATK 900

DEF 1000

Nuigurumi Leo

Light

Beast

Lvl 3

"Once per turn, during either players turn, you can reveal a card from your hand or the top of your deck, "Nuigurumi" monsters cannot be destroyed until the endphase. If this card is revealed from your hand or deck, special summon as many "Nuigurumi Leo" as possible from your hand and/or deck."

ATK 1100

DEF 700

Nuigurumi Lop

Wind

Beast/Tuner

Lvl 4

"You can reveal one "Nuirgurumi" monster from your hand or the top card of your deck, special summon this card. If this card is revealed from your hand or deck "Nuirgurumi" monsters can attack directly until the endphase."

ATK 200

DEF 1600

Nuigurumi Lupus

Dark

Beast

Lvl 2

"Once per turn you can reveal one card from your hand or the top of your deck, "Nuirgurumi" monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF. If this card is revealed from your hand or deck add one inflict 500 damage to your opponent."

ATK 500

DEF 500

Nuigurumi Pengu

Water

Winged-Beast

Lvl 1

"Once per turn, during either players turn, you can reveal one card from your hand or the top of your deck, change all monsters on the field to defense position. If this card is revealed from your hand or deck your opponent cannot attack "Nuirgurumi" monsters until their next endphase."

ATK 200

DEF 400

Nuigurumi Repta

Earth

Dinosuar

Lvl 4

"Once per turn you can reveal a card from your hand or the top of your deck, target one monster your opponent controls, it's ATK and DEF become 0 until the endphase (this is a quick effect). If this card is revealed from your hand or deck, banish one card from the your opponent controls or from yoru opponents graveyard."

ATK 1500

DEF 1200

Nuigurumi Ursa

Light

Beast

Lvl 4

"Once per turn, during either players turn, when a card or effect is activated that targets a "Nuirgurumi" monster you can reveal one card from your hand or the top of your deck, negate that activation and destroy that card. If this card is revealed from your hand or deck add one "Nuigurumi" card from your deck or graveyard to your hand."

ATK 300

DEF 1200

Nuigurumi Serpa

Light

Reptile/Synchro

Lvl 8

"1 Tuner   1 or more "Nuigurumi" monsters

Once per turn you can reveal one card from your hand or the top of your deck this cards attack cannot be negated until the endphase. If this card would be destroyed you can discard one "Nuigurumi" monster, return this card to the extra deck."

ATK 2900

DEF 2000

Nuigurumi Chiro

Dark

Winged-Beast/Xyz

Rnk 3

"2 level 3 "Nuigurumi" monsters

Once per turn you can detach one Xyz material from this card, reveal one "Nuigurumi"monster from your hand or deck, this card gains that monsters effect until the endphase."

ATK 2200

DEF 17000

Bathed in Moonlight

Trap

"Reveal one LIGHT monster from your hand, monsters cannot declare attacks and their effects are negated until the endphase."

[spoiler=Misc. Information] [spoiler=Theme 1 (Reach for the Stars)]  

[spoiler=Theme 2 (Fluff it up)]

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name: Yubaku Makuto

Tarot Card: I'm not sure which one would fit him, you can decide.

[spoiler=Appearance] 3003914_1347580687095.48res_363_491.jpg 

[spoiler=Backstory]Yubaku was born during the cold war in Pelloda, a kingdom based outside of Corona and to the East of Predraelia. During the war his family died in a spirit battle, concluding with him being given a deadly view on the world. He's scared of anything that can touch him, as so, he plays a Deck to protect him from these fears. In the war, he was given a deadly hit with a Blue-Eyes White Dragon Spirit, making him scared of all Dragon's. He sees himself as an Orphan, although he lives with his Grandmother and Grandfather. During the announcement, a man stole him and brought him to the Blackheart Cult. In the Blackheart Cult They broke him and made him a mid slave. He now fears nothing, and plays a deck to show he doesn't fell emotion.

[spoiler=Personality]During the Cold War, he was scared all the time, he never left his room, and only left to eat with his mother. He was terrified of the outside world, and this gave him a terrible condition of depression and anxiety. He is a person that loves company, and really wants friends. But now he is in the Blackheart Cult, he feels no emotion, no happiness, no good. He doesn't speak, or listen to anyone except the Cult, who are all like Zombies, apart from the leader...... Get into that some other time. So to keep it short, Yubaku has no personality, just to fight for the cult

[spoiler=Deck] Yubaku (belive it or not) plays Red-Eyes Black Dragon OR Cyber Dragon, as he often switches between the two.

[spoiler=Misc]

What purpose does having a second character serve?

I can partially understand the addition of Astra as another NPC of sorts to contrast Zaddicus (although I'm still not sold on it) but do the players really need a second character? I feel like an RP should be every player building a story which intertwines with the others and if players were to add a second character to control it would convolute it and somewhat derail this storytelling. We're just starting up and we have some plot threads starting to form, it just feel like giving players second characters will dilute the quality with quantity.

What purpose does having a second character serve?

I can partially understand the addition of Astra as another NPC of sorts to contrast Zaddicus (although I'm still not sold on it) but do the players really need a second character? I feel like an RP should be every player building a story which intertwines with the others and if players were to add a second character to control it would convolute it and somewhat derail this storytelling. We're just starting up and we have some plot threads starting to form, it just feel like giving players second characters will dilute the quality with quantity.

with second characters i intend to be more critical and only allow them if they have a plot related reason to exist or intertwine with an existing character

Name: Yubaku Makuto

Tarot Card: I'm not sure which one would fit him, you can decide.

[spoiler=Appearance] 3003914_1347580687095.48res_363_491.jpg 

[spoiler=Backstory]Yubaku was born during the cold war in Pelloda, a kingdom based outside of Corona and to the East of Predraelia. During the war his family died in a spirit battle, concluding with him being given a deadly view on the world. He's scared of anything that can touch him, as so, he plays a Deck to protect him from these fears. In the war, he was given a deadly hit with a Blue-Eyes White Dragon Spirit, making him scared of all Dragon's. He sees himself as an Orphan, although he lives with his Grandmother and Grandfather. During the announcement, a man stole him and brought him to the Blackheart Cult. In the Blackheart Cult They broke him and made him a mid slave. He now fears nothing, and plays a deck to show he doesn't fell emotion.

[spoiler=Personality]During the Cold War, he was scared all the time, he never left his room, and only left to eat with his mother. He was terrified of the outside world, and this gave him a terrible condition of depression and anxiety. He is a person that loves company, and really wants friends. But now he is in the Blackheart Cult, he feels no emotion, no happiness, no good. He doesn't speak, or listen to anyone except the Cult, who are all like Zombies, apart from the leader...... Get into that some other time. So to keep it short, Yubaku has no personality, just to fight for the cult

[spoiler=Deck] Yubaku (belive it or not) plays Red-Eyes Black Dragon OR Cyber Dragon, as he often switches between the two.

[spoiler=Misc]

i don't really see a reason for Yubaku to exist, especially if he's going to be some emotionless drone for a character that won't appear, i'll have to deny this one

Just wondering, what's the policy on Custom Cards? I was hoping to make some more Earthbound immortals, since I dislike some of their designs (CoughCoughCusilluCoughCough).

Custom cards are completely fine, the original post even stated custom summoning methods and such are even encouraged. To my knowledge most characters use custom archetypes; Kassyl has his Delusions, Astra has his Nuigurumi and Dazon has the Gate.

Just make sure you clearly state what the cards are either in a spoiler or a link to your own post.

The only thing I'd recommend is to take into account the fact that the Earthbound Immortals are based on the Nazca Lines, so try to keep them in mind when creating new cards by using their real-life counterparts for inspiration.

Just as a piece of trivia for future use. Zaddicus binds spirits to tablets using 'Celestial Binding' but do other characters have their own versions of binding spells?

E.g. Delusion Binding, Earthbound Binding, Toy Binding, Gate Binding, etc?

celestial binding is the generic version but character specific versions would be stronger, if your character wanted their own version they could make it but it would cost something extra, binding spells take a large amount of power to create out of nothing so most summoners will sacrifice a sealed spirit or another spell to create it.

I think I will try to make a character for this RP, if that is okay.

of course, always welcome

it occurs to me after reading mochi's post i never mentioned how to get the minor arcana cards, should your character ever want them they simply have to draw their tarot card during a duel (or in simons case use the spell) and the minor arcana card they want will appear in their deck or hand

[spoiler=Cynthia]

Name: Cynthia

Tarot Card: The Just Tarot

Appearance:f980ed18527f382f1d624af74f8a42fc.jpg

Back-story: Her parents were killed by bandits when she was young, so she grew up in an orphanage. In the orphanage, most of the kids ignored her or treated her badly. One day when Cynthia was 9, an old man came into the orphanage. He looked from kid to kid, until his eyes laid on Cynthia. He saw that she was mistreated and adopted her instantly. He took her back to where he lived, which turned out to be in a huge temple in a nice town. The man was a summoner and his name was Harper. When Cynthia found out that he was a summoner, she begged him to teach her. So, He taught her how to summon and capture duel spirits. With every lesson, he taught her to treat every one equally and fairly.

When she was 25, Harper told her that she was ready enough to go and explore the world for duel spirits.

So she left the city and went to the far north. There, she found several powerful duel spirits and captured them. 3 years later, she decided to come back to her town. When she got there, she found the entire town destroyed. Cynthia rushed to the temple where Harper lived and found him dead. She found the Justice Tarot by his body, and after consulting with one of her duel spirits, found out that Zadicus and his army attacked the town. Now she is out to make Zadicus pay for his crimes, with his life.

Personality: She is calm, cool and collected to most people. She treats everyone fairly until she knows more about them. If someone is mistreated, she will help them. If someone does something nice for her, she will do something nice for them. If someone does something mean, she will do something mean back. She will almost always fight someone who has done something evil.  

Deck: Coming Soon

Misc: Battle song 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Ok0O2nQaA

Battle Song 2:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHg7ppl8D0k

justice is fairness, thiis card does not seel vengeance, only what is right, it represents harmony and balance above all else, this tarot focuses on balance of the self as opposed to the outside world. as far as her backstory it needs a few changes, the ability to be a summoner cannot be taught to just nay person, it is a born skill that not all humans have (which i probably should have explained), as far as her village being destroyed by Zaddicus keep in mind he isn't out to destroy the world, he simply conquered Predraelia in order to achieve his own (currently unknown) goals, unless the town was revolting against him such as in the case of Amaranth he would have no reason to destroy the town. i suggest focusing on her inner struggle instead of her desire to avenge her (adoptive father? master?) and elaberating on why Zaddicus' forces would destory her home, this can lead to a more interesting dynamic between her and Zaddicus as she seeks self redemption through his defeat as oppose to simple vengeance

Hi! I'd love to join this. Here's my application!

Name - Milleno Zecher

[spoiler=Appearance]

wanderer_by_the_unj-d4mcfyc.jpg

[spoiler=Backstory]

Growing up, Milleno was always picked on. As his father wished, he never swore to get vengeance, only to teach those who fought him the path of the pure. His parents were pacifists and trained Milleno well When he became a summoner, he went to those bullies and taught them how to be kind. After this, Milleno has been looking for the "weakest" spirits he can find. He changes them and helps them grow until they are able to fight. He lives among the spirits, talking, playing, and fighting with them. He only battles with those that he deems are wrong. His goal is to bring a utopia to the world. But to do that, he must help Zaddicus keep the throne. Zaddicus was in Milleno's village one day, Zaddicus was the first person to stand up for Milleno. Milleno vowed to be stronger and help keep Zaddicus in charge, and hopefully become his chief advisor one day.

[spoiler=Personality]

Milleno stands up for what he believes in. He doesn't back down and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. However, if he does not believe in a cause, good luck getting him to do anything for it. He always tries to do good for those around him, even if it means hurting himself. But if it comes to 100 random people vs 1 he cares about, goodbye to the 100. 

[spoiler=Deck]

Milleno's deck is based around the Silent archetype. Taking small creatures and making them bigger and bigger.

(https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/359681-new-level-up-mechanic/?do=findComment&comment=6962224)

gender - Male

Age - 18

Tarot card - Strength

Archived