Yu-gi-oh: Twisted Fates (started/accepting) (PG-13)

0PxPz0

Don't wait up for me with the feast. I'd rather Kassyl not show up seeing as he would have no real reason to attend other than to eat.

I'll find a way to slip in if it you deem it necessary but I'm thinking it's about time Kassyl actually got to fight someone and that seems to be impossible given the presence of the Sparing Grounds.

the effect of sparing ground will be explained at the feast but it is necessary for Kassyl to make an appearance before it ends, the sooner the next phase happens the sooner Zaddicus will deal with Amaranth and remove the spell

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

May I join? I have found this interesting and am willing to join.

Name - Jordan Carter

gender - Female

Age - 19

Tarot card - The Tower

Appearance: A cocasian girl, 6-7, brown eyes, ripped brown shorts, orange jacket exposed to a white undershirt. Orange Brown short Hair, almost like a tomboy.

Backstory:She was grown up on a farm with her daddy. But when the card "The Towering Tarot" came, her daddy's "Reverse Breaker"s Suddenly Combusted, somehow affecting his life. He passed on, and she knew it was time to take her granddaddy's deck and take the land for herself in the name of her father.

Personality She is smart as a whip and just like her tower, in her words,"I take no stuff from no Spells 'er Traps!" She is sassy and will use your words against you. While in pain or stress, she has habit of sayin,"You gotta try a little bit harder than that to beat me!" She won't give up unless you somehow break her spirit.

Deck She runs a modified "Yang Zing" Deck,(her grandpa being Asian) using the level of Tower to sommon high level synchro monsters, especially her trump card, "Linghun, Spirit of the Yang Zing". https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/360513-linghun-soul-of-the-yang-zing/ She also holds his father's signature card, "Stardust Spark Dragon".

While I recognise I have no power in accepting or denying applications, a few tips to help your odds of being accepted into this RP:

1. Formatting. Make sure everything is nicely spaced and formatted in a way that is easy to read (this is where spoiler tags come in handy). Large blocks of text are ghastly to look at and can make matters difficult.

2. Spelling and grammar. It doesn't need to be 100% all the time (I'm sure I've made plenty of mistakes in this RP alone) but if your application has obvious problems then you run a risk of not being accepted because poor individual writing can bring down the quality of an RP overall.

3. Enemy or ally. Most of the characters here are clearly for or against Zaddicus (E.g. Kassyl & Amaranth = against. Dazon & Milleno = for. Simon is an exception because his whole life is true neutral). Your character's biography needs to demonstrate where they stand.

4. Character and world interaction. It's important to discuss where they stand in the social hierarchy, what do they do for a living and now that the RP has started it's even worth mentioning how their life has changed since acquiring their Tarot and what they've been doing with it.

5. Tarot meaning. Tarot cards have symbolic meaning, make sure that you know what that meaning is and how to make it relate to your character.

6. Justify personality. Our actions are determined by our experiences so make sure that the personality and the biography sections can be tied together.

7. Keep it in-universe. This isn't earth, it's Predraelia. Our countries, continents, people and technology don't exist there. Counterparts and equivalents can be created but don't use the same names and always make sure it has a reason and a right to exist.

May I join? I have found this interesting and am willing to join.

Name - Jordan Carter

gender - Female

Age - 19

Tarot card - The Tower

Appearance: A cocasian girl, 6-7, brown eyes, ripped brown shorts, orange jacket exposed to a white undershirt. Orange Brown short Hair, almost like a tomboy.

Backstory:She was grown up on a farm with her daddy. But when the card "The Towering Tarot" came, her daddy's "Reverse Breaker"s Suddenly Combusted, somehow affecting his life. He passed on, and she knew it was time to take her granddaddy's deck and take the land for herself in the name of her father.

Personality She is smart as a whip and just like her tower, in her words,"I take no stuff from no Spells 'er Traps!" She is sassy and will use your words against you. While in pain or stress, she has habit of sayin,"You gotta try a little bit harder than that to beat me!" She won't give up unless you somehow break her spirit.

Deck She runs a modified "Yang Zing" Deck,(her grandpa being Asian) using the level of Tower to sommon high level synchro monsters, especially her trump card, "Linghun, Spirit of the Yang Zing". https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/360513-linghun-soul-of-the-yang-zing/ She also holds his father's signature card, "Stardust Spark Dragon".

please refer to TheVanguards post, reformat your application using the provided example. The Tower represents a sudden and possibly traumatic change in ones life, somewhat similar to the tarot Death, it may also be the disruption of ones plans or being the state of chaos, while this is reflected in Jordans backstory it is not in her personality, please reflect on this meaning and adjust your character and application appropriately as i would love to see a synchro user in this RP

Yuya-kun & PopularWannabe please arrive at the dinner soon, i really don't want to force you to show up or take control of your characters but i also really want to move the plot along, also Astra can't show up until Milleno can

Version 2(with more trauma)

Name - Jordan Carter

gender - Female

Age - 19

Tarot card - The Tower

[spoiler=Appearance]A cocasian girl, 6-7, brown eyes, ripped brown shorts, orange jacket exposed to a white undershirt. Orange Brown short Hair, almost like a tomboy

[spoiler=Backstory]Backstory: She lived on a farm with her daddy, until the day The Tower came. Suddenly her world warped around her. Her father was gone. The farm was gone. She was in the middle of a crater next to a giant stone tablet,and she knew what had happened. The only thing that still stood was a small portion of the barn. She became temporarily mad, walking over to the barn, and tearing it to shreds until she saw a chest containing her grandpappy's deck. Her madness lost hold, and she realized that someone was behind her. She turned to see a man of tall stature, even taller than her. He said,"I know how you feel", and offered her a job under the great Zadicus. She knew her daddy was a big fan of him, and knew that this is what her daddy would have wanted.She accepted, because as far as she knew, they didn't have any synchro users, and with her, Zadicus's forces have very strong. She alone have taken down many opponents, using quick effect synchro Summons.

[spoiler=Personality]She is smart as a whip and just like her tower, in her words,"I take no stuff from no Spells 'er Traps!" She is sassy and will use your words against you. While in pain or stress, she has habit of sayin,"You gotta try a little bit harder than that to beat me!" She won't give up unless you somehow break he spirit. But in worst cases, she becomes mad, even blood thirsty because of her grief. But above all, she is loyal to Zadicus through and through.

[spoiler=Deck]She runs a modified "Yang Zing" Deck,using the level of Tower to sommon high level synchro monsters, especially her trump card, "Linghun, Spirit of the Yang Zing". https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/360513-linghun-soul-of-the-yang-zing/ She also holds his father's signature card, "Stardust Spark Dragon".

[spoiler=Misc]Her themes are country style, but when she is under the control of her madness,it gets dark and fast and terrifying, like dark, darker yet darker.

"I hate executions before dinner."

Brilliant. I love it.

it does sour the mood don't you think?

Version 2(with more trauma)

Name - Jordan Carter

gender - Female

Age - 19

Tarot card - The Tower

[spoiler=Appearance]A cocasian girl, 6-7, brown eyes, ripped brown shorts, orange jacket exposed to a white undershirt. Orange Brown short Hair, almost like a tomboy

[spoiler=Backstory]Backstory: She lived on a farm with her daddy, until the day The Tower came. Suddenly her world warped around her. Her father was gone. The farm was gone. She was in the middle of a crater next to a giant stone tablet,and she knew what had happened. The only thing that still stood was a small portion of the barn. She became temporarily mad, walking over to the barn, and tearing it to shreds until she saw a chest containing her grandpappy's deck. Her madness lost hold, and she realized that someone was behind her. She turned to see a man of tall stature, even taller than her. He said,"I know how you feel", and offered her a job under the great Zadicus. She knew her daddy was a big fan of him, and knew that this is what her daddy would have wanted.She accepted, because as far as she knew, they didn't have any synchro users, and with her, Zadicus's forces have very strong. She alone have taken down many opponents, using quick effect synchro Summons.

[spoiler=Personality]She is smart as a whip and just like her tower, in her words,"I take no stuff from no Spells 'er Traps!" She is sassy and will use your words against you. While in pain or stress, she has habit of sayin,"You gotta try a little bit harder than that to beat me!" She won't give up unless you somehow break he spirit. But in worst cases, she becomes mad, even blood thirsty because of her grief. But above all, she is loyal to Zadicus through and through.

[spoiler=Deck]She runs a modified "Yang Zing" Deck,using the level of Tower to sommon high level synchro monsters, especially her trump card, "Linghun, Spirit of the Yang Zing". https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/360513-linghun-soul-of-the-yang-zing/ She also holds his father's signature card, "Stardust Spark Dragon".

[spoiler=Misc]Her themes are country style, but when she is under the control of her madness,it gets dark and fast and terrifying, like dark, darker yet darker.

love her! due to the progression of the plot nad her position in Zaddicus' forces feel free to start off immediately in the palace on your way to the feast for the Tarot holders

it does sour the mood don't you think?

love her! due to the progression of the plot nad her position in Zaddicus' forces feel free to start off immediately in the palace on your way to the feast for the Tarot holders

is there a separate thread for the twisted fates story?

@JellisOP, please please please for the love of Ra lengthen your last in-character post to ensure it's above the 100 words minimum. We've already been shut down once for this and I get the feeling they won't let us off the hook a second time.

agreed

Archived