Yu-gi-oh: Twisted Fates (started/accepting) (PG-13)

0PxPz0

Hi! I'd love to join this. Here's my application!

Name - Jake Zecher

[spoiler=Appearance]

wanderer_by_the_unj-d4mcfyc.jpg

[spoiler=Backstory]

Growing up, Jake was always picked on. He never swore to get vengeance, only to teach those who fought him the path of the pure. When he became a summoner, he went to those bullies and taught them how to be kind. After this, Jake has been looking for the "weakest" spirits he can find. He changes them and helps them grow until they are able to fight. He lives among the spirits, talking, playing, and fighting with them. He only battles with those that he deems are wrong. His goal is to bring a utopia to the world. But to do that, he must defeat Zaddicus and take the throne. He knows how hard that will be, but he also knows he can do it and make everything right. 

[spoiler=Personality]

Jake stands up for what he believes in. He doesn't back down and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. However, if he does not believe in a cause, good luck getting him to do anything for it. He always tries to do good for those around him, even if it means hurting himself. But if it comes to 100 random people vs 1 he cares about, goodbye to the 100. 

[spoiler=Deck]

Jake's deck is based around the Silent archetype. Taking small creatures and making them bigger and bigger.

(https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/359681-new-level-up-mechanic/?do=findComment&comment=6962224)

gender - Male

Age - 18

Tarot card - Justice

add a bit to the backstory, explain why he refuses to seek vengance and why he thinks defeating Zaddicus will allow him to achieve his goals, beyond that justice doesn't seem like a good fit for him as is, strength seems like it fits his personality better, justice is inner balance and fairness to ones self, strength on the other hand is the will to continue, the fortitude to achieve your goal, rising above anger to passively solve issues

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Wannabe, I know I can't accept or decline applications so I hope I'm not speaking out of line but your character suffers part of the same problem Yuya-Kun's did originally.

Why does he want to defeat Zaddicus?

It's great that you want to build a utopia but you need to clarify why Zaddicus stands in the way of that and/or why you want to get rid of him. Did he directly influence your life in such a way it has made you swear vengeance? Did he do something irredeemable in your eyes? If so, what was it and how did you come across it?

Just on a personal note, I think it would be cool if Jake (maybe a name change too? It sounds a bit off considering the fantasy-ness of other characters) was in support of Zaddicus because at some point he saw the opposite of what other characters have seen so far. Jake saw Zaddicus display compassion or perhaps Jake believes that that Zaddicus' methods could in fact be beneficial to the world. It would neatly balance out the cast who are for and against Zaddicus too (2 against, 2 neutral, 2 supporting).

Edit: Dammit got ninja'd by 0PxPz0 while I was typing.

Hi! I'd love to join this. Here's my application!

Name - Milleno Zecher

[spoiler=Appearance]

wanderer_by_the_unj-d4mcfyc.jpg

[spoiler=Backstory]

Growing up, Milleno was always picked on. As his father wished, he never swore to get vengeance, only to teach those who fought him the path of the pure. His parents were pacifists and trained Milleno well When he became a summoner, he went to those bullies and taught them how to be kind. After this, Milleno has been looking for the "weakest" spirits he can find. He changes them and helps them grow until they are able to fight. He lives among the spirits, talking, playing, and fighting with them. He only battles with those that he deems are wrong. His goal is to bring a utopia to the world. But to do that, he must help Zaddicus keep the throne. Zaddicus was in Milleno's village one day, Zaddicus was the first person to stand up for Milleno. Milleno vowed to be stronger and help keep Zaddicus in charge, and hopefully become his chief advisor one day.

[spoiler=Personality]

Milleno stands up for what he believes in. He doesn't back down and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. However, if he does not believe in a cause, good luck getting him to do anything for it. He always tries to do good for those around him, even if it means hurting himself. But if it comes to 100 random people vs 1 he cares about, goodbye to the 100. 

[spoiler=Deck]

Milleno's deck is based around the Silent archetype. Taking small creatures and making them bigger and bigger.

(https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/359681-new-level-up-mechanic/?do=findComment&comment=6962224)

gender - Male

Age - 18

Tarot card - Strength

much more interesting version of the character, someone seeing the good things about Zaddicus is a refreshing idea considering he does treat those he deams worthy very well. Strenght represents fortitude and strength of mind and spirit as oppose to brute force, accepted

Yo everyone, RP Section Moderator here. This RP had several reports of posts that are under the minimum AC line of 100 words. Since it is spread among multiple people, I feel that it's best to address it here.

Please adhere to the section rule with your posts. I will monitor this RP for the time being, if there is any further breaking of the rule, then this RP is risking a lock.

Don't be too tense tho, just follow the rules and everything will be fine~

[spoiler=Samantha]Name: Samantha

Tarot Card: The Judges Tarot

Appearance

Bio: Samantha is a drifter, moving from town to town. She is addicted to gambling and alcohol and because of this; she usually has little-to-no money. If you ask her about her past, she will tell you to f**k off. Her past life is a secret, but one thing that she will tell you is that her parents are dead. She has borrowed money from many people and has never paid it back, so she has lots of enemies. Samantha lives life recklessly, and because of this, she often pays for it. Her choices have cost her money, friends, and even her left eye. But her choices have also benefitted her. For example, her sword used to belong to one of Zadiccus’s top soldiers before she stole it from under their nose.

While in a bar, she drank too much alcohol and passed out. When she woke up in the alley behind the bar, she found The Judges Tarot in her hand. She did not know how it got there or who put it there, but she just pocketed the tablet and went off to find a gambling ring. Would she join Zadiccus? If she could gamble, drink, and have tons of money, then yes, she would.

Personality: She is cocky, reckless and kind of mean. Samantha will do what she feels like without even thinking of the consciences. Sometimes, she will start fights if it means that she might gain something from it. She believes that luck is always on her side, and if something bad happens to her, she will say that it was 'bad' luck on her side that time.

Deck: (https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/359783-luck-archtype-are-you-feeling-lucky/) Her addiction to gambling has carried over to her duel spirits. “Luck” monsters have effects which you have to either flip a coin or roll a die to activate, and the effect you get may either hurt you or help you

Misc: Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKzLoZFz8PE

Tarot Card: The Fool

Appearance

Bio: Samantha is a drifter, moving from town to town. She is addicted to gambling and alcohol and because of this; she usually has little-to-no money. If you ask her about her past, she will tell you to f**k off. Her past life is a secret, but one thing that she will tell you is that her parents are dead. She has borrowed money from many people and has never paid it back, so she has lots of enemies. Samantha lives life recklessly, and because of this, she often pays for it. Her choices have cost her money, friends, and even her left eye. But her choices have also benefitted her. For example, her sword used to belong to one of Zadiccus’s top soldiers before she stole it from under their nose.

While in a bar, she drank too much alcohol and passed out. When she woke up in the alley behind the bar, she found The Fool Tarot in her hand. She did not know how it got there or who put it there, but she just pocketed the tablet and went off to find a gambling ring. Would she join Zadiccus? If she could gamble, drink, and have tons of money, then yes, she would.

Personality: She is cocky, reckless and kind of mean. Samantha will do what she feels like without even thinking of the consciences. Sometimes, she will start fights if it means that she might gain something from it. She believes that luck is always on her side, and if something bad happens to her, she will say that it was 'bad' luck on her side that time.

Deck: (https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/359783-luck-archtype-are-you-feeling-lucky/) Her addiction to gambling has carried over to her duel spirits. “Luck” monsters have effects which you have to either flip a coin or roll a die to activate, and the effect you get may either hurt you or help you

interesting character but she seems more fit for the wheel of fortune, which is already taken, the fool represents blind faith, walking off a cliff merely because you place you life in the hands of a higher power that you believe will protect you from anything, it is pure optimism in the face of any reality. if you play her in the reverse position however i could see her being judgement. it is freedom through the release and acceptance of your past, forgiveness for transgressions you have made and others have made against you. it is also about final decisions, ones that cannot and will not be revoked. play her in the reverse position of this card and it means a refusal to accept your past and forgive anyone, including yourself, being restrained to those memories you despise so much.

interesting character but she seems more fit for the wheel of fortune, which is already taken, the fool represents blind faith, walking off a cliff merely because you place you life in the hands of a higher power that you believe will protect you from anything, it is pure optimism in the face of any reality. if you play her in the reverse position however i could see her being judgement. it is freedom through the release and acceptance of your past, forgiveness for transgressions you have made and others have made against you. it is also about final decisions, ones that cannot and will not be revoked. play her in the reverse position of this card and it means a refusal to accept your past and forgive anyone, including yourself, being restrained to those memories you despise so much.

Ok, I have changed her tarot card to The Judges Tarot. If there is anything else I need to do, just let me know.

Tarot Card: The Judges Tarot

Appearance

While in a bar, she drank too much alcohol and passed out. When she woke up in the alley behind the bar, she found The Judges Tarot in her hand. She did not know how it got there or who put it there, but she just pocketed the tablet and went off to find a gambling ring. Would she join Zadiccus? If she could gamble, drink, and have tons of money, then yes, she would.

Despite warnings, you guys haven't been following the Advanced Clause. IC has been locked. Host please PM me and Nai directly to discuss this matter.

it is possible i misunderstood the 100 word minimum, does it apply to the post as a whole or to the individual characters in a post, example my most recent one

it is possible i misunderstood the 100 word minimum, does it apply to the post as a whole or to the individual characters in a post, example my most recent one

We let it slide in the multiple characters case, but really you should try for 100 for each character nonetheless.

Well that's cool. Not sure how many others will want to keep playing seeing as 2 folks have taken the chance to make their own yugioh RP (with blackjack and hookers) and I've kinda signed into Smash and Rising Tide not knowing this'd return. Oh well.

Still, it's good to see we're back in action but excuse if my posts don't have their usual formatting for speech, I'm going to be away for the next week and writing on mobile is a pain.

Don't wait up for me with the feast. I'd rather Kassyl not show up seeing as he would have no real reason to attend other than to eat.

I'll find a way to slip in if it you deem it necessary but I'm thinking it's about time Kassyl actually got to fight someone and that seems to be impossible given the presence of the Sparing Grounds.

Archived