How Has The Election Affected You?

LordCowCowCowCowCowCowCowCow

I am also disturbed that protests against Trump now turn into riots. Fear is a defining factor for people to take action for or against something, it is also coming to destroying people's livelihoods, from people who are fear to even live their life. A lot of people are being attacked, their stores and livings being ransacked. This is only enforcing the narrative that democrats want to destroy the country through self-entitlement.

Extremists funking suck, to any degree.

It's partially the media's fault for stirring up hysteria and also the DNC's fault for reinforcing the narrative that all conservatives are out to kill them.

Well, golly gee howdy, I wonder why the LGBT community would be (and has been so afraid) of a conservative presidency. It can't be the immediate rise in hate crimes and rhetoric across the country, no? Or the LGBT men and women getting attacked by Trump supporters? No, it has to be the DNC falsely telling us to be afraid! Because we certainly need help in doing that ourselves.

Well, golly gee howdy, I wonder why the LGBT community would be (and has been so afraid) of a conservative presidency. It can't be the immediate rise in hate crimes and rhetoric across the country, no? Or the LGBT men and women getting attacked by Trump supporters? No, it has to be the DNC falsely telling us to be afraid! Because we certainly need help in doing that ourselves.

I didn't say there was anything false about the existence of hate crimes. My point is that Trump being elected doesn't change the fact that a Republican majority in Senate and Congress is the real danger. Trump's lgbt policies aren't even that bad compared to the rest of the GOP.

I didn't say there was anything false about the existence of hate crimes. My point is that Trump being elected doesn't change the fact that a Republican majority in Senate and Congress is the real danger. Trump's lgbt policies aren't even that bad compared to the rest of the GOP.

Your point was that it's the DNC trying to reinforce a narrative that all conservatives are out to kill them. My post was to say that conservativism hasn't done the LGBT community any favors. The DNC isn't the bogeyman here.

Plus, while Trump may be semi-moderate when it comes to LGBT rights, we have extensive evidence that Mike Pence is as anti-gay as he can get. And if you don't think that Pence won't have Trump's ear at times, then I don't know what to say.

It's also telling that LBGT rights aren't what I'm most concerned about under the forthcoming administration - it's the environment. At least we can rollback any damages in the former area. I fear that 2-4 years of climate change denial and defunding of alternative fuel tech will inflict irreparable harm to the Earth. And we're of the generation that'll shoulder the burden from these decisions.

(But thank you for at least ignoring my unwarranted sarcasm. I'll admit the last few days have put me on edge for multiple reasons, not all of which are political.)

I am personally absolutely terrified. We currently have a vice-president elect who believes in state-funded conversion therapy, and I don't care how moderate people say Donald Trump is Mike Pence was not forced upon him. Donald Trump chose Mike Pence one of the most anti-lgbt government officials in recent history. I am not scared of Donald Trump, at least in terms of my rights as a trans woman. I am scared of the majority republican congress, and the supreme court justice appointees that Donald Trump will be able to make. My other lgbt friends feel the same. 

My hispanic friends came crying into a club meeting on wednesday because their parents called them to make sure they're safe. They're worried that not only will they be forcibly ejected from their homes as non-white immigrants, they are worried for their children. They are worried what will happen when an angry white person sees someone different from them, and they aren't there to protect their child.

My Muslim friends are afraid to wear their hijab because of the hateful rhetoric being directed towards them. They're worried if that will even keep them safe. They're worried that when Trump takes office he'll start making them wear identifying "badges" just like he said he would. 

I've seen multiple friends of mine break down into tears because they are so scared about what's coming down the pipe. They're not scared of Trump, so much as they are scared of his supporters. Things have already started happening. I was just reading on one of my social media accounts about how this guy while out on a date with another man was attacked by a man wielding a beer bottle. You know what his attacker screamed before he broke the beer bottle over that other guy's head? He screamed "we've got a new president now baka". A young woman was threatened on a bus with a knife just because she was wearing a hijab. There have already been organized "purge" events targetted at minority groups.

It doesn't matter whether you want to think Trump is a racist, homophobe, xenophobe, etc because his election just validated all of those people. With Donald Trump's election they feel that they can do whatever they want to minorities. And I'm sure there are some well meaning Trump supporters out there, I know a few in fact. You know what though, they might not being saying "i hate you" to the minority communities, but what they are saying is "i don't care about you".

I am personally absolutely terrified. We currently have a vice-president elect who believes in state-funded conversion therapy, and I don't care how moderate people say Donald Trump is Mike Pence was not forced upon him. Donald Trump chose Mike Pence one of the most anti-lgbt government officials in recent history. I am not scared of Donald Trump, at least in terms of my rights as a trans woman. I am scared of the majority republican congress, and the supreme court justice appointees that Donald Trump will be able to make. My other lgbt friends feel the same. 

My hispanic friends came crying into a club meeting on wednesday because their parents called them to make sure they're safe. They're worried that not only will they be forcibly ejected from their homes as non-white immigrants, they are worried for their children. They are worried what will happen when an angry white person sees someone different from them, and they aren't there to protect their child.

My Muslim friends are afraid to wear their hijab because of the hateful rhetoric being directed towards them. They're worried if that will even keep them safe. They're worried that when Trump takes office he'll start making them wear identifying "badges" just like he said he would. 

I've seen multiple friends of mine break down into tears because they are so scared about what's coming down the pipe. They're not scared of Trump, so much as they are scared of his supporters. Things have already started happening. I was just reading on one of my social media accounts about how this guy while out on a date with another man was attacked by a man wielding a beer bottle. You know what his attacker screamed before he broke the beer bottle over that other guy's head? He screamed "we've got a new president now baka". A young woman was threatened on a bus with a knife just because she was wearing a hijab. There have already been organized "purge" events targetted at minority groups.

It doesn't matter whether you want to think Trump is a racist, homophobe, xenophobe, etc because his election just validated all of those people. With Donald Trump's election they feel that they can do whatever they want to minorities. And I'm sure there are some well meaning Trump supporters out there, I know a few in fact. You know what though, they might not being saying "i hate you" to the minority communities, but what they are saying is "i don't care about you".

Dontnyou think most of Us were scared of HRC?

PC Rise is not imaginary if you look literally anywhere in any place holy moly.

It depends what you count as PC Rise.

For instance 60 years ago it would be really hard to get away with being an atheist. To put it in our terms it would have been not "Politically Correct" to have such beliefs. But nowadays it's something that is a lot less, granted still is, looked at with disgust.

In reality people have always been the same amount of "PC". Just in different perspectives.

Edit: It's like 3 AM I'm unsure if my example makes sense, sorry.

It depends what you count as PC Rise.

For instance 60 years ago it would be really hard to get away with being an atheist. To put it in our terms it would have been not "Politically Correct" to have such beliefs. But nowadays it's something that is a lot less, granted still is, looked at with disgust.

In reality people have always been the same amount of "PC". Just in different perspectives.

Edit: It's like 3 AM I'm unsure if my example makes sense, sorry.

Yes, but it has changed in varying levels. At the time of Bush's 2nd Term-The end of Obama's 1st Term, Political Correctness was at an all time low. Since the rise of Third Wave Feminism and SJWism, it has seen considerable favor among College Millennials and is growing among the Progressive populace.

PC culture is definitely on the rise if you look literately anywhere other than internet forums where people cry about feminism.  

Now look, I'm actually kind of a fan of political correctness, I don't really like being a dick to everyone for the sake of it.  But a lot of whats happening is not really political correctness but an overreaction to anyone who states an opinion that is not considered progressive.  

This is a good video.  I don't know much about this guy but taking this at face value I'd agree with a lot of it.

Trump will likely give amnesty

He'll build the wall, throw the violent offenders over it, and offer a path to legal status to NV

It's not a random concern. HRC literally said she wanted open borders. That's vote packing. I'm not heartless. If you've been a good person living in the us for 20 years and have kids, stay

Lol- political correctness doesn't exist :')

That's the bullshit logic that lost you this election

People are drawing parallels between this election's results and Brexit. Another parallel that can be drawn is the increase of hate crimes done against these groups. In the UK it increased by 40%, not sure about the actual numbers in the U.S. after the results though.

Lol- political correctness doesn't exist :')

That's the bullshit logic that lost you this election

"Every time a liberal says something I don't like, that's why Trump got elected"

Also I didn't say it doesn't exist. I said that it's not nearly as big an issue as you make it seem.

Hence, the threat it presents is imaginary. It's a problem. It's not a huge, society-destroying problem that needs to be responded to by defecating over everything it stands for.

"It begins?" Wasn't that written over a month ago?

I didn't know that though. Between that and the ACA thing, my overwhelmingly pessimistic outlook has been flipped on its head.

Well Yes, flipping the bird to 22 million people without healthcare and millennials is a bad idea.

The ideal for Trump is to grow his Millennial support from 37% to upwards of 50

Get to Bush levels with Hispanics (he will now only deport the criminal aliens and will focus on what to do with the "terrific people" who remain after the wall is built)

Show some kindness to the AA community to bring that vote up to 20%

It's coalition building, and the man cares about his country

Archived