Paladins

ÆƵ–

paladins-champions-of-the-realm.jpg

You know Overwatch? Well this here is the free-to-play fantasy version, made by Hi-Rez, aka the SMITE people.

This one only has 18 heroes so far, with 1 new one  being revealed during the latest patch, and I must say that this thing is fun.

Now, I know what you're going to say:

"But Overwatch is better because X, Y, Z..."

And you're probably right. But you know what, this is free, and surprisingly not pay-to-win. 

In conclusion, get this and play it with me because I'm lonely and this is baby's first fps. 

Also also feel free to discuss whatever aspects you want about this. 

play it, not yet to unlock all heroes though (Buck, Androxus, Ruckus, Makoa left). nearly Mastered Barik, Mal'Damba, Skye, and Bombking, having the best fun with earlier 2

compare to overwatch...the room of improvement is still fairly huge but overall its ok, me and my friends along with the local community often to play both games in same session.

one of interesting point this game has that the perk system in form of Loadout cards and in game item "cards" make sure that every character can branches differently in building. so the replay value is supposedly  quite huge, although overall the perk boost is quite minor at first when you still not skilled yet on the investment... in my personal case when i 1st  time playing it. i played Barik since i'm familiar with Overwatch's Torbjorn, only to find that without its proper perks set and investment Barik Turret is far weaker than Torbjorn Level 1 Turret...so at the end im killing more players using my primary weapons instead using its meant expertise, kinda unsettling a bit.

Technically this game has been in closed beta for somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 years now, and thus it came well before Overwatch.

So in reality, Overwatch ripped ideas from Paladins.  It's just the closed beta was not like Overwatch's where Blizzard specifically sent it out to youtubers and pro players to drum up hype.  Rather Paladin's closed beta was exclusively for balance testing and overall refinement, so it was relatively small and kinda swept under the rug by everyone's Overwatch anticipation.

Technically this game has been in closed beta for somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 years now, and thus it came well before Overwatch.

So in reality, Overwatch ripped ideas from Paladins.  It's just the closed beta was not like Overwatch's where Blizzard specifically sent it out to youtubers and pro players to drum up hype.  Rather Paladin's closed beta was exclusively for balance testing and overall refinement, so it was relatively small and kinda swept under the rug by everyone's Overwatch anticipation.

To say that Overwatch didn't influence the development of Paladins during closed beta is strictly false. While I think it's overkill to say that Paladins 'ripped' from Overwatch, it's even more ridiculous to say that Overwatch 'ripped' from Paladins.

To say that Overwatch didn't influence the development of Paladins during closed beta is strictly false. While I think it's overkill to say that Paladins 'ripped' from Overwatch, it's even more ridiculous to say that Overwatch 'ripped' from Paladins.

Wait, how is that a ridiculous claim?

There are official closed beta patch change videos on youtube dating back to Overwatch's conception.  This game came first in a more complete form.  Overwatch had more time behind Blizzard's doors to refine and polish it before a short beta.  Paladins has been refined over a long period by the community.  They are similar games with similar concepts, but I'd say the fact Paladins went public well before Overwatch makes the claim far from ridiculous.  It wasn't some hush-hush don't tell anyone closed beta.  It just had a small community and not much media buildup over development.

Archived