Ren's next RP?

Ren✧

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which RP interests you most?

• the witch one
    • the pokemon one
    • the video game one

My activity here has been pretty low since school started but I've been wanting to host something new for a long time. I have several ideas, just wanted to hear y'all's opinions on them. 

Coven, Inc.: (World-building needs some fleshing out) March 31, 1981. It was a Tuesday. The 70th day of Reagan's presidency. The day prior citizens of the United States had recoiled in the attempted assassination of their president and now they held their breath waiting for news. Amidst the camera flashes at the press conferences a growing star tries to make herself look as small as possible, but the press has already zoned in on her. Fortunately, they cannot get too close, there is far too much security here. Despite the number of politicians, officials, and people far more qualified than a Hollywood actress and Yale college student to speak that afternoon it was Jodie Foster that took the stand.

A hush immediately fell over the crowd, as though their voices had been snatched from their throats. "You will no doubt find out a lot of shocking information in the next few days, you will have a lot of questions," Jodie had paused for what seemed like an eternity, but the crowd did not make a sound. They stared at her intently until she continued, "President Reagan was shot yesterday. Shot by a man named John Hinckley. However, John Hinckley was driven to this action by the forces of magic." The crowd stirred slightly. Jodie closed her eyes and took a deep breath, the crowd immediately settled. "I am a witch. Magic exists. It has always existed. Now you know." 

~~~

This RP will take place in an alternate universe similar to our own, however, it will have a heavy presence of the magical and mystical. As detailed above the attempted assassination of Ronald Reagan, in this universe, was coerced by magic and forced the hands of the secret society to reveal themselves. The RP will take place 39 years later, in the year 2020, on a group of witches* that have started the company Coven, Inc. This is an attempt to blend fantasy with modern day. (need me a political/historical buff for co-host)

*magic users are not solely female as the term 'witches' suggests. the population is comprised primarily of women, but you will be able to male characters if you choose.

Pokemon: Apocrypha: Takes place in an AU similar to the world depicted in the Pokemon show. A little grittier perhaps. Inspired by Pokemon The Movie: Spell of the Unown. The first Abstraction occurred over a decade ago in the town of Greenfield. To date it has the least number of casualties to be recorded during an Abstraction. The number of missing, presumed dead, for this particular event includes a husband and wife, and three teenage children. The daughter of the husband and wife, Malia Hale, was reported to have entered the Abstraction and was the only one to escape. 

Since the Greenfield event there have been over a dozen Abstractions, each one the cause of over a dozen missing people. Very few escape an Abstraction and most that do are heavily traumatized as a result. 

~~~

This RP will focus on a group of Pokemon Trainers that have survived an Abstraction and are planning to go back in. What is an Abstraction? The best way to describe it is a gigantic cocoon of Unown and psychic energy that sucks things in. Some Abstractions have only been as big as a house, while others have spanned entire city blocks. Anything that previously existed in the space of the Abstraction disappears except in the rare case that there is a survivor that is left behind. Survivors have very little memory of what occurred inside the Abstraction. Strange weather and Pokemon phenomenon happens around Abstractions. It's just a big general 'f*** you' to nature. (co-host not necessary, may or may not have one depending on interest) // would probably not start up until Alolan Pokedex is officially released with movesets and s***

​Digital Adventures (name change imminent):  Okay so we've all seen the virtual reality RPs that have cropped up. I love them. However, I want to really get back to the root of them. The video game portion. That isn't to say that the characters won't get trapped and that death won't be hanging over their heads. Because it will. But I want drop down menus. I want fast travel locations. I want potions. I want leveling up. I want invisible walls. This would probably be fantasy-esque. Needs lots of world building. (would need co-host for world building)

Personally sick of Pokemon rps.  It's all YCM does.  Every time I see one, I wanna hurl someone into a pit of angry Taurus.  As far as Coven Inc. goes, I like it.  Doesn't require as much world building as the last concept, but mixing modern with magic is always fun in my opinion.  And taking it back to Reagan's era would be interesting--especially considering all the horrible sheet that went down at that time--so that could be fun.

Number 3 appeals to me most because its something I've been wanting to put together myself but its been shot down repeatedly before I even put up an interest check.  So there you go.

Personally sick of Pokemon rps.  It's all YCM does.  Every time I see one, I wanna hurl someone into a pit of angry Taurus.  As far as Coven Inc. goes, I like it.  Doesn't require as much world building as the last concept, but mixing modern with magic is always fun in my opinion.  And taking it back to Reagan's era would be interesting--especially considering all the horrible s*** that went down at that time--so that could be fun.

Number 3 appeals to me most because its something I've been wanting to put together myself but its been shot down repeatedly before I even put up an interest check.  So there you go.

I know, I know. Pokemon RPs are overdone. I just *clenches fist* want to be a Pokemon Master. 

Well Coven, Inc wouldn't take place in the 80s except maybe in the backstory of the characters. That would be the era that magic became public knowledge and started to be integrated with society, but the actual RP would be taking place in the year 2020. 

I don't mean currently. I mean YCM does them regularly and frequently.

That's because YCM is stupid and CANT FINISH A POKEMON JOURNEY DURENDAL NEVER FORGET

*flashbacks*

But yeah I getcha. I would like to see one finish.

I didn't vote it this time because I've been part of two of Ren's Pokemon RPs :T

Voting for Coven cuz I've always been interested in the idea of mixing magic and modern, plus I'm also a bit of a history buff so that stuff always interests me (less so politics though).

I like the name for the Pokemon one, but as the third movie was my least favorite, less interested in the concept. Plus, what Cow said.

Digital Adventures tbh I'm the least interested in since I've participated in two virtual reality RPs (three if you count the original of one of them) and both RPs went out like a dying light. The more video game part interests me but other than that, yeah.

I figure it's because it's an interesting concept but at heart, it's still the same thing as a fantasy RP with quests. And unless they have an actual plot in mind, the hosts can quickly lose interest in the rinse and repeat method.

Also be warned if you go with the video game RP you'll probably have to do a lot of number crunching unless you decide not to have stats and stuff.

I figure it's because it's an interesting concept but at heart, it's still the same thing as a fantasy RP with quests. And unless they have an actual plot in mind, the hosts can quickly lose interest in the rinse and repeat method.

Also be warned if you go with the video game RP you'll probably have to do a lot of number crunching unless you decide not to have stats and stuff.

Good point with number crunching, I am not a number cruncher. Would probably have stats be something more general, still prevalent enough to influence the RP but not so complex that it would make it difficult for anyone to participate. (because I do not want to have to do math to RP, personal preference) 

I've pretty much whittled it down to either doing Coven or Digital Adventures. 

As far as the Digital Adventures RP goes, what is the general thought about how the RP should start. Would y'all like to see and play through the entrapment of players in the game? Would you like the RP to start several years after being trapped in the game? 

As far as the Digital Adventures RP goes, what is the general thought about how the RP should start. Would y'all like to see and play through the entrapment of players in the game? Would you like the RP to start several years after being trapped in the game? 

I'm gonna just reiterate those questions to y'all. ^^

Also, there is also the option that the Digital Adventures RP doesn't have to be fantasy. It could just as easily be something that is more sci-fi based. It wouldn't be space odyssey or exploration, it is definitely something to consider if there is any interest for that.

As far as Coven goes what kind of internal plot interests y'all the most:

> magic gang wars

> witch hunters...oh no

> there's something going on the city scarier than our magic...*creepy music plays*

> combination of ?

I'm gonna just reiterate those questions to y'all. ^^

Also, there is also the option that the Digital Adventures RP doesn't have to be fantasy. It could just as easily be something that is more sci-fi based. It wouldn't be space odyssey or exploration, it is definitely something to consider if there is any interest for that.

As far as Coven goes what kind of internal plot interests y'all the most:

> magic gang wars

> witch hunters...oh no

> there's something going on the city scarier than our magic...*creepy music plays*

> combination of ?

This would push me over to Coven.  Not sure if you have an idea of how you want to steer the video game rp, but yeah.

Hmmm I'd say if Digital Adventures is more sci-fi...hmm...I really can't say whether I'd be more or less interested in it tbh as it depends. As for playing through being trapped idk we kinda already did that stuff with Undertakers and it's always "omg I'm in a game boohoo" so unless you can do a fresh spin on it I don't really see the point.

For Coven all of the above please. :)

I can help with history on Coven if you want. Don't think I'd personally be interested (at least, not now...) but I'm always up for seeing more historically-themed RPs.

And yeah, VMMORPG RPs tend to burn out quickly. As previously stated, outside of the technological window trappings there's little to distinguish them from generic fantasy RPs unless you go the full .//hack route.

• 2 weeks later...

Coven Inc: This seems pretty interesting. Having witches in the real world that aren't being persecuted is something I haven't seen before. It's a pretty creative option, and I can't wait to see what you do with it. I will be voting for this one.

Pokémon Apocrypha: Woah, cool title! ;). Anyway, while I haven't seen “Spell of the Unown”, having a grittier Pokémon RP with this crazy “Abstractions” might be fun to work with. Sadly, I will not be joining any Pokémon RPs until I get Pokémon Moon, as I do not want to spoil the movesets.

Digital Adventures: I believe that someone above me has mentioned this, but these kinds of things die easily. Not saying that it isn't a good idea, but it's the least appealing to me out of the three.

Archived