[CC Starter Deck Project] - Disastrous Mentalities

BatMed

Card is good enough for TCG, but IMO it's not a good card to add to the project yet. Looking at its current card pool, the project strives towards taking a bunch of steps back in power level, and by having a banishing removal and the speed of a Counter Trap, this card feels like it may be too much for it to handle, at least in its current state. Also, Tribute and Special Summons are intended to be more like win conditions, as opposed to the bread & butter that they are in regular OCG/TCG, and the existence of this card would further discourage players from investing on such monsters, so I suspect it would have a negative impact on the project. Maybe if it was a Normal Trap, and it destroyed instead of banishing, then it would be acceptable as a watered-down Snow Rabbit.

Well, it doesn't affect Normal Summoned monsters, it doesn't negate the effect being used, and it doesn't affect Tribute/Special Summons that decide to just attack first.

Also, banishing is fine IMO considering Tribute/Special Summons are not the bread and butter of the format, making it more of a "save for later" kind of card. We have 1 lonely Tribute Summon, 1 Ritual Summon, and barely 1 card that can complete a decent Pendulum Scale (which is a Fusion to boot).

I do think it being a Counter Trap is a bit questionable though. Basically nothing can get in its way when it does get to activate. It is certainly more fair than the Solemn cards we have IRL by miles. Not saying it's outrageous either. Might need some testing out. Sounds like the kind of card that can shape how players use their cards trying to prevent it.

When I initially read this card my reaction was pretty much the same as Darj's but as I re-read it, the more ok I am with it xD

Archived