The Stanley Parable

cr47t

[spoiler=My Steam review of the game]
As a person who had known about this game for years and was curious about what it was like, I found The Stanley Parable to be a enjoyable and unique game. The main characteristic of the game is you are able to, at multiple opportunities, be able to either follow the narrator's instructions or defy them and go your own way. With these choices you are able to access many different endings -- I want to say the number is around 17-19, but I can't put my finger on it -- while enjoying the witty dialogue of the narrator. There are also plenty of easter eggs (including extra dialogue as well as other, more physical (in the digital sense) easter eggs) for those of you who are into that sort of thing or for if you have exhausted every ending in the game and are looking for something new in it.

Most of the endings don't take long to get to (the main exception being an ending that takes literally 4 hours), and such you can end up running through most of the endings pretty quickly. Some of the achievements (if you're an achivement hunting kind of gamer) can be REALLY difficult to get, but there should be guides on how to get the more difficult ones in a short amount of time. And for a game that can run out of endings in a short amount of time, it's a bit pricey. But if you're interested and are willing to pay the full cost (in $), or see it on sale at a lower price, then give it a try. You may or may not like it depending on what your preferred taste in games is, but I am finding it enjoyable, and so I reccomend it to you.

Discuss.

Archived