Trump leaves in place Obama's protections for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered workers

Ryusei the Morning Star

*Post about the bad s*** Donald does*

"f*** DONALD TRUMP HE IS THE WORST, SPREAD THE WORD OF HOW BAD HE IS."

*Post about the good s*** Donald does*

"WHO THE f*** CARES HOW IS DOING A GOOD THING NEWS"

I think he's more saying: 'meeting the bare minimum standard for human rights is not praisable because it should be expected. If we have to praise minimum standards something is wrong there'.

I think he's more saying: 'meeting the bare minimum standard for human rights is not praisable because it should be expected. If we have to praise minimum standards something is wrong there'.

That implies the world we currently live in is to that standard.

It is not.

It has not been for at least 80 years.

We need to encourage good behavior. Because in my narcissistic opinion, most voters are childish morons.

*MY SELF-AWARENESS IS IMPENETRABLE*

It is not.

We need to encourage good behavior. Because in my narcissistic opinion, most voters are childish morons.

Except, we live in what can be described as the most peaceful era in human history and progress is being made worldwide. Even the wars that people talk about are nothing in comparison to wars of past centuries. Now in the age of things like the UN, NATO and other organisations, as well as the irony of Mutually Assured Destruction, the world is as close to peace as it's ever been. Most wars now end in diplomatic talks, rather than destruction and occupation of one side.

*Post about the bad sheet Donald does*

"funk DONALD TRUMP HE IS THE WORST, SPREAD THE WORD OF HOW BAD HE IS."

*Post about the good sheet Donald does*

"WHO THE funk CARES HOW IS DOING A GOOD THING NEWS"

This isn't good sheet, this is not doing bad sheet, and it's still the most positive story to come out of Trump in the last week.

Also, I found out, it's because trump promised that he would pass this bill which would allow businesses to "discriminate" against LGBT people: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_Defense_Act

I think it should get passed anyway

Lets not. Please and thankyou.

The fact that it was proposed was just shitty as it is now.

Pretty much my sentiment. I am hoping this means the rumors of an anti-LGBT EO being passed this week are false. 

Also, I found out, it's because trump promised that he would pass this bill which would allow businesses to "discriminate" against LGBT people: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_Defense_Act

I think it should get passed anyway

I don't agree with that bill. It's just bad karma turning away customers based on personal prejudice. I think religion is important, but should remain separate from state and business affairs. I feel religion should only affect the people who choose to participate in that religion and not the masses who aren't a part of that community. Even if the bill passes, I figure word will spread that your business refuses to serve gays/whoever else and that's some bad PR on your part.

It is not.

Phil summarised my point for me in a far more neat fashion.

This isn't good s***, this is not doing bad s***.

It's not worth praising because the US is held to this minimum standard now. It might not be the minimum standard in place globally, but it should certaintly be the minimum in the US given it's oft claimed as the leader of the free world. The bare minimum expected of him would be to not regress upon it, and as such simply doing that does not merit praise unless you are looking to go 'Look, he's not funking everything up'. And that is a bigger story in and of itself

So should a Jewish baker have to make a Neo Nazi a cake celebrating the holocaust?zuTs8to.jpg

It's official. At the very least the left needs to stop jabroniing that the GOP's platform is gonna go into effect lock step and barrel

People are allowed to jabroni about policies they don't like.

Also that isn't a valid comparison. Refusing buisness because the customer is a bigot is not the same as the buisness owner themselves being predjudiced. The former is refusing to partake in discrimination, the latter is being discriminatory.

People are allowed to jabroni about policies they don't like.

Also that isn't a valid comparison. Refusing buisness because the customer is a bigot is not the same as the buisness owner themselves being predjudiced. The former is refusing to partake in discrimination, the latter is being discriminatory.

1) Yes, but the recurring strawman to 'pence said this 15 years ago" is silly cause pence is not president. DJT has shown nothing but a willingness to reach out to the LGBT community, and this should settle that fear down

2) big·ot·ry ˈbiɡətrē/ noun intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself. A good portion of the LGBT community fits this view with regards to religious Christians. In a certain way, the LGBT community would be bigotry to them

Should you be able to deny service to someone because they're black?

The answer may surprise you!

Good thing we have capitalism. Here. One firm sells products to gay people, the other does not. Gay people will go the first, and the latter will be out competed and lose revenue. Markets punish discrimination unless codified in law. (That's what happened in the south, it was codified to be Separate)

1) Yes, but the recurring strawman to 'pence said this 15 years ago" is silly cause pence is not president. DJT has shown nothing but a willingness to reach out to the LGBT community, and this should settle that fear down

2) big·ot·ry ˈbiɡətrē/ noun intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself. A good portion of the LGBT community fits this view with regards to religious Christians. In a certain way, the LGBT community would be bigotry to them

Good thing we have capitalism. Here. One firm sells products to gay people, the other does not. Gay people will go the first, and the latter will be out competed and lose revenue. Markets punish discrimination unless codified in law. (That's what happened in the south, it was codified to be Separate)

That would be great if his actions didn't contradict his words. Throwing out Mike Pence, Trump's cabinet is filled people who have repeated tried to push a homophobic agenda like Jeff Sessions, Betsy DeVos, Tom Price, Elaine Chao, and Reince Priebus. Besides this doesn't stop him from giving exception to allow for religious based discrimination described in the First Amendment Defense Act.

Also, there's a difference between not really caring to associate with people, or not feeling really comfortable around people because they have routinely tried to act against your best interests, and outright doing everything in your power to oppress and an entire group of people. 

That would be great if his actions didn't contradict his words. Throwing out Mike Pence, Trump's cabinet is filled people who have repeated tried to push a homophobic agenda like Jeff Sessions, Betsy DeVos, Tom Price, Elaine Chao, and Reince Priebus. Besides this doesn't stop him from giving exception to allow for religious based discrimination described in the First Amendment Defense Act.

Also, there's a difference between not really caring to associate with people, or not feeling really comfortable around people because they have routinely tried to act against your best interests, and outright doing everything in your power to oppress and an entire group of people. 

I'd say this is an action you cannot argue with. This is a law, appointing people with sketchy history is diff. Also Sessions said he would protect LGBT in his confirmation hearing 

C'mon Elly, not baking a cake or catering a wedding isn't "outright doing everything in your power to oppress and an entire group of people"

I'd say this is an action you cannot argue with. This is a law, appointing people with sketchy history is diff. Also Sessions said he would protect LGBT in his confirmation hearing 

C'mon Elly, not baking a cake or catering a wedding isn't "outright doing everything in your power to oppress and an entire group of people"

I'm not talking about the funking cake, Christians have a long, documented history of violence and discrimination against the LGBT community, it's not like this is a new thing. It goes far beyond not baking a cake and you know it. Even now there are Christian groups like Focus on the Family, which advocates for conversion therapy, that are fighting tooth and nail to make sure that people in the LGBT community don't get equal rights. 

I'm not talking about the funking cake, Christians have a long, documented history of violence and discrimination against the LGBT community, it's not like this is a new thing. It goes far beyond not baking a cake and you know it. Even now there are Christian groups like Focus on the Family, which advocates for conversion therapy, that are fighting tooth and nail to make sure that people in the LGBT community don't get equal rights. 

I don't know it. I'm taking issue solely with the fact that an Oregon Lesbian couple sued a baker out of business for 200k because they politely refused to make a cake

I'm obviously against violence 

2) big·ot·ry ˈbiɡətrē/ noun intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself. A good portion of the LGBT community fits this view with regards to religious Christians. In a certain way, the LGBT community would be bigotry to them

A free market only does so much, and not in any reasonably humane amount of time, either. Its dependant on public opinion, which is why laws discouraging and prohibiting discrimination are in the books to begin with.

While you're technically correct about intolerance toward homophobia being bigotry, i think any rational person can see the difference between predudice toward a person for an immutable quality like race or sexuality and predudice against people who hold those beliefs. One is generally considered to be ethically sound, while the other is not.

Also something something elly covered the pence thing better than i could.

Edit: keep it civil please, ladies and gents.

The pence point is silly unless the Democrats find a way to impeach Trump...then I'll be worried

Hometown markets are pretty rapid in response. And public opinion towards LGB individuals is increasing by the day.

Side note, anyone got stats on how Americans feel about Transfolk? IK marriage equality is popular, didn't know conversion was

Archived