Electronic Entertainment Expo 2017

Shradow

A few minutes ago Reggie showed it on Treehouse, they're actually playing it live right now!

I just saw the trailer. WHY WASN'T THIS SHOWN DURING THE MAIN PRESSER!!! DAMN IT NINTENDO, STOP DOING THAT!!!!

One of the things I found interesting was the more fighting oriented combat Samus was doing made me think of Other M. I remember it looking really cool in the trailers for that, so seeing it again is interesting.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching the Ninty conference, I really need to buy a funking Switch (Another reason to get a bloody job so I can afford it)

As is (since I don't own one), the only thing that interests me is Fire Emblem Warriors as I believe they're releasing it for 3ds... and the DLC for BotW (scrub version ofc)

- Pokémon for the Switch is cool

- Same can be said for Odyssey's gameplay, but as I said before, I'm getting the beginning of SPM-vibes from the plot

I am sad they didn't mention anything about VC, though, from what I saw.

And no Smash, but hoping for Smash this soon was always wishful thinking, I think.

EDIT: Or Animal Crossing, no Animal Crossing. That was one thing I was really hoping for. :(

Actually, I shouldn't give up hope yet on a new Animal Crossing, Nintendo could still potentially drop some new titles via Treehouse streams (like Samus Returns) over the next few days. Nintendo's still got more info to give out.

I gotta say, though, I was definitely the most impressed with Nintendo despite their presentation only being a half hour.

E3 summed up.

I didn't put it together until just now that FE was another Dynasty Warriors game, been too distracted. 

Metroid Prime 4 is being developed by another studio, not Retro. But it will still be overseen by longtime producer Kensuke Tanabe, who produced the previous Metroid Prime games.

I feel like this is the case every year. Nintendo knows how to present its games (helped by them doing it throughout the year and not just for E3) and they've always made really good games. Like the Wii U has a really solid library of exclusives hitting a ton of genres.

Sad to here Retro isn't doing it, but building a new development team could have some really large payoffs down the road. Though I am SUPER curious what Retro has been doing. The last game they put out was Tropical Freeze and thats a few years ago now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-GVs981uAM

I adore this song from the new Odyssey trailer so much. I assume it's Pauline singing it, since she's in the game as the mayor of New Donk City as well as singer of a band.

Part of me is like, no ways thats actually Pauline, but I could totally believe Nintendo would bring her back. She been hanging out in the vs. games for a while so seeing her in the main series is cool.

The song is just so fun. It really captures what makes Nintendo such a great company. Their games are just fun.

As if I need another reason to get Fire Emblem Warriors: Chrom and Tiki amiibos are a thing.

Eventually every major Nintendo character will have an Amiibo. Mark my words.

So there's still the actual E3 festivities themselves, and I'm sure we'll get more bits of news over the next few days, but how would you guys rate all the conferences?

Nintendo > Ubisoft > Sony = Microsoft > Bethesda > EA

Nintendo's definitely my favorite. They dropped some huge bombs with Metroid Prime 4 and a core Pokemon game on the Switch, had a fantastic showing of Mario Odyssey, and the rest of the stuff like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Yoshi, and Kirby all looked great. Rocket League is also a pretty big pickup. Plus we could get some more info from the Treehouse streams like we did Samus Returns, though including that stuff might make for an unfair comparison just because of how much Treehouse stuff they'll be doing.

Ubisoft is second for me, they had a really strong opening with Mario + Rabbids which completely surpassed my expectations. I don't watch South Park and haven't played Stick of Truth (only seen friends play it) but the new one looks just as fun, and Skull & Bones and Far Cry 5 both look really cool. I'm also excited to see Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Sony and Microsoft were pretty close for me. The presentations themselves were quite nice, but both had a lot I didn't care about. But Sony had the SotC remake, Monster Hunter World, and more Destiny 2 info, while Microsoft had Anthem, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, and Terry Crews, all of which looked awesome.

Bethesda was pretty cool, but I felt like they spent way too much time on games that're already out, even if it was technically new content such as VR versions and DLC. EA I was pretty much uninterested in the entire time except for the Anthem teaser, but that was only really covered in Microsoft's conference anyways.

And I can't comment much on the PC Gaming Show, I didn't actually watch that one and don't really feel like watching it, though some of the screenshots of stuff I've seen look neat such as Tunic and Ylands.

EDIT: Oh funk yeah more stuff.

EDIT: Oh funk yeah more stuff.

Curious what the price point will be. The original is on the VC and while the Minions game looks cute, it likely won't be able to make up that large a gap in price.

It is cool that with this release it means all the Mario&Luigi games are playable on 3DS.

What is this in reference too?

Anyway, since I complained about it, I'll note FE: Warriors had gameplay shown off during the Tree House if anyone wanted to check that out.

In Hyperdimension Neptunia, Blanc is the CPU of Lowee and represents Nintendo.

Many old franchises are being revived like Metroid and Prime, which were long forgotten, and even... him.

Since there are going to be a lot of buyers of these new Nintendo Games, it means that Blanc will gain a massive amount of shares, which are the converted faith of Nintendo followers.

I feel like this is the case every year. Nintendo knows how to present its games (helped by them doing it throughout the year and not just for E3) and they've always made really good games. Like the Wii U has a really solid library of exclusives hitting a ton of genres.

Sad to here Retro isn't doing it, but building a new development team could have some really large payoffs down the road. Though I am SUPER curious what Retro has been doing. The last game they put out was Tropical Freeze and thats a few years ago now.

Part of me is like, no ways thats actually Pauline, but I could totally believe Nintendo would bring her back. She been hanging out in the vs. games for a while so seeing her in the main series is cool.

The song is just so fun. It really captures what makes Nintendo such a great company. Their games are just fun.

Eventually every major Nintendo character will have an Amiibo. Mark my words.

I think it was smart of them to switch (heh) to small presentations like these. You can do extra stuff for presentation, don't have to worry about technical difficulties, not have a guy amble on before getting to the good stuff, etc. Though I guess without the all the other conferences, there wouldn't be much of an E3.

[spoiler=Believe it!]

01e318b85252861b5a5169572553e969.jpg

That song is beautiful. I love jazz and swing, hearing that with the trailer brought a huge smile to my face.

I think it was smart of them to switch (heh) to small presentations like these. You can do extra stuff for presentation, don't have to worry about technical difficulties, not have a guy amble on before getting to the good stuff, etc. Though I guess without the all the other conferences, there wouldn't be much of an E3.

[spoiler=Believe it!]

01e318b85252861b5a5169572553e969.jpg

That song is beautiful. I love jazz and swing, hearing that with the trailer brought a huge smile to my face.

I can agree with that. Even though we only had 25 minutes of content it was just game after game after game. And they still had some talking thanks to Reggie. When you have a stage presentation you end up with a fair bit more down time. Though even without the shows E3 still has a massive hands on part. Like, its honestly kind of sad how much this gets overshadowed by a lot of people.

I REALLY want to know how the two of them interact. Also if DK will show up since Not NY has a TON of DK nods.

I like how in parts of the song from the Odyssey trailer you can hear the original Donkey Kong song being played in the background (about 1:30 into the song if you're listening to the full version).

Also, do the other companies do content streams like Nintendo has with their Treehouse? The presentation itself was short but I imagine they end up putting out way more footage than the others.

I like how in parts of the song from the Odyssey trailer you can hear the original Donkey Kong song being played in the background (about 1:30 into the song if you're listening to the full version).

Also, do the other companies do content streams like Nintendo has with their Treehouse? The presentation itself was short but I imagine they end up putting out way more footage than the others.

As far as I know, Nintendo is the only company that has anything like the Tree House. Which, yea, more than makes up for the shorter presentations. The fact that they then put all the stuff up on their youtube makes looking for whatever you're interested in easy too.

Archived