Pokemon: Mind and Soul [IC/PG-13/Not Accepting]

hxJ6EEI.png

Poké: 1340

"Of course I have to deal with the Rock type. Go, Supersonic!"

The grunt's Zubat sent out a visible... rather slow, wave of sound. Was that a move that ever hit something, with how slow it moved? "Lunar, you might want to avoid that." At her suggestion, the Rockruff rather casually stepped aside, letting the wave of sound harmlessly hit the dock, just next to Lunar. It seemed that nothing would be coming of that Grunt's attack after all... at least, not until the wave of sound rippled off the floor and hit Lunar. A dazed look crossed the Rockruff's face as he was impacted by the sound, and a smug look crossed the opposing grunt's face.

"That's more like it! Now, use Astonish!"

On the grunt's order, the blue bat swooped down toward Lunar, and performed a startling manuever. However, Lunar didn't seem fazed. "Hit it back with a Tackle!" With a dizzy bark, Lunar started forward toward the Zubat... then made a hard turn, dashing face-first into the cliff face overlooking the docks. "That's, uh... not the Zubat."

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ZIVztwp.png

DoXqK9s.png

"I was gonna show that drab girl with you what a real trainer is but I guess I'll just have to deal with you instead."

"Sorry to disappoint."  Oswald said with a sly smile.  

"Salandit, sweetie, Poison Gas." In an instant, the Pokemon let out a large cloud of gas that Icarus had no choice but to dive through.  With a sounding boom, Icarus collided with his target, bouncing the Salandit back.  Smirking and tossing her hair Alicia gave a second command. "Venoshock."  The attack looked somewhat like multiple globs of purple gunk shot out in a spread.  Some of them collided with Icarus, causing him to chirp in irritation.  Then, not a second later, Icarus flung his wings up in the air, as the attack seemed to hurt him even more.  The bird put it's wings back down, and started to breath heavily. 

"Icarus!"  Oswald shouted out with concern.  "He must be poisoned...and that attack was Venomshock."  In the academy, he was told that thugs and gangsters had a tendency to like poison-types, so they were advised to study the typing heavily.  Poison Gas was naturally what it sounded like, and Icarus had gotten poisoned from the attack.  And then the corresponding attack, Venomshock, was quite a new attack.  It doubled the damage against an already poisoned target.  This thug was more clever than she looked.  Oswald returned Icarus, who looked back at him with annoyance.  "I won't let him get hurt anymore.  Go Archie!"  Oswald's Mareep was let out with a high baa, as it's wool body expanded with excitement.  "I've got something like that, too."  He said, smiling.  "Archie, use Thunder Wave!"  The Mareep baa'd again, as three yellow rings moved their way towards the Salandit in a hypnotic fashion.  "Now follow up with your newest move!  Thundershock!"  Archie's wool gained more static, as it built up to the point where a small bolt of lightning zapped it's way to Salandit.  

OCO5E4E.png

Root let out a displeased snorting sound, seeing her attack do some damage, although definitely not as effective as she would have liked. The Bellsprout's eyes narrowed, preparing to attack it some more when suddenly a psychic wave rushed at the plant Pokemon. Root brought up its leaves, blocking the attack as best as it could before being sent flying back. "Root!" Ivan shouted, the Bellsprout being sent back quite a bit. Despite the power behind the attack, Root managed to get back up, although it was definitely shaking now. Ivan knew that it wouldn't be long before Root was knocked out. "I think its time to go back..."

Root, hearing her trainer, turned back at the boy and made some angry noises at him. The plant nudged its head towards the Malamar, making a whipping motion with its hand. Ivan sighed. From what he knew about his most recent catch, the grass-type was going to rush in and fight Malamar with or without Ivan's directions. "I guess it can't be helped then..." Ivan shook his head. "Ok Root, Vine Whip!" Root nodded her head almost too eagerly, turning back at its foe and lunging as the big squid crouched.

sXIqNHS.png

The Malamar seemed to be confident after its attack landed. It turned towards the Budew as it used its Growth attack. They did the closest thing to smirking as the beaked Pokemon could and it suddenly flipped onto its head. As it did a dark glow surrounded it, which also enveloped Fleaur.

Suddenly the Pokemon shrunk to its normal size...and then shrunk even farther. The Malamar flipped back over and tucked itself down, prepared to leap forward in a Tackle, barely injured by the Absorb...

When the other two's attacks landed on it. The Pokemon let out a groan before collapsing face-first into the marsh, unconscious.

[spoiler=OOC]And so the beast hath been slain. It still cannot be caught though. Buuuuut.

Cherry has gained 2 levels

Rus has gained 2

Po has gained a level

Root has gained 2 levels

Etoile has gained a level

Fleaur has gained 2 levels

ZA2NV7M.png

After several more Absorb exchanges the Team Phoenix Grunt facing Naomi threw up his hands. "What am I doing?" He shouted. He then returned the Zubat and sent out his second Pokemon....A Beedrill.

Naomi didn't know much but she knew Hoppip would have even more trouble against that Pokemon. She tried to return it but, once again, Knight dodged the beam and charged at the Beedrill in an attempt to slam into it almost uselessly. "Ha, what's this idiot doing?" The Grunt shouted, unintentionally mirroring his previous scolding of himself, as he commanded his Beedrill to use Poison Sting. Knight was peppered by a volley of needles and sent to the ground. It seemed to struggle to get back up, having been battered quite a lot by the single hit.

Then Naomi remembered. "Oh, Synthesis."

---

"BWAHAHAHAHA!" The female Grunt burst out into laughter at the Rockruff's antics. "That thing is so stupid you kiddin me?" She took a few moments to stop laughing so much before she called out the her Zubat. "Lets put this thing out of its misery and Absorb the dumb dog, Zubat!"

The Grunt's Pokemon gave off a greenish glow as an aura appeared around where the Rockruff was, and the Zubat drained energy from the Rock type.

---

"Salandit, Ember that...adorable....that thing!" Alicia shouted, glaring at Oswald as if he did something wrong. The Pokemon shot out a barage of small flaming balls that launched towards Archie, shooting between the Thunder Waves.

Though this meant that the Pokemon couldn't escape from the Thunder Wave. Seeing the next attack coming, right after, Alicia called out for her Pokemon to jump to the side.

The Salandit did, but its movements were sluggish and jery, and the Thundershock caught it in the back legs. The Pokemon winced as it landed, its back leg now injured. But it seemed to be relatively healthy.

"You're not going to get me with that shock again! Even paralyzed my darling is too fast for your little...fluffy...sheep!"

[spoiler=OOC]Team Phoenix Grunt A (Male): Zubat, level 7, Absorb, Supersonic, Astonish

Team Phoenix Grunt B (Female: Zubat, level 8, Absorb, Supersonic, Astonish

Team Phoenix Admin, Alicia: Salandit, level 9, Poison Gas, Venoshock, Ember, ???

Grunt vs Naomi: Knight, even with the Synthesis, is pretty injured. And seemingly refuses to get into the ball.

Grunt vs Kanon: The Zubat will use Absorb multiple times from here on out, unless Lunar snaps out of confusion.

Alicia vs Oswald: Salandit is now Paralyzed and a bit injured but still counter attacking...also Alicia's speed line may not be true I would have to check. She's saying it anyway.

sXIqNHS.png

As the last barrage of attacks had struck the Malamar, it was evident that the beast had been defeated as it fell to the ground. Looking at it for a second, the then leaped into the air, pumping her fist up as she said, "we did it!" Walking over to Rus she said, "up high buddy!" Holding her hand up for a high five, the Lepash looked back to her, clearly still riding the adrenaline of having fought something so much stronger than itself and jumped into the air. Using its to hind paws to meet Jacklyn's palm, doing the closest thing to a high five it could, the girl looked to her other teammates. "See guys, whenever there's something strange, you gotta go inspect it. And wasn't what followed inspecting that statue awesome?" Without giving a chance to respond she said, "it was pretty awesome."

Giving the area a quick survey, the girl looked back to the group saying, "but well, I guess we're done here. So who's ready to get back to more adventuring? There's still a whole of lot of road to get across after all." 

OCO5E4E.png

Ivan pumped his fist as he watched the Malamar go down. Leaning down, he gave Root a high five, the Bellsprout slapping its leaf onto the boy's palm. Root seemed exhausted, although her eyes were still fiery. "You killed it out there, Root!" Ivan said, pulling out a Pokeball. "Here, let's get ye some rest." Root looked up at Ivan, eyes still fiery with passion. It clearly still wanted to fight, although its body betrayed it as it collapsed onto its knee. Ivan tossed the ball at Root, returning it to the Pokeball.

He turned his attention to his comrades. Jacklyn seemed like she was ready for more. Ivan shook his head. "I don't know about the rest of you, but both my mons got quite a beating during that fight. We should aim to get to the next town, or at least rest up for a bit." He turned to Jacklyn specifically. "After all, what good is adventure if you're friends are too exhausted?"

hxJ6EEI.png

"BWAHAHAHAHA! That thing is so stupid you kiddin me? Let's put this thing out of its misery and Absorb the dumb dog, Zubat!"

"You're the one who couldn't fight my 'stupid' dog with that bat in a straight fight!" Kanon retorted. As the Zubat got to work on its absorb attack, Kanon pointed more directly at the bat, and said "Try it again Lunar! Give that thing a good tackle!" The Rockruff charged once again, the dazed look still on his face but otherwise seeming perfectly fine this time. He ran right for the Zubat, and threw his entire body at the flying creature. After the Rockruff's tackle, another trade of ordered blows - Rockruff's Tackle and Zubat's Absorb - took place.

Perhaps it was the running into a rock wall then having its nutrients drained, but Lunar seemed to finally snap out of it as the second Absorb hit its mark. "Don't let up! Keep tackling it!" With a spirited yap, the stone dog charged the Zubat once again, not letting up on the attacks as Kanon had ordered.

ZIVztwp.png

DoXqK9s.png

"Salandit, Ember that...adorable....that thing!" The girl almost seemed mad to attack Archie.  He wondered why that was.  After a little comprehensive analyzing, he could tell she must have thought Archie was cute in some way.  However, Oswald was a bit offended seeing as how she didn't think Icarus was cute as well.  Maybe there would be a way to use this to his advantage.  

"Maaaaary!"  Archie bah'd in pain, as Oswald was too lost in thought to have Archie try to avoid the attack.  The ball of fire erupted upon contact, searing Archie's fluffy coat.  

"You're not going to get me with that shock again! Even paralyzed my darling is too fast for your little...fluffy...sheep!"

Oswald thought for a moment, before smirking, and then running up to Archie before hugging him.  

"Oh Archie, my poor little fluffy baby!"  Archie looked bewildered, but didn't mind the attention.  Oswald pet the Flaffy's bouncy fluff, temptingly towards Alicia.  "How could you hurt my precious, and adorable partner like that?!  How cruel."  Archie understood Oswald's plan, and Bah'd pathetically, almost wimpering, as it jumped out of Oswald's arms, and limped over in pain towards Salandit.  His eyes grew big, as the tears began to well up in the corner of his eyes.  With another pathetic Bah, Oswald let up the facade.  "Archie, Tackle that Salandit now!"  He said smiling, as Archie took the opportunity of being up close to ram it's body into Salandit.  "And follow it up with another Thundershock!"  Archie's singed wool built up static, before launching it in a small beam towards Alicia's partner.  "Well, was our performance...shocking...or sheepish?"  He said with a corny smile.  

ZA2NV7M.png

The male Grunt gave Naomi an incredulous look as Knight absorbed light and healed some of their wounds. "Seriously? Why you gotta waste my time like that?"

Knight, full of confidence after healing, charged in and rammed into the Beedril. Though it seemed not to do much damage and the trainer merely laughed and called for his Beedril to use another Poison Sting. This volley seemed enough to take Knight down.  "Ha, what are you gonna do now, huh? Huh?!" the Grunt said, full of energy after taking down one of Naomi's Pokemon.

"Um....go Princess." Naomi said without much enthusiasm.

The look on the Grunt's face when Naomi's Rhyhorn came out was worth more Pokedollars than there were stars in the sky.

---

"Straight fight? What are you, ten?" The female Grunt taunted Kanon as the girl had her angered outburst. Lunar was able to land a solid hit on the Zubat. The bat was knocked off to the side and almost hit the ground. However it swooped downward at the last second in order to gain momentum to take back upwards. As Lunar Tackled once more the female Grunt taunted again. "That all you got? Maybe if Zubat was Frozen you'd have a chance."

The Zubat darted to the side as Lunar attacked and hit the Rock Type with another Absorb. Not only did it do a good chunk of damage to the Rockruff but it was slowly healing the Zubat as well.

---

Alicia looked conflicted. She went between a face of cold dispassion to an almost pained expression. When Archie baa'd pathetically she gasped and placed a hand over her mouth. However this expression turned fiery when Archie tackled the Salandit. She called out for it to Ember as Archie sent out a Thundershock. The two moves passed by each other and Alicia's Pokemon was struck with electricity.

It was still standing but Alicia was glaring at Oswald. "How dare you." She said, tossing her hair angrily. "I should have known a cute thing owned by someone like you would secretly be a rat."

She then returned her Salandit to its Pokeball, giving the ball a kiss before putting it in her bag, and sent out another Pokemon. Small, humanoid, with a white body, green head, and a strange red protrusion on top of its head, Alicia's second Pokemon turned out to be Ralts. "Use Confusion, and don't hold back, it just LOOKS cute!" Alicia called out, gesturing aggressively at the Mareep.

[spoiler=OOC]Team Phoenix Grunt A (Male): Zubat, level 7, Absorb, Supersonic, Astonish

Beedril, level 10, Poison Sting, ???, ???, ???

Team Phoenix Admin, Alicia: Salandit, level 9, Poison Gas, Venoshock, Ember, ???

Ralts, level 10, Confusion

Naomi: Knight is down.

Kanon: So, Lunar is probably around half health and the Zubat is still fairly high in health due to Absorb. Basically if it keeps going like this Lunar will go down before the Zubat.

Oswald: Mkay so the Salandit is pretty worn down but not quite out yet. And as for what the Confusion looks like....basically there is a strange, sorta psychedelic looking, glow and the target area gets hit by an invisible force, mentally.

sXIqNHS.png

With Ivan speaking up about needing to rest soon, the girl looked to the man with a look of both annoyance and understanding saying, "sly Ivan, sly." Though she was perfectly able to continue on adventuring without her friends, she would feel bad as team leader leaving them in the dust and as such made a compromise. "Well, we're already pretty far down the road so we're probably close enough to the next town. And then I guuuuues we'll stop for the night." With her zeal returning and her Lepash in her arms she merely called out, "onward friends! To Islesbury! New locations await!" 

As the group had continued their adventure down the road, they eventually had found themselves in a harbor town. With the air of the sea and fish being all the more present given their proximity to both, the young adventurer merely took a deep breath through her nose, before exhaling saying, "ah, the sea. Isn't the smell just wonderful guys?" With a bright smile on her face and a good deal of pep in her step she pointed to the large staircase that connected the harbor to the city on the cliff side. "Well, how's about we get exploring!" With an eager look on her face her gaze then fell to Ivan, which deflated her enthusiasm a bit as she doubled back saying, "-for a place to rest...yeah." 

[spoiler=Islesbury]

Description:  A safe harbor for ships traveling near the Korova Region, due to the storms that sometimes pop up around the outer edges, which has a natural port for ships to dock. Also the one place to find a boat to the mainland. Known mainly for its fishy smell but pleasant people. As well as the fishing competition.

Harbor. The city is at the edge of a cliff and the harbor is an area under the cliff where ships can go. Which has a dock with stairs leading up to the main city. Also where the fishing competition is held. The dock is wide enough for Pokemon battles and stretches around the eastern side of the city.

Trainers: Various Fishermen. (Feel free to battle a few of them to get an extra level or two)

Encounters: Fishing. Magikarp, 75%. Goldeen, 20%. Remoraid, 4%. Feebass, 1% (Note, requires a fishing rod)

ZIVztwp.png

DoXqK9s.png

As Archie's electricity found it's mark, so to did the Salandit's ember.  At this close a range, getting hit like that was inevitable.

"Rookie mistake Oswald!  Get your head in the game."  There was no doubt in his mind that this criminal was more than skilled.  If he didn't make it out of this with that rod, he wouldn't be surprised.  NO!  There was no time to be doubting himself!  This was the real deal!  A criminal organization's admin was staring him right in the face!  It was time to bring her down, and bring her in.  

"How dare you." Alicia said, tossing her hair angrily. "I should have known a cute thing owned by someone like you would secretly be a rat."  The insult made Archie flinch back a bit.  

"HEY!  Scum like you aren't allowed to bully my partner around!  You're gonna pay for making Archie cry like that!"  Oswald said, rattling his fist in the air.  The support from his trainer made Archie perk up a bit, as electricity flowed through his wool, making his wool seem like it had a mind of its own.  However, Alicia had different plans, as she returned Salandit to it's pokeball, only to throw out a strange pokemon he wasn't familiar with.  

"Use Confusion, and don't hold back, it just LOOKS cute!"

"Archie is cute!  He's my adorable partner!"  But Oswald wasn't sure of what the attack confusion looked like.  Although the pokemon seemed to be telegraphing something, he wasn't sure what was going to happen.  He soon found out, as the area around Archie started to become visibly distorted.  "Archie, get outta there!"  But it was too late, as the force in the area started to bang on Archie's head, causing him to baa in pain.  As the attack would let up, Archie wobbled back and forth a bit.  His coat was singed, and he was visibly fatigued.  "This isn't good...what do I do?"  He couldn't run, and he hadn't even the faintest thought to stock up on potions until now.  Archie would be too slow to dodge that Confusion attack...but Icarus was already poisoned.  He was struggling to keep his cool.  Would it be possible to switch partners?  No...he was going to take her down.  He took out Archie's ball and returned him, only to bring out Icarus once more.  Icarus unfurled his wings, and chirped, albeit rather weakly.  He was still huffing and puffing from the poison, but he was definitely fast enough to avoid this pokemon's attack.  

"Alright Icarus!  Let's hit the opponent with a Quick Attack!  Let's make it a good one!"  Icarus flapped, kicking up some dust from the ground, and picking himself up into the air.  He flapped them again to move forward with a burst of unimaginable speed.  The opponent looked rather frail, and slow, so this was the best plan of action.  

hxJ6EEI.png

"Straight fight? What are you, ten? That all you got? Maybe if Zubat was Frozen you'd have a chance."

Kanon glared at the grunt. She must have thought she was so amazing. This fight wasn't going so well, because that bat kept absorbing. "Lunar, give that bat another Leer!" In a manner not unlike Kanon had to the grunt, the Rockruff shot the Zubat a nasty look. As the Zubat used an absorb attack once again, Kanon commanded "Now Tackle it!" Hopefully the Leer would help turn the fight in her favor. She didn't like this grunt, and while she would have liked to be the one to shove Alicia's face in it, defeating this Grunt would have to cut it.

And then she'd have to figure out what this Team Phoenix was.

ZA2NV7M.png

"Argh. you kidding me?" The Grunt said as his Beedrill's Poison Sting practically bounced harmlessly off of Princess. "Fine, Bug Bite the stupid thing!" The Beedrill looked back at its trainer with an almost flabbergasted expression before diving towards Princess. A small projection of a greenish mouth opened up in front of the Beedrill's face.

"You know what t'do." Naomi muttered to Princess. The Rhyhorn lowered its head as Beedrill came in and, when it was close, raised it and slammed her horn into the Bug Type Pokemon.

This seemed to hurt it a great deal as the Pokemon veered to the side and almost collapsed after the blow. "Tch...I dunno then, Harden!" The Grunt called out in frustration.

---

"What do you think a Poisoned bird is gonna...hey watch it!" Alicia stomped her foot on the ground as Icarus took off suddenly and slammed into her Ralts. The frail Pokemon was blown back and knocked onto its back by the fierce attack. "How dare you touch my precious girl!" The Ralts seemed to struggle a moment before getting back to its feet, and gave Icarus a rather frightened look.

"Ralts, don't worry, you're much stronger than they are. Teleport into Double Team!"

The Pokemon gave a nod and vanished from sight. Only to appear farther to the right of Icarus. They then caused their own body to look distorted. Almost like there was several of them standing there. Icarus would have a bit harder time telling which one was the real one.

But the Ralts didn't have this problem. "Confusion this one too!" Alicia called out triumphantly.

---

"Tch, lucky shot..." The female Grunt muttered as her Zubat was knocked to the ground by Lunar's Tackle. But we're not over with yet!" From the ground the Zubat sent out another Supersonic. "You think you're all that don't ya? Well you ain't nothing! Team Phoenix gonna show the world who's really on top! And it ain't no nosy goody goody like you!" The Zubat would then proceed to try and keep its distance from Lunar while firing Supersonic after Supersonic. It would continue to use this attack until either it hit or Lunar got close. The moment Lunar got within a few feet the Zubat's trainer would tell her Zubat to use Absorb.

Beedril, level 10, Poison Sting, Bug Bite, Harden

Ralts, level 10, Confusion, Teleport, Double Team, ???

Naomi: It seems like it's gonna be a pretty easy battle...probably.

Oswald: Ralts took about a third damage but is now at a distance and has +1 Evasion

Kanon: Kinda explained the battle plan in post but yeah its deadset on Confusing Lunar again unless somehow stopped.

Also still open to give info when asked.

OCO5E4E.png

As the group continued onward, they arrived at what Ivan assumed was Islesbury. The air was full of the sea, seeing that it was right by it. He wasn't expecting to stop by somewhere that reminded him so much of Alola. "To think I just got away from the sea not long ago..." Ivan said, a sad grin on his face. He felt a bit of regret as he stood on the harbor town, looking over the ocean. It reminded him of Alola. Maybe coming here was a mistake...

Ivan shook his head. It didn't matter now; there was no going back. Still, he was not expecting to feel so nostalgic of the place he swore against. It was making him rather uneasy. "Well, how's about we get exploring!" Ivan turned to Jacklyn, who's expression seemed to shift as their eyes met. "-for a place to rest... yeah." Ivan sighed.

"Relax, kid. We'll hit the road asap..." He looked around the place, before turning to his hand, which had Po's Pokeball clutched in it. "...I'd rather not stick around this dump much longer." He took steps ahead of the group. "Reminds me too much of home..." He muttered, although anyone paying attention would be able to hear him.

ZIVztwp.png

DoXqK9s.png

"How dare you touch my precious girl!" Oswald scratched his head.

"But...you're the one who sent her out...I can't help it."  He clenched his fist, and brought it towards his center with a big smile on his face.  "After I bring you in, I'll make sure Ralts won't be abused by you thugs any longer!  She'll have a loving family!"  This pain for Ralts was only temporary.  "I can promise you that much."  

"Ralts, don't worry, you're much stronger than they are. Teleport into Double Team!"

This time, the attack distorted Ralts' own body, making it seem like multiple duplicates of the Pokemon appeared from out of thin air.  Icarus looked bewildered for a moment, as a slight pain was felt in his chest.  The poison was chipping away at his stamina with every attack that he did.  Oswald had to end this fight fast...he wouldn't be able to keep avoiding attacks forever.  

"He can't confuse you if you hit them all at once!  Icarus, fly to the side and swoop in with another Quick Attack!"  Icarus chirped in agreement, as he took flight and dashed towards the side.  Once all the Ralts' were in a straight line of sight, Icarus rushed in with a sweeping white light forming around him from the sheer speed.  Even if the attack missed, the Starly would fly higher above the ground, and above Ralts.  "Now, dive bomb Ralts with another Quick Attack!"  The attack was a bit risky, but Icarus was up for it.  After all, he was a bit Reckless.  The bird pokemon flew straight down, and towards any Ralts he could collide with in time.  

hxJ6EEI.png

"You think you're all that don't ya? Well you ain't nothing! Team Phoenix gonna show the world who's really on top! And it ain't no nosy goody goody like you!"

From its safe distance, the Zubat began firing off more of those annoying Supersonic attacks. "Don't let those hit anywhere near you! Tackle it!" The dog began running at the Zubat, weaving to and fro when necessary. Only to be met with yet another Absorb attack, as the good boy leapt forward to throw himself at this irritating and surprisingly persistent bat. Of all the things Kanon expected to have trouble with, a Zubat wasn't on that list. Although, she wasn't entirely surprised. She'd never liked bats.

"I don't think I'm all that. I just wanted to be a breeder, but I don't need to join some team just to get by! Especially not with her!" To signify exactly who "her" was, Kanon pointed directly at Alicia, who apparently was the head of these grunts? How someone like her got into a management position was beyond Kanon.

sXIqNHS.png

Jacklyn merely innocently whistled, keeping her eyes off Ivan as he told her to relax. Of course, there was a clear light up in her eyes as he finished his statement, and the girl merely pumped her fist into the air saying, "then let's begin our search for a place to rest. Now, if I were a pokemon center where would I be?" As the girl mused, she began to take her steps deeper into the city, only for her eyes to suddenly fall upon a small Zorua prancing through the streets. While it seemed to have a rather pleasant expression across its face, it seemed to jolt with surprise and worry as a voice could be heard calling from behind it. 

"Get....back.....here...." The voice, while trying to shout sounded far more out of breath and strained then it actually did authoritative. Were the group to look towards the direction the voice was coming from, they'd see a woman with red-eyes and long black hair moving through the streets towards the Zorua. While it appeared to be an attempt at running, the girl didn't seem to be getting far very fast and was taking heavy breaths every step of the way. Her arms seemed to hang at her sides and one could very clearly see the bags under her eyes as she tried to move as fast as she could. The Zorua, now impish in expression seemed to start to move faster away from the woman, only for her to see the team of JIG near the dark-type. With a look of urgency on her face she looked to them wheezing out a, "stop....it....."

OCO5E4E.png

As the group continued to look for a Pokemon Center, Ivan noticed a Zorua running through the streets. Chasing close behind it was a women, who looked rather tired and definitely out of shape as she lagged behind the excitable canine Pokemon. Almost as if in response to the women, the Zorua started running faster away from the women. 

In response to the women's plea, Ivan thought quickly. He sprung off of his feet, diving at the small Dark-type and attempted to grab it in his arms. As he glided through the air, he tried his best to make sure he landed on his back, although the best he could do was crash on his side. "Gah..." He groaned, looking down in his arms to see if he managed to actually catch the Zorua.

BRPFbxE.png?1

As Ivan looked down into his arms, he would see the sight of the Zorua in his arms, eyes somewhat spinning around as if it had also been shaken up by Ivan's dive. All the same, it was in his arms and in response to this, Jacklyn gave a big thumbs up saying, "nice catch Ivan!" 

The woman, who had stopped running and seemed to be trying to catch her breath merely heaved out a, "yes.....good...job....." As she seemed to close her eyes for a few moments, the woman's breathing seemed to finally steady before she finally stood up straight again. Making her way, slowly, over to the young boy the woman then reached out her hand. With a stern look directed towards the Zorua, the young canine pokemon hopped out from Ivan's arms into hers, letting out a defeated sigh. Once in her arms, the woman merely hugged it close to her, resting his chin down onto its head like it was a pillow much to the dismay of the Zorua. Looking back to Ivan now she said, "thank you...This little scamp likes to run off on his own from time to time...much to my dismay." Though she seemed mostly recovered from her run, the woman's breathing still sounded heavy and her tone lacking any energy. "Well, now that you're back, I guess we can get back to-"

"Oh wait! They're your pokemon right?"  The woman seemed a bit startled as she was cut off, but looked towards the excitable Jacklyn, nodding her head. "Well, we're new here and need to find the pokemon center, and since you have one you must know where it is! So, would you be able to show us?" 

The woman looked towards the road, and then back to the city, and sighed. "I suppose so...Follow me." With that, the woman turned back and began making her way back into Islebury .Giving another enthusiastic thumbs up to her team members, Jacklyn and Genny began to follow after the woman. "So...you three are also trainers?" The woman called back, without actually looking at them. 

ZA2NV7M.png

Princess chased down the Beedril even as it Hardened and slammed her horn into the Pokemon. It had managed to take that blow but it seemed obvious that it wouldn't last much longer. The grunt, in frustration, called out for one last ditch effort Poison Sting. Which Princess took head on while charging in and ramming it once more before the bee Pokemon dropped down.

Naomi's eyes drifted away, looking off into the distance as she swayed back and forth. Not even noticing that the Beedrill had fallen. Nor did she notice the Poison on Princess.

And lastly she also did not notice when the Grunt sent his Zubat back out and ordered it to use Absorb on Princess.

---

Icarus slammed once more into Alicia's Ralts, sending the Psychic type toppling to the side. Alicia watched in horror as the bird Pokemon flew up and prepared to slam back into her partner.

"Teleport!" Alicia called out, throwing her arm out dramatically. The Ralts managed to focus just enough to Teleport several feet to the side as Icarus came crashing towards the ground.

Whether or not Icarus hit the ground, Alicia would follow it up. "You think my Ralts is mistreated when you make your Pokemon do something so dangerous? You should be ashamed." She let out a "Hmph" after that, before ordering Ralts to use another Confusion.

---

"I don't think I'm all that. I just wanted to be a breeder, but I don't need to join some team just to get by! Especially not with her!"

The Grunt glared daggers at Kanon at this line. "Whatchu got against Alicia? She's the best, and don't you forget it! Zubat finish this dumb mutt off with another Absorb!" As confident as the Grunt was it seemed that the Zubat, who was barely keeping afloat after the Tackle, wasn't able to finish Lunar off.

"Astonish it go go, finish this thing once and for all!" The Grunt followed up with vigor and reckless abandon.

Naomi: So Princess is now Poisoned and at about 2/3 health, versus a full health Zubat. And she's not paying attention. Which could be a problem.

Oswald: Unless Icarus can pull out of the dive he gonna take slight damage, and Ralts will be firing off an attack. Note that the Confusion won't be quite as strong as before, this is due to Teleport having taken some energy from it (my attempts to balance a bit). But it'll still leave Icarus at low health when including the Poison.

Kanon: Both Zubat and Lunar are basically one hit away from KO.

ZIVztwp.png

DoXqK9s.png

As Icarus dove down, Alicia commanded her Pokemon to teleport away.  With the attack currently being almost but avoided, Oswald shouted.

"Icarus, pull up now!"  Icarus realized that Ralts was no longer in his direct line of attack, and listened to his trainer, stopping his descent with a powerful flap of his small wings.  He lingered in the air for a while, pinpointing Ralts' new location.  

"You think my Ralts is mistreated when you make your Pokemon do something so dangerous? You should be ashamed.  Hmph!" 

"Icarus loves the thrill!  But I don't use him to steal from people!"  Oswald's eyes focused sharp at Alicia.  "That's the difference between you and me, criminal."  After another order, Ralts used Confusion suddenly, hitting Icarus with a blow that didn't seem to hurt him as much as before.  However, Icarus was really worn out, and was puffing really hard for air  Oswald grit his teeth, it didn't look like Icarus was going to be able to last much longer at this rate.  "Just a bit more...okay pal?"  Icarus flapped his wings with determination, and prepared to take off at Oswald's next command.  "Let's bring her down, Icarus!  Quick Attack, once more!  Put some tail feather into this one!"  Icarus chirped, before soaring at a breakneck speed towards Ralts.  This attack would be Icarus' last, this battle.  

OCO5E4E.png

Ivan gave Jacklyn a thumbs-up, making sure that the Zorua was still in his arms. As the lady got near him, the Zorua hopped out of his arms and into hers. "It's... not a problem." He said, feeling weird about being thanked for something like that. Usually people got really mad when he tackled Pokemon, although obviously this was a different case. It made him feel good, if only a little bit. He got off of the ground, brushing off the dust that had collected on his jacket.

The lady seemed ok with leading the group to the nearest Pokecenter. As Ivan followed the women, she asked them if they were trainers. "Yep, that's us." Ivan responded first, shrugging. "In fact, we're probably gonna be hitting the road as soon as we get to the Pokecenter." He said, turning to the ocean and shaking his head a bit. "The sooner the better..." He muttered.

hxJ6EEI.png

"Whatchu got against Alicia? She's the best, and don't you forget it! Zubat finish this dumb mutt off with another Absorb!" To Kanon's relief, her Rockruff was still standing after that attack. But he didn't look like he'd be able to take much more of this. "Astonish it go go, finish this thing once and for all!"

"He's not a dumb mutt! Lunar, take that annoying bat down with another Tackle!" The Rockruff and Zubat engaged in one final exchange of blows. The rocky good boy charged the Grunt's Zubat, leaping up as it rammed its body into the bat, taking it down just as it was about to unleash its own attack on the Rockruff. The Zubat fell to the ground, but Lunar kept sailing through the air... ultimately crashing into the same rock wall it had ran into near the start of the battle. The dog fell to the ground, pushed over the edge and into unconsciousness, not by a Zubat, but by the zeal with which the Zubat had been tackled.

Kanon ran over to her fallen Pokemon, scooping the Rockruff up in her arms and looking at the Grunt. "Looks like I win. Unless you're too stubborn to accept that, I've got a quick trip to the Pokemon Center to make."

ZA2NV7M.png

Naomi glanced over when she heard Princess cry out from a second Absorb attack. "Oh...that's not good." She muttered. "Hey Princess....jump."

"Jump? What kind of move is...OH ARCEUS!" the Grunt cried out as Princess bent her stubby legs and jumped up towards the Zubat. Who was forced to move swiftly out of the way to not be flattened underneath her large body. Unfortunately there was a rock wall nearby that the Zubat ran into. Princess followed through with a Fury Attack, thrusting her head several times. The Zubat tried to weave around but a couple still managed to hit the bat Pokemon.

---

Alicia clenched her fist as Icarus went in for his Quick Attack. Ralts was swift but she knew, after the Teleport, she'd not be able to dodge. "I'm sorry Ralts but brace yourself!" She called out as Icarus slammed into her.

Ralts dug into the the ground for a few feet but was thrown off and landed on her back again. "Return!" Alicia called out and the Pokemon was recalled into her ball. As she did so Icarus finally succumbed to the Poison which gave the girl time to send out her Salandit.

As Oswald sent out his second Pokemon Alicia smirked. "You've fallen behind now. Only one Pokemon left." Oswald would practically be able to feel an energy from the girl as she spoke. A commanding, royal, feeling. "You're mine. Sweet Scent!" The Salandit gave Archie a wicked smirk to match her trainer's and a light pink gas leaked from her body. The fish smell vanished as the smell of sweet flowers replaced it. Archie would feel his body relax, and his evasiveness fall. "And Poison Gas."

---

"Looks like I win. Unless you're too stubborn to accept that, I've got a quick trip to the Pokemon Center to make."

"Chu stupid or something? I've still got a Pokemon, rubber brain. But sure, run away, it'll make it just that much easier to beat your sad little group down." Upon saying this she sent out her final Pokemon, a Salandit. If Kanon decided to fight back her, or her Pokemon, would get an Ember shot towards them.

Salandit, level 10, Ember, ???, ???, ???

Team Phoenix Admin, Alicia: Salandit, level 9, Poison Gas, Venoshock, Ember, Sweet Scent

Naomi: So Princess is doing...fancy maneuvers? And has the Zubat to the wall but Poison is still racking up.

Oswald: Ralts is almost down but now it's Salandit's show. And Archie is facing a tough combination. Poison Gas is apparently 90 accuracy now so it'll be hard to avoid after the evasion drop.

Kanon: So...dunno if Yui didn't realize that the grunt would have a second but there you go. If Kanon doesn't leave and doesn't send a Pokemon out Ember will be after her but if she sends out Bubbles it'll be towards them instead.

BRPFbxE.png?1

Jacklyn nodded along as Ivan answered the woman's question, the girl seeming to muse to herself aloud. "Hitting the road huh..." She looked back towards the trio, seemingly staring at them for a second before turning back to face forward. "Makes sense..." The woman continued walking forward. 

Curious herself, Jacklyn asked, "so, are you also a trainer Lady?" 

The woman didn't seem to respond at first, but after a moment she merely said, "of sorts...yes..."

Jacklyn's eyes lit up more before saying, "so are you on an adventure too?!" 

The woman's tired face cracked a small smile on her face for a bit before simply answering, "no..." Her smile faded only for the woman to then ask, "so adventuring trainers...what brings you to this region?" 

The bunny hooded girl looked at the woman as if the answer was obvious saying, "well, to beat the pokemon league, duh." 

The woman stopped walking. "There's a pokemon league...in almost every region nowadays...So you could've applied there if that were the case..." Turning around, staring at the three the black haired woman asked again, "so what bring you here...You're almost at the starting line...so it'd be good to know what you're looking for...Well?" 

Archived