Pokemon: Mind and Soul [IC/PG-13/Not Accepting]

Team_JIB.png

While Rus was bowled over a bit by the tackle, it all paid off with his own attack having hit the Elekid head on. As the burning bunny stumbled back, he tensed up once more as he stared down at his opponent. Unfortunately, the opponent did not seem to want to continue fighting Rus, as his trainer had ordered the attack on Po. An annoyed expression cross his face, Rus seemed ready to strike once more, before Jacklyn called back out. "Alright Rus, go for another ember!" Like he had done half a dozen times before, Rus let out a grunt before letting loose a small burst of fire towards the Elekid. 

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Belladonna watched as the Starly was quick enough to avoid Moo's attack--or rather, its trainer was quick enough to shout out orders this time. This kid seemed to be getting better at coordinating his Pokémon. Which meant he just hadn't had enough practice at this. Which also meant the longer they allowed this battle to go on, the worse it could get. "Annoying," she muttered. This was really...annoying. She wouldn't be able to focus on the Pokédex at all. She had to concentrate on battling.

Kevin called out with confidence to Belladonna. "You're not gonna win if you can't even give orders right!" He grinned wide, bouncing on his feet, but the grin was wiped off his face when the Pancham attacked his Pichu.

"Such a pain," the girl grumbled, before turning her glare on her own Pokémon. "Can't even hit that?" before moving on to her new orders. "Use Vine Whip on the Starly." Maybe that would knock it off course.

Moo's ears had drooped slightly at his trainer's comment, but they perked up again at hearing her next orders. The cow released a pair of vines once more, which shot toward the bird. Hopefully, he would hit this time.

ZIVztwp.png

"Well that's...cause maybe...Just know I'm watching you! And I don't trust you!"

"Likewise, buster."  Oswald sighed, as he watched the youngster go back to his friends.  That's when he got an answer from Kanon. 

"Mhm. I'm not really sure where to start on that, so I'm doing this Korova thing while I work it all out."

Oswald nodded in agreement.

"A good chance to further your career.  I support that!"  He said with a smile.

"Dunno. All I want is to not hafta do anything. I don't like that there's so much t'do just'ta live life."

This girl...

"Just sitting around all day doing nothing sounds awful. You need to figure something out."

"I mean...your body's doing a lot of stuff just to keep you functioning...even when you are asleep.  You're technically doing a lot of stuff right now that you're not even thinking about...like breathing, and making sure you don't have any infections, and making a new layer of skin too!"  All the gross stuff he had learned in biology class.  "So what gives you the right to not want to do anything else to live...are you that entitled?"  Oswald said, yawning.  "What we're saying is...there has to be something else for you besides sleeping your life away.  And if you keep it up, we're going to end up too far ahead of you.  This is an adventure, not a vacation!"    

After some other small talk, Kanon decided to turn in for that night.  Agreeing with her, he made his way to the lodges before turning to Naomi one last time.  

"What we talked about...sleep on it.  Okay?"  With a light laugh, he fumbled around towards his bed.  The day had been so full of excitement that it was really surprising they managed to do it all in one day.  It didn't take him long before he was clocked out and snoring.

OCO5E4E.png

As Po was hammering away at the Pichu, arm raised and ready to deliver another blow, a Thundershock hit it before it could deliver it's final blow. With a bit of tumbling on the ground, Po laid on the ground. "Po!" Ivan shouted, extending his arm. He let out a sigh shortly after as he saw Po not react to his call. His Pokemon was either unconscious or too paralyzed to move.

Po had fainted.

Ivan recalled his Pokemon into his Pokeball, and reached into his belt to get his other Pokeball before remembering the conditions of the fight. Ivan grit his teeth; he was tempted to screw the rules and send out Bellsprout anyways, but that would go against the reason he was here to begin with. Frustrated, he let out a huff of air as he glared at his teammates Pokemon. "I'm counting on you two. Don't let me down." He simply said, frustration in his voice.

Team_JIB.png

Kevin's mouth dropped open as he saw Po go down. He began to jump up and down. "Haha, I got you, I got you, I goooot youuuuu" he pumped his fist in the air...and then turned to see his Elekid getting a face full of Ember.

The small Electric type stumbled back and then collapsed, knocked unconscious by Rus's attack. "Ack, no!" Kevin said, hastily returning the unconscious Pokemon to its ball. Then the noise of his Starly's cry made him whip around towards that direction. Moo had smacked the Pokemon across one wing and the Starly had fallen to the ground.

Looking between the two Pokemon, he pointed at Rus. "Ignore the Poamoo, Starly Quick Attack that one. Pichu, Thunder Shock!"

The Pichu looked over at the Starly, nervously, remembering earlier in the match, but the two Pokemon went about targeting Rus for their attacks.

[spoiler=OOC]Both Po and Elekid are down. And Rus is facing two attackers. Though perhaps there's a way to turn this around.

ZA2NV7M.png

"Just sitting around all day doing nothing sounds awful. You need to figure something out."

"So what gives you the right to not want to do anything else to live...are you that entitled?"

Naomi's eyes clouded over as they talked. Her gaze turned away from them, looking up at the ceiling, and she had a strong urge to just get up and walk away. She decided against this when she tried to get up but couldn't find the energy.

Naomi supposed that she was going to stick right there. Even if these two seemed to be trying to tell her to work.

"What we're saying is...there has to be something else for you besides sleeping your life away.  And if you keep it up, we're going to end up too far ahead of you.  This is an adventure, not a vacation!"  

"F'it happens, it happens." Naomi responded at last with a halfhearted shrug. "Nothin t'worry bout really." She added.

Kanon was the first to get up, then Oswald. As the two of them left she let out a sigh and laid down on the couch. It wasn't until Nurse Joy, finding her there a couple hours later, that she was brought into an actual bedroom and set down on a bed.

-----

The next morning the group would find themselves with a problem. Naomi was still asleep and she seemed intent to stay that way. Whatever they did she'd just roll over with a "fighmore minutes". It became apparent that they, even if they wanted a head start to the ferry, would have to wait a few hours before Naomi would be waking up.

That said they had the whole city to explore in the meantime and they'd have several hours to do whatever they wanted in this city before they headed out.

[spoiler=OOC]So yeah, basically you two have a few hours left in the city before it's ferry time. Use the time as you want. Theoretically you could run into the battle Team JIB is having but it might be for the best to not. As me for things if you have to.

Team_JIB.png

Rus let out a triumphant puff of smoke as his opponent went down, with Jacklyn pumping her fist in the air. "Way to go buddy! Now let's- oh, well, it's a two versus two." Rus looked to see that Po had fainted, and that it was just him and the Poamoo left. Keeping himself in the zone for fighting, Rus seemed to focus on the two opponents that now seemed to be zeroing in on him. While he seemed perfectly ready to just ember again, Jacklyn figured that taking two hits dead on would not be good for the bunny. However, she didn't think Rus could dodge two moves from different directions coming in at once. It was at that point the girl thought back to what had happened earlier and said, "Rus! Line them up and dodge!" With that, Rus nodded at his trainer, moving so that both the Starly and the Thundershock would be coming from the same direction, and hopefully hit one another, rather than from separate angles. 

The fight seemed to be going against the trio. The Elekid was down, but so was their Pancham. And now the remaining two were going to be attacking the Lepash. Belladonna sighed, "What a pain." Well, it wasn't as if it would be a big deal if they lost. It's just a Pokémon battle, anyway. Or I want to think that, but I also can't stand the thought of losing. Her eyes narrowed as a thought occurred to her. "Moo, run over here," she pointed at a specific spot to the side, waiting for the grass type to respond before continuing. "Now, Vine Whip that Starly again." It's like a physics game. From this angle, if I'm correct...

The Poamoo released his vines once more, sending them straight toward the flying type.

It'll knock that Starly directly into the path of that Pichu's Thunder Shock.

hxJ6EEI.png

Poké: 1740

"I mean...your body's doing a lot of stuff just to keep you functioning...even when you are asleep. You're technically doing a lot of stuff right now that you're not even thinking about...like breathing, and making sure you don't have any infections, and making a new layer of skin too!"

Ew. Could you maybe make it sound less disgusting than that?

"So what gives you the right to not want to do anything else to live...are you that entitled? What we're saying is...there has to be something else for you besides sleeping your life away. And if you keep it up, we're going to end up too far ahead of you. This is an adventure, not a vacation!"

"Exactly! You're already here, so you might as well do something with your time in Korova besides sleep it all off!"

"F'it happens, it happens. Nothin t'worry bout really."

Why was Nomi such a stubborn person about this? She was effectively wasting this opportunity to do whatever it was she could possibly want to do with her life, as long as it involved pokemon. If it were Kanon acting this way, and her mother got word, she'd get quite the yelling at over the phone. However, Kanon wasn't Nomi's mother (thankfully), so that wasn't her place in this situation. Best to just get some shuteye.

iU8EggM.png

"Fighmore minutes."

"YOU SAID THAT THIRTY MINUTES AGO!!" Kanon let out a sigh of frustration and defeat. "Fine. Have it your way." Turning to Oswald, she pointed at the sleeping lump of slack and said "If the ferry gets here and she's still asleep, we'll have to go through her stuff to find that Rhyhorn she always rides around on. I'm not carrying her all the way there." What that Rhyhorn saw in Nomi still eluded her. Kanon grabbed her things and started out the door. There was still time to kill, and she was feeling adventrous.

We never got the chance to see much in that marsh back that way. It's worth checking out; I've never actually seen one myself.

OCO5E4E.png

The kid seemed to be excited about taking down Po, although his excitement was cut short. Ivan smirked. "Keep your eyes on the battle there, kid!" He said, before turning to his allies' Pokemon. It was now a 2v2, and Ivan could only stand there and watch. It was honestly kinda frustrating, and he felt the urge to send out Bellsprout. 

He had to resist that urge, however. He had to remember the reason he was here to begin with. Letting out a heavy sigh, he glanced over to the battlefield. They seemed to be planning something out, as he saw Rus start running in a particular direction. They seemed to want to hit the Starly with its own move. Ivan kept a stern face, although he was impressed with what they were planning. Hopefully it would pan out.

ZIVztwp.png

"Fighmore minutes."

Oswald could hear Naomi mumble, as he leaned against the frame of her room.  He shook his head, rather displeased with her.  

"She slept...but she didn't sleep on it...that's for sure."  

"If the ferry gets here and she's still asleep, we'll have to go through her stuff to find that Rhyhorn she always rides around on. I'm not carrying her all the way there."

"Or we could leave her, and see if she'd have the aptitude to come and find us...like some sort of little trainer trial."  But maybe that was a bit too harsh.  "Nevermind...she's hopeless.  I'd feel bad about rummaging through her stuff, but if it comes to it, I'll allow it."  With that settled, Kanon started to head for the exit.  Oswald followed suit, and whipped out his reclaimed Super Rod.  He looked at it with excitement, before turning to Kanon.  "So, what do you plan on doing?  I'm planning on taking this thing for a test drive!"  

Team_JIB.png

The Starly seemed about ready to pull up when Rus moved at an angle that would cause it to collide with its ally's electric attack. But then Moo's vines struck it in the side and pushed it right back on path of the Thunder Shock. The Starly let out a cry of alarm as the attack hit it. The damage seemed to be enough that it dropped down in front of Rus, unconscious.

Kevin pointed at the two trainers with an angry look on his face. "That was a dirty trick! You can't use my own moves against me!" He stomped the ground and his Pichu looked over, worried. "Whatever, we can still win, Pichu keep up the Thunder Shocks!"

The little Pichu nodded her head and turned back to Rus, letting loose an electrical shock at the Fire Type.

[spoiler=OOC for both teams]JIB: Okay, so, since it's now 2 v 1 I think it'd be good to try and get more actions going on and such so that we don't all just struggle to short post.

NOK: If you guys need anything feel free to ask otherwise I won't be posting for you for a bit. Also, Yui, try and post soon so we can get things going. (btw, it would take a few hours to get to the marshy area and back)

Team_JIB.png

With the Starly being knocked out by its own ally's thundershock, Jacklyn pumped her fist in the air. "Wooohooo! Way to go Rus! You too candy girl!" She gave a thumbs up to her new found traveling partner, excited to see that they had pulled off an excellent display of teamwork. As the youngster complained, Jacklyn merely looked to the boy with a triumphant and smug grin across her face saying, "please, don't be jealous just because we have more coordination then you and your pokemon. This is the strength of a true adventure team! Right candy girl?" 

Rus, meanwhile, had seemed slightly frustrated. On the one hand, the plan had mostly worked out and they got the Starly down. On the other hand, he was reluctant to have accepted help from his brother, and merely shot the Poamoo a look that conveyed that he had the situation under the control. All the same, there was only one pokemon left and letting out a puff of smoke, Rus seemed ready to thrown down with the Pichu. Confidence bolstered, Jacklyn shouted, "alright Rus, let's take 'em down! There's no way a single Pichu can beat our teamwork!" As the thundershock was sent towards the fire type Jacklyn called out, "alright Rus, dodge and use ember!" Standing firm on his paws, Rus attempted to jump to the side, still taking some of the thundershock damage before letting loose a small burst of flame towards the Pichu. 

hxJ6EEI.png

Poké: 1740

Oswald had suggested just leaving Nomi behind and seeing if she could at least get to the boat herself. As much as Kanon liked that idea, Oswald took it back before long. Unfortunate. As she reached for the door and stepped out of the room - Oswald not far behind her - he brought up a question.

"So, what do you plan on doing? I'm planning on taking this thing for a test drive!" 

"Remember that marsh we passed through to get here? I was thinking about exploring out there some. I want to see what kinds of pokemon live there." And she'd take care not to slip and fall this time. Kanon doubted she'd have time for another trip to the laundromat after her journey out to the marsh, since it wasn't exactly close. With that, Kanon continued out of the Pokemon Center. Before she went into the marsh, Kanon checked her pockets. She had the poke balls for Lunar and Bubbles, but... otherwise, she only had one spare ball. It was probably a good idea to restock, in case she met someone she wanted to catch.

A trip to the store was in order.

Belladonna nodded at seeing the fruit of their efforts. "As expected." The Starly was down and they just had to worry about the Pichu. A small, smug smile formed on her face, that was quickly wiped away when she heard Jacklyn's words.

"Wooohooo! Way to go Rus! You too candy girl!"

"Candy girl?!"

The Youngster pointed at the two trainers with an angry look on his face. "That was a dirty trick! You can't use my own moves against me!" He stomped the ground and his Pichu looked over, worried. "Whatever, we can still win, Pichu keep up the Thunder Shocks!"

"Please, don't be jealous just because we have more coordination then you and your pokemon. This is the strength of a true adventure team! Right candy girl?"

"Don't call me candy girl," Belladonna bit out. "My name's Belladonna, or Belle, and I like all kinds of food, not just candy," she jabbed at her chest proudly before shaking her head at the boy. "But yes, your teamwork sucks." Rather than trying to do a triple battle right off the bat, you should just improve at regular battles first. But she was too lazy to say as much, and it was none of her business what he decided to do after this. Unless he decided to follow them around or something.

Moo blinked at the look Rus sent him. He wasn't sure why his brother from the lab was so angry, but then again, he had always been a bit prickly.

Watching Jacklyn order her Lepash to use Ember, Belladonna could almost taste the Gummy Bewears. Licking her lips, the girl spoke, her voice a little more animated than normal. "Moo, use Vine Whip. Just don't get burned."

"Moooo," the cow lowed, sending out his vines to slap at the enemy, while also trying to avoid the flames of Ember.

Team_JIB.png

"You just met her, how are you a team! Plus that guy is just being grumpy over there, that's not a team!" Kevin said, with a frustrated expression and a stomp of his foot.

"Pichu, shock that vine, get it out of the way!" The Pichu didn't seem to really understand what that would do but let loose a jolt of electricity at the incoming vine.

The electricty hit it but, due to the Grass nature of the attack, did nothing to slow it down. As the vines approached some of the Embers collided with the tips of the vine and enveloped it on fire. The now Fire Whip slammed into the Pichu, followed by the rest of the Ember, and the small Pokemon tumbled over, nearly unconscious.

The youngster looked at hi Pichu, looked at the two remaining Pokemon, and looked dejected.

Kevin let loose a sigh and fell onto his backside, returning his Pichu. "Guess I'm not good enough to leave after all...Go ahead, laugh, do it!" Kevin said towards the trio before tossing them their victory Pokedollars.

[spoiler=OOC]Po, Moo, and Rus have gained a level and everyone has gained 200 Pokedollars from the battle. And the fight is over. Free roaming time.

Team_JIB.png

With the, entirely planned, combination attack having been successful Jacklyn pumped her fist in the air as she called out a, "wooo! Way to go Rus! You too Can- Belle!" The girl made her way over to her new found teammate, going to give her a high five. Due to Jacklyn being as pumped up as she was, she didn't wait very long for Belle to reciprocate and even if she didn't Jacklyn would've high-fived the air in front of her. Looking to her opponent she said, "adventure is no matter to laugh at! You just gotta work harder at it and you'll be a great adventurer like me in no time!" Turning around she said, "ain't that right Belle?"

Looking to the girl, who was likely now impatiently  waiting for something, Jacklyn then realized how the battle begun. Shuffling through her bag, the girl pulled out the bag of gummy Bewears saying, "and here you go. Now then gang, we've got some more exploring to do! So, what do you guys wanna do now? We probably got a boat to catch, but can wait a bit if any of you have something else you want to check out." 

Meanwhile, Rus had seemed proud of his victory himself, and looked over to Moo. The fire bunny seemed to have a neutral expression across his face, before finally sighing out a small puff of smoke, and giving the cow a small nod as if to tell it "good job," as well.

OCO5E4E.png

It didn't take very long for the battle to end, turning from a 2v2 to a 2v1 very quickly. And, just as quickly as it became a 2v1, it soon became a 2v0 as Pichu fainted. Ivan gave the group a golf clap, before turning to the kid, who seemed dejected. Ivan shook his head. "Don't be an idiot, idiot! Just get better... and stop doing made-up battles!" He picked up his money. "Triple Battles... sheesh!"

He turned to the rest of the group, turning to Belle. "Good work out there." He said, before turning to Jacklyn. "We should rest up our Pokemon before heading out again. I'd prefer to have my bud by my side." He said, before starting to turn towards the Pokemon Center. He pulled out Po's Pokemon. "I let you down again, huh bud?" He said quietly, a chuckle escaping him. "I'll get better at this; you better keep up." He put the ball back on his belt.

hxJ6EEI.png

Poké: 740

Well, she was here. The marsh. She'd stopped to buy a handful of poke balls on the way out of town, and apparently, due to a special promotion going on at the store, she even got a free premier ball when she bought ten poke balls! That promotion sounded eerily familiar... just how long had they been running that thing? Of course, now she was out on more than half her money, but at least she was stocked up on poke balls for a while. As she waded around through some of the deeper parts of the marsh, keeping her eyes peeled for anything interesting, she heard a snap behind her. Kanon turned, fishing into her pocket for either of her pokemon and an empty ball.

Only to be met with a small, brown creature.

Well. That was...quite an ending. Admittedly, the Fire Whip had been unexpected, but it had all worked out in the end. Still, it wouldn't do to rely on flukes like that. While luck was important in a video game, skill was even more so. Except getting good at battling, unlike video games, took actual effort, of running around and talking to people...ugh.

The boy, she forgot what he called himself, let loose a sigh and fell onto his backside, returning his Pichu. "Guess I'm not good enough to leave after all...Go ahead, laugh, do it!" he said towards the trio before tossing them their victory Pokedollars.

Belladonna fumbled the catch, watching them fall to the ground awkwardly before bending down and picking them up. A sports star she was not. Now, esports on the other hand...

"Wooo! Way to go Rus! You too Can- Belle!" Oh good, so she could learn. Jacklyn held her hand up in a strange manner, almost as if she were waiting for something. Belladonna raised her hand in an awkward wave, but before she could retract it, she received a powerful slap across the palm. Staring at her hand in confusion and annoyance at the stinging sensation, the girl lifted her head to glare at the other. Except she wasn't even looking her way anymore. She was looking at the Youngster, "adventure is no matter to laugh at! You just gotta work harder at it and you'll be a great adventurer like me in no time!" Turning around she said, "ain't that right Belle?"

"Uhh, yeah...sure. Whatever."

Ivan put in his own two cents. "Don't be an idiot, idiot! Just get better... and stop doing made-up battles!" He picked up his money. "Triple Battles... sheesh!"

His mention of the triple battle reminded her of how this battle began. Staring at Jacklyn, Belladonna began to wish she could use telepathy. Or at least transmit an image into her head. Perhaps it worked, as the girl pulled out the bag of Gummy Bewears and gave it to her--though it was more likely she had just remembered, "and here you go. Now then gang, we've got some more exploring to do! So, what do you guys wanna do now? We probably got a boat to catch, but can wait a bit if any of you have something else you want to check out."

Ivan looked at Belle. "Good work out there." The girl nodded in reply as he turned to Jacklyn. "We should rest up our Pokemon before heading out again. I'd prefer to have my bud by my side." He said, before starting to turn towards the Pokemon Center.

Oh. That was right. She was going to be traveling with these two clowns. Oh well. At least she had food now. Opening up the bag almost absentmindedly as she followed behind, the girl dug out a handful of Gummy Bewears and stuffed them into her mouth in what her parents would have called a quite uncivilized fashion. But she didn't care. There were only her and the Gummy Bewears now. Pausing for a moment to swallow, Belladonna decided to finally answer Jacklyn's earlier question, "After healing, need stuff for journey. 'Less you guys have extras." She didn't really want to shop if she didn't have to, but if she had to, then so be it. Better than spending a night out in a place like that marsh without a sleeping bag.

ZIVztwp.png

"Remember that marsh we passed through to get here? I was thinking about exploring out there some. I want to see what kinds of pokemon live there."

Oswald nodded.  Of course the researcher hopeful wanted to research.  

"Right, have a safe trip then!  Watch out for creep scientists!"  Oswald then headed towards the pier, where he had set his sights on since he had walked out of the Pokemon Center.  "No better time to pass the time."  He walked there, casually greeting people as he went.  Once he got to the pier, he sat down, hanging his legs off the side.  He let Archie and Icarus out of their Pokeballs to enjoy the experience with him.  The Starly gazed beneath the water's surface to see many fish bob in the water.  He was very excited at the prospect of snatching one up for himself.  "You look like you could be a pro fisher with those eyes, Icarus!"  Oswald laughed, as he cast his lure out into the open waters.  There he sat, while the other two watched patiently.  "Now...would you guys like to hear about the history of fishing?"  

Team_JIB.png

Jacklyn nodded as Ivan brought up needing to rest, seeing that Rus was both hurt and definitely deserving of a good rest for a job well done. Looking to her newcomer she then looked the girl up and down, before thinking back to herself. "We can share a tent but other than that, I only got enough supplies for the th-," she paused for a moment. "The two of us. Though, I'm sure they've got all kinds of neat supplies here." Nodding to herself, the girl then said, "but first, let's rest. Onward!" Pointing in a direction, the girl began to follow that as she moved in the direction of the sea. Pausing a moment and pivoting on her foot, the girl pointed in the actual direction of the pokemon center saying, "onward!"

After the group got their pokemon rested and restored, walking out of the center she said, "right, supplies. Well, it'd probably do us good to get you a sleeping bag and a backpack first and foremost. After that, we can get some snacks for the road and - oh! Maybe they sell fishing rods here too! I've always wanted to fish before." Walking with the group to find some place to buy these supplies, the girl then looked to her two travelers in arms saying, "oh, have either of you ever fished?"

Jacklyn looked Belladonna up and down, before thinking back to herself. "We can share a tent but other than that, I only got enough supplies for the th-," she paused for a moment. "The two of us. Though, I'm sure they've got all kinds of neat supplies here." Nodding to herself, the girl then said, "but first, let's rest. Onward!" Pointing in a direction, the girl began to follow that as she moved in the direction of the sea. Pausing a moment and pivoting on her foot, the girl pointed in the actual direction of the pokemon center saying, "onward!"

Well. That was awkward. It was painfully apparent that the girl had been about to say "three." It was obvious that she still hadn't gotten over the departure of what had once been their third member, and if Belladonna were any less desperate for other people to help with the journey, she would not have touched this group with a ten-meter-pole. But she was desperate, and would probably have to endure the awkward feeling of being a filler, picked only to complete the group. That was usually what she had ended up being in any play groups as a child, or just not being picked for groups at all. Gritting her teeth, the girl followed the other. This was why she liked being a NEET.

After the group got their pokemon rested and restored, Jacklyn said, "right, supplies. Well, it'd probably do us good to get you a sleeping bag and a backpack first and foremost. After that, we can get some snacks for the road and - oh! Maybe they sell fishing rods here too! I've always wanted to fish before." Walking with the group to find some place to buy these supplies, the girl then looked to the other two, "oh, have either of you ever fished?"

Belladonna was tempted to say that yes, she had fished before, and had won nationals, but she doubted they were interested in her exploits in fishing games or even mini games. "I know the theory," she said instead. "But I have never actually fished in real life before," she stressed the real life part, because she had fished, just not physically. "A rod could be useful if we need to catch water Pokémon, though..." From what she remembered from games, fishing rods, especially really good rods, could be expensive. "We might not have enough to afford a rod." The bluenette dug out another handful of Gummy Bewears and munched on it. Sugar was useful for staying awake.

hxJ6EEI.png

Poké: 740

BGM

A wild Pokemon. It... looked totally harmless, and kind of useless. But so did Wingulls, and Kanon had spent enough time at sea on her way here to know that those could be some nasty creatures. Even if this beaver-looking pokemon looked kinda goofy, she had to be on guard. And so, better safe than sorry, she tossed out the occupied Poke Ball in her hand, watching as it opened to reveal her trusty Lunar. The Rockruff barked vigorously, before locking eyes at the thing she'd sent him out in response to.

"Hit it with Ta--" Kanon was cut off by the meaty thud of her Pokemon throwing its entire weight at the enemy Bidoof. ...as long as we're on the same page, I guess. Then the Bidoof did the same thing, tackling into Lunar, though it didn't look like it was doing that much to the rock-type. "One more!" The exchange of tackles repeated itself. The Bidoof was looking a bit woozy. I'm supposed to weaken a Pokemon before catching it, right? That Bidoof looked weakened enough. Kanon reared back, empty poke ball in hand, then slung her arm forward, throwing it more like a baseball pitcher than however a trainer would otherwise toss a ball.

Only to slip when she didn't realize the ground where her foot would have landed was quite a bit lower than she'd expected, sending her poke ball veering way off from her intended target. Kanon was able to catch herself with her hands - she wasn't falling onto the marshy ground twice in two days that easily - and watched as her poke ball soared up, up...

Then back down, striking the head of an unsuspecting squid like a rock thrown from the heavens. She wasn't sure, but Kanon was pretty sure the squid was down for now, getting hit in the head like that out of nowhere. The ball shook once, then twice...

Click!

"Er..." Kanon turned back to the fight at present. The Bidoof was on the ground, and Lunar was in worse-looking shape than when she'd turned to watch her poke ball. So, I guess... I have a squid now? It looks pretty cute at least. Maybe it won't be that bad.

OCO5E4E.png

"After healing, need stuff for journey. 'Less you guys have extras." Ivan turned to the girl as she shoved Gummy Bewears into her mouth. Now that she mentioned it, she didn't seem to have much gear on her at all, if any. They'd probably have to make a stop at a shop, as he took a look at the supplies on him.

Jacklyn turned to the new recruit. "We can share a tent but other than that, I only got enough supplies for the th-," she paused for a moment. "The two of us. Though, I'm sure they've got all kinds of neat supplies here." Ivan didn't say anything, quietly following the group into the Pokemon Center. Jacklyn confirmed his feeling. They'd have to stop for supplies, which was a tad annoying. After all, they had just gotten supplies not too long ago.

x393wz.jpg

It didn't take long for the group to heal up their Pokemon, Po now happily following behind Ivan. As they walked out of the Center, Jacklyn started talking about getting supplies, before coming to the subject of fishing rods. Ivan grimaced a bit. He had done his fair share of fishing back at Alola, although he was by no means a professional. In fact, he was pretty bad at it. Not that he cared, though. He always hated fishing.

"There's no way we can afford a rod." Ivan said dryly, almost bitterly, as he stepped in front of the two girls. "Let's get the supplies and go - the sooner we hit the road the better." He wanted to leave this city as quickly as possible.

ZIVztwp.png

Oswald had been done with his tale for quite a while now, as Icarus and Archie both slept on opposite sides of his lap.  The cool breeze that the waters brought to his face, and the rhythmic snoring of his Pokemon was a calm he hadn't felt in quite some time.  This must be how Naomi felt all the time, for some reason.  No one on earth could be as lazy as that girl...was it wrong for him to try and remedy her quirky tendencies?  He was responsible for her now, and any load that he could lighten off of his, and Princess' shoulders, literally, would come as a welcome change.  But maybe Naomi wasn't ready for it...she was so young.  

Oswald was so entranced in his thoughts that he didn't realize that his lure was on a crash course with the bridge of his nose, followed by a stream of water.  It crashed into his face, reeling him backwards as his back smacked against the wooden floor of the dock.  

"Who?!  Wha-!?  Where?!"  Oswald looked down where his lure was to see a familiar face.  The Remoraid that he had caught, and released, for the competition stared at him with an angry ire.  It squeaked a bit before shooting another stream of water at his face.  It splashed against his nose again, as he was still recoiling from the shock of the first attack.  Oswald groaned, waking up the two sleepy heads in his lap.  "Guess you got mad that I didn't actually catch you, huh?"  Oswald's grin grew wide, as Archie jumped out in front of him.  "Let me apologize for my rudeness.  I'll make it official this time!"  

Archived