Pokemon: Mind and Soul [IC/PG-13/Not Accepting]

OCO5E4E.png

"Give me those treats and we have a deal," Ivan let out a sigh. He wasn't entirely sure what convinced her, but it didn't matter. And now it was time to deal with this 'Triple Battle' nonsense.

"Po, I choose you!" Ivan shouted, sending the small panda Pokemon out alongside the two starters. Po took a quick glance at the Pokemon around it, confused at the number of Pokemon that were currently out.

Ivan, meanwhile, was trying to figure out what his plan was going to be. "Po use Arm Thrust on..." He said, deciding which Pokemon he wanted to hit. He saw that the others were teaming up on Elekid, and decided that he'd join in. "...on the Elekid!" He shouted, pointing his finger at the Pokemon. 

Po was still confused, but he nodded and, after his teammates launched their attacks at the Electric Pokemon, leaped towards him. The panda tried its best to act like it didn't care about the growling and leering, although it was clear that it was getting to him. Still, he swung his arms and tossed them towards the Elekid in a flurry of strikes.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team_JIB.png

"Teaming up on one Pokemon? What a lame strategy!" Youngster Kevin said as he saw his Elekid get batted down by the Vine Whip attack. "Starly, Quick Attack it back!" At the command the small bird Pokemon darted to the side and slammed into Belladonna's Poamoo. At the same time he knew he'd have to do something about the Pancham, so he then ordered his Pichu to use Charm, and lowered Po's attack as it came in at Elekid.

"Don't be afraid, Elekid, he's totally weak now, use Quick Attack!" The spark plug Pokemon, recovering from the Vine Whip, nodded and slammed right into Po, despite the Pancham's relentless attack.

"That's what you get for thinking you can pile on my Elekid!" Youngster Kevin said, grinning from ear to ear, clearly excited about the battle.

[spoiler=OOC]Youngster Kevin.
Starly, Level 7, Keen Eye, Growl, ???, Quick Attack
Pichu, Level 7, Static, Charm, Thunder Shock, ???
Elekid, Level 7, Static, Leer, Quick Attack, ???

Also, Rep, if you want to randomize how many hits Po gets feel free...but don't forget about Static.

ZA2NV7M.png

"Why you gotta make yourself better? Why not just be you?" Naomi said, seemingly in a rare, not asleep, state. She tilted her head as she looked at Oswald. "Were you bad before?" She asked him.

"If everyone's Pokemon are healed up, we might as well head over to the next town. Much as I like it here, I'd rather not stick around too long and spend the night in a place that reeks of fish."

"Oh, dear." The Nurse said, overhearing Kanon's statement. "I'm not so sure that's a good idea. The ferry only sails in the afternoon, and it's well into evening already. And don't you go thinking you're going to swim to the next city. All you'd do is catch a cold. You can stay in one of the rooms here, for free, if you'd like." She then added, smiling at Kanon in a motherly, yet teasing, manner, "I could get you an air freshener for your room."

Team_JIB.png

Rus growled as his attack was side stepped by the Elekid, and seemed even more annoyed that the attack from the Poamoo had landed instead. Jacklyn too was annoyed, though entirely because of the former reason. The youngster's pokemon soon made their own counterattack, and Jacklyn saw the two of her allies take the attacks from the opponent's. Looking towards one of them, Jacklyn said, "alright Rus, time for round two! Go with ember once again!" The Lepash nodded, clearly ready and willing to try and bring down the same foe again, letting a small collection of flame gather in his mouth, before letting it loose towards the Elekid once again. 

ZIVztwp.png

"Were you bad before?"

The question made Oswald scratch his cheek.  

"Well..."  He started, a bit embarrassed, "I had a pretty mean wild streak when I was a kid.  My dad went missing a while back...and before I could pull my act together for my mom....I became a real handful."  He sighed, as he placed a hand on the back of his neck.  "I have a lot to make up for...and beating this Team Phoenix today was a good stepping stone towards that."  

"If everyone's Pokemon are healed up, we might as well head over to the next town. Much as I like it here, I'd rather not stick around too long and spend the night in a place that reeks of fish."

"Oh, dear." The Nurse said, overhearing Kanon's statement. "I'm not so sure that's a good idea. The ferry only sails in the afternoon, and it's well into evening already. And don't you go thinking you're going to swim to the next city. All you'd do is catch a cold. You can stay in one of the rooms here, for free, if you'd like.  I could get you an air freshener for your room."

"So we're gonna have to take another ferry out of here, huh?"  He shrugged.  "I guess there's no helping it.  We'll stay here for the night."  He sat back in the chair and took a deep breath.  He turned to Naomi, who was now wide awake for some reason.  "What about you Naomi...are you trying to do anything...were you bad before?"  

All Belladonna's premature confidence was wiped away as she saw the Starly use a Quick Attack on her Poamoo. I guess this isn't over yet. She sighed. What a pain... The girl yawned, feeling her earlier enthusiasm crumple. This wasn't fun at all, she really didn't understand why people enjoyed battling. "Whatever. Moo, use uhh...that charging attack. Tackle. On..." oh never mind. Rus was already attacking the Elekid again. Which meant that...if she had Moo attack it again, the cow would probably get burned. At least, theoretically. Maybe he'd hit after the Ember hit? Either way, she wasn't going to risk that again. Last time had been a happy accident, this time it was probably better to hit the bird. Mmm...bird...fried chicken. She really was hungry.

The girl shook her head. "On the Starly."

Her Poamoo nodded, looking not much worse than before tanking the attack, and ran forward. Its momentum was a little slow, but it wasn't a particularly fast Pokémon.

hxJ6EEI.png

Poké: 1740

"Oh, dear. I'm not so sure that's a good idea. The ferry only sails in the afternoon, and it's well into evening already. And don't you go thinking you're going to swim to the next city. All you'd do is catch a cold. You can stay in one of the rooms here, for free, if you'd like. I could get you an air freshener for your room."

In here specifically? Not sure how I feel about that... Then again, it was free. She would have preferred a tent on the outskirts of town, but going to the hassle of finding a spot for then setting up a three-person tent when she could just stay here instead... as much as Kanon hated to admit it, it was probably better to just stay here instead.

"I guess there's no helping it. We'll stay here for the night."

"If there's no helping it, there's no helping it," Kanon shrugged in agreement. So they were staying here for the night. No big deal, right? "Looks like we're in a more you-friendly place to sleep tonight."

OCO5E4E.png

Po's arm swinging managed to get three good hits on the Elekid, before feeling a jolt of electricity flow through its body. As it jumped back, it felt more... sluggish, and difficult to move. Po had been paralyzed. Ivan grimaced as he saw this. "You alright there bud?" Ivan asked, which Po responded by trying to shake its head. It was pretty clear that Po was, in fact, not ok. To make things worse, the Elekid slammed itself into the little panda Pokemon, sliding back from the impact. 

Things weren't looking good, although things weren't looking good for the Elekid either as another burst of flames shot at the spark plug. Arm Thrust might be a bit difficult for Po to do with his body being so stiff, but throwing his body at the target... that, he could probably do. "Alright... Po, tackle it!" Ivan shouted at Po, who nodded his head. The Pancham, despite his body feeling stiff, managed to toss himself at the Elekid as hard as it could manage.

ZA2NV7M.png

"What about you Naomi...are you trying to do anything...were you bad before?" 

Naomi thought about it, and thought about it, leaning back a bit more every moment she thought on the question. Until the girl was nearly bent all the way backwards, looking at the wall behind them, still in thought. Then she gave a shrug. "Dun think I was anything. Good, bad, nothin'. Jus me laying round home s'all. Dunno f'I know what being bad would be." She said before flopping to the side, laying down and looking up at the other two with slightly dull, but still awake, eyes.

Several other trainers had stopped in during the time they were discussing things. A couple of them seemed to notice the group and began whispering, though in the small space it didn't do a good job at concealing their words.

"Hey isn't that the people who fought that gang?"

"They are! Wonder how they did it, they don't look like much, aren't gangs supposed to be scary tough?"
"Maybe they were in cahoots with em or something."

Team_JIB.png

"Ack, Starly, no!" The Youngster, having been focused more on his Elekid, forgot to order Starly to dodge out of the way of the Grass type's slow Tackle. "Grrr, you hit one but you won't hit the other!" He pointed at his Starly. "Sorry for letting you get hit but you gotta go grab Elekid on the double!"

The Starly picked itself up from the attack and dove towards the Elekid. It grabbed onto the Pokemon's plug-like appendages and lifted them up and over Rus's attack.

"Haha, can't get me up here! Elekid, aerial Thunder Shock!"

The Electric type charged up energy and let loose a small bolt of electricity at Rus. While the attack would be difficult to dodge it wasn't without its consequences. Starly, having been holding the Elekid, also took the electrical attack and dropped the Pokemon right in front of Po's Tackle.

The Flying type landed on the ground, still conscious, but startled, and, literally, shocked at the turn of events.

Meanwhile the trainer was calling himself an idiot and seemed to be losing his cool. His Pichu, having not got any orders, seemed to be even more distressed and confused as they launched a Thunder Shock...at Poamoo, the Grass type.

Starly, Level 7, Keen Eye, Growl, ???, Quick Attack
Elekid, Level 7, Static, Leer, Quick Attack, Thunder Shock

So basically...Rus's attack was dodged again, Rus and Moo are getting targeted by Thunder Shocks, Po's Tackle landed, and Starly was hit by some friendly fire.

"Ack, Starly, no!" The Youngster seemed to have forgotten his bird existed or something. "Grrr, you hit one but you won't hit the other!" He pointed at his Starly. "Sorry for letting you get hit but you gotta go grab Elekid on the double!"

Belle's eyes, which were half-lidded, opened up slightly. "What," she stated flatly, watching the bird...pick up the electric type. And then the Pokémon released a Thunder Shock on Rus, inadvertently shocking his carrier as well. Will have to keep that in mind, she thought. Electric attacks can jump to an ally as well if it's touching the user. And looks like the bird's weak to it too, if its reaction is anything to go by. It reminded her of how in that one volleyball cartoon, a character's Murkrow kept getting shocked by another character's Shinx, ultimately contributing to Karasuno's loss against Nekoma.

The bird fell to the ground, which was good, but then Moo got shocked by the Pichu, which was bad. The Poamoo seemed to shake off the attack better than the girl expected though, so she decided to ignore it for now. "Moo, run at the Starly again. I mean, Tackle. I think that's what it's called." She took out her Pokédex to check, aiming it at the cow. Grazing...gentle...absorb...moisture...grass... she flipped through the various screens before finally arriving at the list of attacks. "Ah..." she paused. "It's Tackle. Good." Her eyes narrowed in thought. "You know, I never really looked through this before," she muttered, starting to play with the Pokédex and figure out its ins and outs, completely forgetting she was in the middle of a battle.

Moo hadn't forgotten, however. He began to charge the Starly once more, slowly but surely.

Team_JIB.png

Rus was only growing more frustrated as the Starly had swooped down to save the Elekid from his attack. Jacklyn too was feeling the frustration from it, but only more so as Rus was struck by yet another thundershock from above. The Lepash winced in pain as the lightning struck it, and neither he nor his trainer paid much mind to the injured Starly instead saying, "alright, third times the charm! Rus, keep it up!" The Lepash grunted as it nodded in agreement, looking fiercely towards the Elekid. Rushing towards it once more, the flames lit up in  the rabbit's mouth as it let loose yet another Ember at the Elekid. 

hxJ6EEI.png

"Hey isn't that the people who fought that gang?"

"They are! Wonder how they did it, they don't look like much, aren't gangs supposed to be scary tough?"

Kanon turned her attention to the people that were trying - and failing - to keep Kanon and her cohorts from hearing them. That was a pretty bold assumption. And very, very wrong. "Hey," Kanon said to the gossipy trio. "We can hear you, just so you know. More importantly, we're not with those guys. If we were, why would we try stopping them earlier instead of helping them?" Not to mention Nomi in particular was too oblivious to ever be in a gang. That, and if Kanon had to answer to Alicia of all people, she was pretty sure one of them would have left the gang by now. Probably Kanon. She had no patience for Alicia's type, and didn't want any.

ZIVztwp.png

"Dun think I was anything. Good, bad, nothin'. Jus me laying round home s'all. Dunno f'I know what being bad would be."

She was a strange one, Naomi.  Such a lazy person, yet she was out on her own little adventure.  Oswald was going to ask why, but he was interrupted by the loud whispers of some others who had just entered the center.

"Hey aren't those the people who fought that gang?"

Oswald wanted to say something about their ignorance, but decided it wasn't worth his time.  After all, they were the only ones to jump in an defend the town against the hooligans.  Any other person who was able to help, but didn't, was just as pathetic in his eyes.  The fact that they likened them to Team Phoenix almost made him flip a lid.  However, a simple in and out of his breath was enough to calm him down.  Instead, Kanon was the one who said something.

"We can hear you, just so you know. More importantly, we're not with those guys. If we were, why would we try stopping them earlier instead of helping them?"

"Kanon."  Oswald said sternly, with crossed arms.  He was looking at the floor.  "Don't take the bait.  People like them aren't worth it.  We know what happened...and anything else that others say doesn't matter.  You did the right thing today...don't lower yourself to their level."  His gaze then traveled back up to his friends.  "Naomi," He started, "I've been meaning to ask...why's a girl like you out and about on a journey like this?  Doesn't make much sense with a girl with narcolepsy to travel outside of their bed."  

ZA2NV7M.png

"We can hear you, just so you know. More importantly, we're not with those guys. If we were, why would we try stopping them earlier instead of helping them?"

Most of the group seemed to pointedly ignore the girl, pretending they hadn't heard, and pretending they hadn't said anything at all. But one, bolder, young man pointed at the girl and responded in a know-it-all tone. "Maybe that was a trick. Maybe you did that so you could take the reward without anyone stopping you. Maybe you're a...d...distraction!"

Naomi, totally not paying attention to the conversation, rolled her head over towards Oswald as he asked her a question.

"I've been meaning to ask...why's a girl like you out and about on a journey like this?  Doesn't make much sense with a girl with narcolepsy to travel outside of their bed." 

"Had ta." She said. "Couldn't stay home nmore, police said so, didn wan'ta work'n m'grandpa's farm...So I left. Found this boat pickin people up and..." She gestured around lazily. "Here I am."

Team_JIB.png

Seemingly thrown off by their mistake, the Starly and Elekid weren't able to get out of the way of the attacks. In fact the Starly was so out of sorts that it seemed Moo's attack hit a weak point and did more damage than normal, knocking it over and causing it to bounce on the ground a few times. "Uh...no! Starly...We're not done yet!"

While not done, he also was not focused anymore and didn't notice his Elekid getting hit by an Ember attack. Not until his Pichu began tugging on his pants and pointing over at them.

"Grr....fine, I got it, everyone, attack that one there!" He gestured, with a grin, at Po. Who, while he had tried to attack, found himself suffering a full paralysis and unable to move for the time being.

To make things worse for the Pokemon he was being assaulted by a pair of Thunder Shocks, followed up by the Starly's Tackle.

Starly, Level 7, Keen Eye, Growl, Tackle, Quick Attack

So yeah, the two Thunder Shocks will happen about the same time, and after they go off, the Starly swoops in for a Tackle.

Team_JIB.png

Both Jacklyn and Rus seemed excited to have finally hit an ember, the former pumping her fist in the air and the latter letting out a small puff of smoke. "Yeah, way to go Rus! We got them on the run!" While Rus seemed to be confident in his ability to fight the Elekid, he seemed annoyed as all three of the opponents pokemon went to focus on the paralyzed Pancham. "Alright Rus, go and - oh," before she could finish Rus had already let loose another small burst of fire towards the Elekid once more. "Okay, good job! Like the initiative Rus."

OCO5E4E.png

Ivan pumped his arm as the Tackle hit his target. "Alright, good good. He seems to be able to move enough to Tackle..." Ivan said under his breath. He watched the others start attacking, even managing to get a solid hit on the bird. Things were looking good. He pointed his finger at the Elekid. "Alright Po, another Tackle!" Po nodded and started making his way towards the Elekid.

However, it didn't take long for the panda to suddenly feel a jolt go across his body. With a grimace on his face, Po felt his muscles tense up. He was unable to move. "...Po?" Ivan said, concern in his voice as Po awkwardly stood there, unable to move. "Po!" Ivan shouted as the youngster's Pokemon started ganging up on Po. Ivan grit his teeth as he saw the assault of attacks hit the poor panda. 

Po, meanwhile, regained the ability to move just as he saw the two electric type's start aiming their attacks at him. The panda didn't have much of a choice, bringing its arms up in an attempt to brace himself. Po also grit his teeth as he felt the two Thunder Shocks hit him, before being send tumbling back by the Tackle.

"Are you ok Po!?" Ivan shouted as he saw his friend get smashed by the onslaught of attacks. Po was on the ground, although he soon barely managed picked himself up. The panda's legs were shaking, and it was pretty clear that he wasn't going to be able to take much more. Still, he was ok for now. "Alright... alright..." Ivan muttered, thinking as he watched the bunny launch fire at the Elekid. The Starly was the closest thing to the panda. He reached over to grab Po's Pokeball, before being met by verbal protests from the Pancham. Ivan turned to his partner, surprised at his outrage.

Ivan let out a chuckle "I see... alright thne, Po, Arm Thrust that stupid bird!" Ivan shouted, realizing that it didn't seem to matter what move he used for Po's paralysis. Po nodded, before making his way towards the Starly eagerly, gritting its teeth as it felt its muscles start tensing up. Once he was close enough, Po threw himself at his target, arms flailing. 

Moo blinked sleepy eyes at the Starly that he had Tackled, before turning his head to look at his trainer. She was quite odd, and unlike many of the people he'd seen on his journey so far. Whether that was good or bad, he hadn't yet decided. Still, he stood there, awaiting orders.

Orders which never came. The girl was far too fascinated with her Pokédex to notice her surroundings, paying absolutely no attention to the battle. The cow's ears lowered in disappointment, before he turned around and looked at the others. The Lepash he knew was attacking the Elekid and the Pancham was attacking the Starly, so that meant...he swerved his head to look at the Pichu before running toward it in another Tackle. He wasn't quite comfortable using his vines consistently yet, especially without direction from his trainer.

Meanwhile, Belladonna fiddled with the Pokédex some more. "I wonder if they have any games on this..." she mused. "Or if we can download games onto it to play. Or at least let me surf the internet again. It's really hard to handle life without my daily dose of anime."

hxJ6EEI.png

"Kanon. Don't take the bait. People like them aren't worth it. We know what happened...and anything else that others say doesn't matter. You did the right thing today...don't lower yourself to their level."

"Maybe that was a trick. Maybe you did that so you could take the reward without anyone stopping you. Maybe you're a...d...distraction!"

"...hmph." Oswald was right. There was no point stooping down and arguing with gossipy types. If they wanted to believe that, they were wrong, but it wasn't like Kanon had the power to make him not think that way. And even if she did, what was she going to do? Use it? Wouldn't that make her the bad guy? Kanon turned away from the boy in her seat, bringing her legs up and turning to face Oswald and Nomi. Speaking of whom...

"Couldn't stay home nmore, police said so, didn wan'ta work'n m'grandpa's farm...So I left. Found this boat pickin people up and... here I am."

"Some hard work never hurt anyone," Kanon commented. "Though I'm more concerned with you just happening to stumble into all this rather than actually wanting to come here. As much as I would have liked to stay in Hoenn, this was a good opportunity to see all kinds of pokemon up close, you know?"

Team_JIB.png

Kevin shouted in frustration as his Elekid was hit by Rus's Ember attack. He pointed at Jacklyn with an accusatory finger. "No fair! You're not allowed to attack without saying anything first! How am I supposed to tell Elekid to dodge when I don't know what's comin!?"

So focused on the girl was he that he also failed to notice Moo rushing towards his Pichu. Not having been attacked yet the Pichu, without her trainers guidance, seemed to be flustered and panicked as the larger Pokemon came clomping towards her.

Without having much time to think the Pichu closed her eyes shut tightly and turned around, wagging its tail back and forth in an ineffective attempt to ward the Pokemon off. Though Moo's defenses would get lowered by the unexpected move it didn't stop him from slamming into the Pichu.

Kevin, finally realizing what was going on, getting his bearings at last, called out to Starly. "Ack! Starly, help out Pichu, Quick Attack!"

The bird Pokemon had ran right into Po's Arm Thrusts. While he had managed to strike Po with his Tackle it was at the expense of being struck by a surprisingly strong hit. Barely able to hold on the Starly gave a determined coo and flung itself at high speed at Moo, striking the cow-like Pokemon in the side and pushing him away from the Pichu.

Elekid, unsure what to do himself, decided to spring forward and go for his own Quick Attack on Rus. Kevin, unaware of the hypocrisy, cheered on his second Electric type for his actions.

Starly, Level 7, Keen Eye, Growl, Tackle, Quick Attack
Pichu, Level 7, Static, Charm, Thunder Shock, Tail Whip

Moo is now at -2 Def, and is being hit by Starly, who's at very low health, using Quick Attack.

Also yeah Starly's Tackle hit same time as Po's move and Po got a crit on one of their thrusts.

Note that I didn't say the Quick Attack on Rus landed. This is a trend where I will specify if an attack lands for sure in some cases, like with Moo, and other it could possibly be avoided.

Team_JIB.png

As Rus's Ember landed and the youngster they were against  seemed to be caught off guard by it, Jacklyn merely puffed her chest proudly saying, "ha! You're just jealous of how in sync Rus and I. Isn't that right buddy?" Rus, did not respond to his trainer's comment, instead focusing on his quarry. As the Elekid rushed towards the fire type, the flaming bunny merely held its ground getting ready to strike at the Elekid. Gathering the flame in his mouth, Rus stayed where he was, using the path of the quick attack to help line their own shot up better and let loose another ember right at their opposing pokemon. Jacklyn, who was not expecting her pokemon to attack again, merely played this off saying, "see. Isn't he the best?" 

ZIVztwp.png

"Maybe that was a trick. Maybe you did that so you could take the reward without anyone stopping you. Maybe you're a...d...distraction!"

Oswald almost lost his cool at that one.  The kid must have been pretty threatened that strong trainers were in this town to make such a bold claim.  However, part of him wanted to poke holes in his story.  

"I already won the competition.  What makes you think I needed to take it forcefully?"  His tone was rather smug, but for good reason.  That would shut him up this time.  Oswald shrugged, chuckling at the fact that this kid's logic was so mislead.  He sighed, listening to Naomi's answer.  

"Had ta." She said. "Couldn't stay home nmore, police said so, didn wan'ta work'n m'grandpa's farm...So I left. Found this boat pickin people up and..." She gestured around lazily. "Here I am."

"Police?"  Oswald questioned with a tilt of his head.  So this girl was basically forced out of her home...that was kind of sad.  

"Some hard work never hurt anyone," Kanon commented. "Though I'm more concerned with you just happening to stumble into all this rather than actually wanting to come here. As much as I would have liked to stay in Hoenn, this was a good opportunity to see all kinds of pokemon up close, you know?"

Oswald nodded.  Kanon seemed to be enthusiastic about seeing all sorts of Pokemon up close.  

"Does that mean you want to be a breeder, Kanon?"  Oswald questioned, sticking a finger into his cheek.  "I'm here to better my skills as a trainer, so I can use them in my job afterwords.  It's kinda like a prerequisite before I can start doing the real deal!"  Oswald continued, with a smile.  "There's gotta be something you wanna do, Naomi.  And don't say sleep!  Everyone can sleep!"  

ZA2NV7M.png

"I already won the competition.  What makes you think I needed to take it forcefully?"

The young boy gave Oswald a dirty look. "Well that's...cause maybe...Just know I'm watching you! And I don't trust you!" He then grumbled and walked back to his group, who all looked embarrassed on his behalf.

"Police?"

"Police." Naomi confirmed without adding anything more.

"Some hard work never hurt anyone,"

"Well thajus not true." Naomi said. "You could...hurt your back...or somethin."

"There's gotta be something you wanna do, Naomi.  And don't say sleep!  Everyone can sleep!"

Naomi yawned. Having turned between both of them so many times so quickly she was feeling rather worn out. Still, she should probably give him an answer before going back to sleep. But she just wasn't sure what kind of answer to give. She half-shrugged and pulled her knees up to her chest. "Dunno. All I want is to not hafta do anything. I don't like that there's so much t'do just'ta live life."

[spoiler=OOC]Remember that if you guys want to move on feel free to skip ahead and have your character going to sleep.

"No fair! You're not allowed to attack without saying anything first! How am I supposed to tell Elekid to dodge when I don't know what's comin!?"

"Hmm?" Belladonna looked up from her perusal of the Pokédex, brow wrinkled in annoyance. "You're loud," her voice was flat as she spoke. Looking down, she saw her Poamoo had succeeded in its attack, but rather than give it any sort of meaningless encouragement like the others were doing for their own, which just looked like a waste of time, the girl paid attention to the battle.

This triple battle was really just...a mess. Kevin didn't seem organized enough to handle a triple battle, and neither were his Pokémon. Maybe if he had more experience, but he really should've stuck to a single battle. At least Belladonna only had to keep track of one, but...this kind of reminded her of the co-op games she would play. Eyes sharpening, she glanced over the group, not flinching when her cow was struck. It could handle it.

As the Lepash attacked the Elekid again, Belladonna mumbled out a, "Moo, attack that Starly." She didn't really care which attack it used, so she didn't specify.

Moo, left to make up his mind again, attempted a Tackle on Starly, hoping that the bird would stop attacking him after this. The hits were starting to take a number on him.

OCO5E4E.png

Po managed to get some hits in, and was sent tumbling back by the bird's attack. Still, Po was standing, although just barely. "Alright..." Ivan said, a beat of sweat rolling down his forehead. Things weren't looking great, although the enemy Pokemon were also rather beat up themselves. Maybe Po could make it out of this one without fainting.

He turned to see where everyone else was attacking, each one of his teammates dealing with an individual enemy. That left the Pichu uncounted for. With a not, Ivan pointed at the Pichu. "Po, Arm Thrust that Pichu!" The Pancham nodded, making his way towards with an awkward run. It basically tossed itself onto the small mouse Pokemon, arms swinging violently at it.

hxJ6EEI.png

"Does that mean you want to be a breeder, Kanon?"

"Mhm. I'm not really sure where to start on that, so I'm doing this Korova thing while I work it all out." Breeding was probably pretty tough work. But also worth it. Kanon was here to figure out how to start on the job she wanted, and Oswald was here to get better as a trainer so that he could get the job he wanted. And then there was Nomi. Who didn't want to do anything.

"Dunno. All I want is to not hafta do anything. I don't like that there's so much t'do just'ta live life."

"Just sitting around all day doing nothing sounds awful. You need to figure something out." If one just spent all day sitting around, was there even any point to still being alive? It's not like you were doing anything anyway. Of course, Kanon didn't expect Nomi to figure it out just like that. Not today. Maybe tomorrow?

iU8EggM.png

"I'm done for the day. Good night, you two." Between getting here, the statue in the marsh, and the encounters with Team Phoenix - a name she still thought was stupid - Kanon was tuckered out for the day. It was important to get some rest and be ready to tackle the next day's ventures. Like getting the ferry to mainland Korova! Setting herself down on the bed and shutting her eyes, Kanon thought about the kinds of pokemon she might meet on the mainland. What kind of place was it, anyway?

...well, she'd figure that out when she got there.

Team_JIB.png

Rus stood his ground, his small bunny body ready, as the Elekid charged in. He charged in despite the flames the bunny was spitting and winced as the attack washed over him. Still he continued to follow through and slammed into Rus, knocking them backwards, and stumbled backwards before waiting for his trainer's orders.

"Starly, dodge the Poamoo, and go for another Quick Attack! Don't let up! Pichu, Tail Whip again!"

The bird Pokemon flew up and over Moo's head, avoiding the lackluster attack just barely, and did a circle around to ram into Moo again. Drawing back, as the Pichu wagged its tail again, it dove back down towards Moo.

Kevin called out with confidence to Belladonna. "You're not gonna win if you can't even give orders right!" He grinned wide, bouncing on his feet, but the grin faltered as Po slammed his arms into the Pichu, unprotected as it was busy Tail Whipping Moo.

"Uh...I...I got you now!" Kevin shouted. "Elekid, Thundershock." The Elekid glanced over at Rus, but with a shrug, turned towards Po instead and began to let loose an Electric attack.

[spoiler=OOC]Okay so if Elekid's attack lands then Po will be knocked out. Also yes, Starly's first Quick Attack hit Moo but the second might not.

Archived