Rachel Mitchell statement on Brett Kavenaugh hearing. Detailing her opinion of ford's responses

vla1ne

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this party ( that she didn't recall) at the house with the exact layout (that she didn't remember) didn't have the same 3 people (who she didnt name) and wasn't 15 minutes from a country club (which she didn't mention) and never took place because she couldn't narrow down a year?

That's odd to me because you can ask a trauma patient a lot of things and man, If they remember much at all, Its usually a miracle.

But I mean, I certainly hope that the chances of naming those minute details at that one location aren't too difficult to dig up.

They didn't just pick one party. It was a party just before football season where she knows at least three people (Kavanaugh, the judge, the friend) who can be painted at the party.

Not IF. Not MAYBE. They were there. And so was her boyfriend (pitiful excuse for a boyfriend). That's four people.

she literally took a shot in the dark, The friend was never at the party listed. In fact, her best friend says she's never met brett, and considering she left the party, and her friend would have been the only female left there, i'd at least have assumed she'd remember the people she met were she there. It's not every day your bff ditches you. running out of a party after going upstairs with 2 drunk guys right? Judge was one of kavenaughs best friends, she couldn't recall the other name, and Aj was, again, at the time, one of kavenaughs best friends. all of them deny the claim. and if her boyfriend, AND her best friend were there, what would the odds be that neither one, especially the boyfriend, would remember the time when she left her boyfriend and went upstairs with two drunk guys? seriously. this is literally one person saying something happened, and 5 people saying it didn't. 

The next thing, and something i'm getting real tired of seeing in these kinds of cases, is the sheer amount of other people calling out her lies. The polygraph question? She lied. Her fear of flying, AKA the reason the hearing was delayed? A lie. the safeway she claims to have ran into her assailant at later that year? The Safeway wasn't built till 1986 years after she claims the event occured (4chan's weaponized autism found that one out). The extra door as a result of trauma that she claims was done in 2012? Built in 2008, and used to assist google interns that she hosted. her naming brett during the therapist interview? therapist says otherwise, and she refuses to give permission to release the therapy notes. literally everything she used to boost her credibility, was either proven to be false, or broken down somehow.. So again, what evidence is there to beleive her besides her claiming it happened? Because by that standard, i could claim winter raped me, and you would have no reason not to beleive me.

It's not that hard to say that 4 guys who hung out together would...hang out together lol

Not at that day at that time at that party.  That's not a coincidence.

she literally took a shot in the dark, The friend was never at the party listed. In fact, her best friend says she's never met brett, and considering she left the party, and her friend would have been the only female left there, i'd at least have assumed she'd remember the people she met were she there. It's not every day your bff ditches you. running out of a party after going upstairs with 2 drunk guys right? Judge was one of kavenaughs best friends, she couldn't recall the other name, and Aj was, again, at the time, one of kavenaughs best friends. all of them deny the claim. 

Of course, they deny the claim.  It's self-defense.  But I thought we weren't taking words at face value?  So are we or aren't we?

The next thing, and something i'm getting real tired of seeing in these kinds of cases, is the sheer amount of other people calling out her lies. The polygraph question? She lied. Her fear of flying, AKA the reason the hearing was delayed? A lie. the safeway she claims to have ran into her assailant at later that year? The Safeway wasn't built till 1986 years after she claims the event occured (4chan's weaponized autism found that one out). The extra door as a result of trauma that she claims was done in 2012? Built in 2008, and used to assist google interns that she hosted. 

(Why is that funny to me?)

Okay, so we are taking words at face value.  I don't know about this door, but I know a he said she said story when I see one.  Not to mention this Safeway thing.  I've said it once, I'll say it again.  That's not how trauma works.  I don't know if you've been through trauma (I have, but that's irrelevant) but it's not "you should know every time, minute, exact address, time of day, color of their shirt, and the last thing they ate" simple.  Every time you relive a memory, it changes.  Not once, not occasionally, but every time.  Years, days, and timeframes are the most difficult to corroborate unless you have physical documentation.

All that tells me is that everyone except her friends were at that party.  It also leads me to believe (now that we're talking about witness tampering) how easy it is to manipulate third parties.  This includes boyfriends, friends, roommates, etc.  I don't believe Kavanaugh's roommate but I also don't believe Ford's friends.  Or, at least that's the case at face value.

She made an assertion that he did something, and has 0 evidence. Everybody else related to said assertion, denies said assertion. Brett has produced physical evidence of exactly where he was via multiple planners written 36 years ago (before any of this would have even been a concept). As such, he has evidence of where he was, why he was there, and who was there with him. She does not. That ties this into multiple things, but I’m plopping it here up front because it’s something that stands well enough on it’s own, and I’d rather not have to write it out entirely into everything I’m about to say.

Self defense? Her best friend said she remembers no such party. Now unless her best friend actually hates her guts, I’d say she would be at least as credible as ford (whether or not we go by word alone, the word of all potentially involved parties hold the same weight.). And to address your statement, no, we are not just taking words at face value. What we are doing, Is taking every testimony, and placing them against each other to see which one would hold more weight overall, adding evidence where possible. Were we to right now, pass judgement based on claims alone, she would be outnumbered literally everybody to one. In other words, were we to go by words alone, her argument would be DoA. There is absolutely nobody who was supposedly at that party, who says those events, much less that party, ever occurred. (her friend says she wants to believe her, but can't recall any such party, and clearly states she never met brett, so as far as value in any court, that's the equivalent of "It never happened") So on words alone, she loses flat out, but it gets worse.

We are also taking actual recorded documents and events into account, and factoring them in to back the words spoken. Her fear of flying was never mentioned to anybody, and she literally flies multiple times a year for pleasure trips. Not sure about you, but nobody I know who fears something, is going to go out of their way to obtain a profession that requires them to deal with that fear on a regular basis, or take trips that require them to fly to and from their location, for hours. The safeway was opened well after she claims to have met him there, thus that encounter could not have happened within her timeframe. And the door has literal construction record proving she lied about even that. I took nothing about the story at face value. She was asked if she ever coached, or was coached on taking polygraphs, she said no, and her boyfriend came out and said she coached a friend, and on top of that, she wrote a paper on recovering, and creating memories, AKA the most basic fuel for falsifying polygraphs. No psychology professor worth their degree hasn’t had at least one thing to do in a polygraph related field. Yet she claims sh has never been coached, given advice, or coached or given advice for one. Both claims would normally negate each other, but the fact that she wrote a paper on one of the main topics related to faking a polygraph, lends quite a bit of credence to her ex boyfriend’s claim. When there’s that much wrong with just the basics of your story, and then your word, aka your only remaining weapon, is shot down by everybody else involved, including your best friend, and then whomever drove her home, never stepping forward? What is there about that that has been taken solely at face value, the entire picture is literally there in plain ink. There’s nothing to assume. At this point, her story, is nowhere near credible. Plausible, yes, it could very well have happened, but it is no longer anything resembling credible.

Continuing on though, there’s even more to dismantle, dozens of people from Kavanaghs’ high school years have come out corroborating his claims on the jargon in his planner (boofing, his high school alcohol habits, the devil’s triangle drinking game, the yearbook itself, ect, they backed him on all of it). In other words, once more, whether taken at face value or not, the words of Brett Kavenagh would easily outweigh those who insinuate sinister intent into his planner, and his planner is once more, as solid as evidence gets.

In summary, her word is outweighed, her evidence is nonexistent, and her story, while plausible, is not credible. On the flip side, his word is backed by dozens of people, hundreds if you span it across cases, his evidence is solid and paints the exact picture that he has always presented himself within, and his denial holds the force of the entire legal system (AKA “Innocent until proven guilty”) behind it. There is nothing about this case, that is in ford’s favor at all, and swathes of evidence and testimony in favor of brett. It’s that simple. There’s plenty of decent reasons to not like him, or to oppose his nomination, but there are no evidence based reasons, to believe her story over kavenaughs, and even if you go on words alone, his story wins by a blowout of at least 50-1. 

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/10/05/no-alleged-attack-ford-didnt-happen-july-1-1982-party-says-fords-lawyer/

I mean, like Ford's lawyers literally pulled the rug out from under people like Dad and denied that the July 1st party that everyone lost their minds over was the day of the assault (mainly because they got their roster of witnesses wrong)

Ford knew that these 4 guys hung out together a lot, she can then make up that she was assaulted and that these 4 guys were there. And crazy enough, 4 guys who go to parties together normally, went to a party :0

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/10/05/no-alleged-attack-ford-didnt-happen-july-1-1982-party-says-fords-lawyer/

I mean, like Ford's lawyers literally pulled the rug out from under people like Dad and denied that the July 1st party that everyone lost their minds over was the day of the assault (mainly because they got their roster of witnesses wrong)

Ford knew that these 4 guys hung out together a lot, she can then make up that she was assaulted and that these 4 guys were there. And crazy enough, 4 guys who go to parties together normally, went to a party :0

I said don't make it personal and I meant it. When I get home from work it'll be a WP

The issue that this article raises isn't necessarily that those four hung out at this particular party, but rather, what would have been the common link that brought both Kavanaugh and Ford to this party? In other words, they date may not be the primary issue, so much as why both of them were there in the first place.

I said don't make it personal and I meant it. When I get home from work it'll be a WP

Yeah this isn't personal...there is only one person here who was citing the July 1st party here in their argument (Dad), and Fords lawyers screwed those people. I can't really give an example of anyone else. If you can't mod properly get someone who can actually read what I wrote to do it.

Here's making it personal: "Dad you're a funking retard, even Ford's lawyers said your bullshit isn't what happened"

See the difference?

Yeah this isn't personal...there is only one person here who was citing the July 1st party here in their argument (Dad), and Fords lawyers screwed those people. I can't really give an example of anyone else. If you can't mod properly get someone who can actually read what I wrote to do it.

Here's making it personal: "Dad you're a funking retard, even Ford's lawyers said your bullshit isn't what happened"

See the difference?

You need to learn how to make points without dragging names into it. It's unnecessary. Make that 2 points for continuing this and basically spamming.

I'm tired of letting people off with verbal warnings and watching them not change. I can guarantee you I've been more lenient than anyone else on the team and now I'm being spit on for it. You always tell people to grow a thicker skin so now is your chance to show it. Already gave a warning earlier I wasn't tolerating this anymore.

If you have to keep going do so in PM.

well, it turns out ford, and the rest of the accusers have dropped all allegations and backed away from the playing field. Ford having gained a cool million off of her allegations alone, to say nothing of the book deals, television spots, and other lucrative deals behind the curtain. 

i believe it's safe to say, this case (and all other brett related cases) have been proven to be a through and through farce, to claim it as your civic duty, and then drop them on the spot, tells me you have never held any strong convictions relating to the event in the first place. (and no, her appearing at the hearing does not count, she was under subpoena to make it after attempting to avoid the case on monday, and claiming (using ignorance as defense) that she had not understood their meaning when they said that they would go to her if she was so afraid of flying.

any closing comments?

Also, cow, while i agree that the second comment was out of line, winter used the first statement (regarding dad) not as an attack, but as a comparison. arguably, he was claiming that dad had been deceived, but it doesn't fall under the category of ad hominem to use a name in an example, otherwise my own comment about winter raping me that sounds about as wrong in text as i thought it would would be subject to the same punishment would it not?

Also, cow, while i agree that the second comment was out of line, winter used the first statement (regarding dad) not as an attack, but as a comparison. arguably, he was claiming that dad had been deceived, but it doesn't fall under the category of ad hominem to use a name in an example, otherwise my own comment about winter raping me that sounds about as wrong in text as i thought it would would be subject to the same punishment would it not?

Just want to support this statement.  Honestly don't think the warning points were necessary at all.

well, it turns out ford, and the rest of the accusers have dropped all allegations and backed away from the playing field. Ford having gained a cool million off of her allegations alone, to say nothing of the book deals, television spots, and other lucrative deals behind the curtain. 

i believe it's safe to say, this case (and all other brett related cases) have been proven to be a through and through farce, to claim it as your civic duty, and then drop them on the spot, tells me you have never held any strong convictions relating to the event in the first place. (and no, her appearing at the hearing does not count, she was under subpoena to make it after attempting to avoid the case on monday, and claiming (using ignorance as defense) that she had not understood their meaning when they said that they would go to her if she was so afraid of flying.

any closing comments?

Ford is unable to live at home due to death threats, but sure, take shallow potshots at her as if this was all just some desperate bid for money.

Nothing "proves" that this case was just a farce. What point is there in her trying to pursue this when the GOP not once gave a damn about whether or not her claims were true when they wanted to rush Kavanaugh through confirmation, all the while playing the victim of Democrats "obstructing" them, when Mitch McConnell barely waited an hour after Scalia's death before bragging to Obama that he would not allow him to fill the vacant seat, then blocked Merrick Garland out of pure spite?

But no, it's Kavanaugh who was being "lynched". The GOP is far too eager to block Democrats every chance they get, but cry about being the victims whenever they're hit with even the slightest inconvenience.

She made over a million dollars and will no longer pursue the matter. If he really raped her, why would she do that? If she thinks the FBI was in on the plot to discredit her, surely she must have more witnesses.

Everyone in this has been getting death threats, Kavanaugh, Ford, senators, only one of those three is now turning tail and running

Yes the GOP might not care, I don't agree, but let's give her that, surely the dems do? Hell the dems want to start impeachment proceedings, I'm sure her proof of rape would be invaluable for that

Where is she supposed to go?  I'm not sure I understand.  Cuz she can't go home.

If the FBI and WH cheated her, because her lawyers threw a fit that she didn't get interviewed AGAIN, then surely she could come out with the groundbreaking evidence that she has that the FBI didn't get from here. Would help with the dem impeachment plans on Kavanaugh for sure....the other possibility is she got nothing

Ford is unable to live at home due to death threats, but sure, take shallow potshots at her as if this was all just some desperate bid for money.

Nothing "proves" that this case was just a farce. What point is there in her trying to pursue this when the GOP not once gave a damn about whether or not her claims were true when they wanted to rush Kavanaugh through confirmation, all the while playing the victim of Democrats "obstructing" them, when Mitch McConnell barely waited an hour after Scalia's death before bragging to Obama that he would not allow him to fill the vacant seat, then blocked Merrick Garland out of pure spite?

But no, it's Kavanaugh who was being "lynched". The GOP is far too eager to block Democrats every chance they get, but cry about being the victims whenever they're hit with even the slightest inconvenience.

Yknow who else is under constant death threats? Brett. You know who has no evidence to back their claim? All of his accusers. That wasn't a potshot, so much as it was pointing out that the person/ people who gained the most off of this were his accusers. and pointing out the fact that the main one, had an insane amount to gain off of said allegations.

Yes, something does. Did you not read anything that i typed over the past few posts? Starting things off; Innocent until proven guilty. Brett is assumed innocent, until proven guilty. Hell no crime is even assumed to have occurred until you can prove the event in question happened (spoiler, not a single accuser could do even that much). all claimed witnesses, for all cases, claimed no memories of any such party (again, in a court of law, which is the only place any of this matters, that is the exact same value, as saying it never happened). in other words, no evidence, no actual date, and he has ample evidednce and witnesses backing every claim he made. so yes, this was entirely a farce.

Yes, it IS him being lynched. you continuously ignore the absolute fact, that there is A B S O L U T E L Y  N O  E V I D E N C E  O F  G U I L T. Please, burn that into your mind. Because until you have evidence of guilt, or even of a crime having occured, he is nothing more than an innocent man, who's name has been dragged through the mud. i have asked this since the first page, do you have evidence of guilt? If not, then you have no case, and 7 FBI investigations and a senate hearing later, there has yet to be any evidence, at all, of any crime, much less any evidence worth calling in a guilty verdict. 

She made over a million dollars and will no longer peruse the matter. If he really raped her, why would she do that? If she thinks the FBI was in on the plot to discredit her, surely she must have more witnesses.

Everyone in this has been getting death threats, Kavanaugh, Ford, senators, only one of those three is now turning tail and running

Yes the GOP might not care, I don't agree, but let's give her that, surely the dems do? Hell the dems want to start impeachment proceedings, I'm sure her proof of rape would be invaluable for that

Genuinely asking this here, and I apologize if this comes across as trying to "trap" you in any way, but do you believe she's no longer pursuing the matter because she got the money? I'm asking so I properly understand where you're coming from here, because I do not want to make any assumptions about your position, especially if my response here does not match with what you're saying.

From what I understand, Kavanaugh's confirmation seemed to motivate Ford's decision to abstain from any further action against him. If Kavanaugh did commit rape, then as has been brought up, she has not brought forth enough compelling evidence to bring to trial, so even if she did continue to pursue her allegations, I don't think she could accomplish anything at the moment. So as far as I'm concerned, the money she's received does not seem to be a factor. It's just that there's barely anything more that she could do, and it may be in her best interests to stand down until she has a stronger case.

I believe that the Democrats do care, and I hope that impeachment proceedings go well if they find due cause that goes beyond the scope of what we've discussed in this thread. Her proof of rape would certainly be invaluable, but she still needs to gather that proof before it could be of any use.

She made over a million dollars and will no longer pursue the matter. If he really raped her, why would she do that? If she thinks the FBI was in on the plot to discredit her, surely she must have more witnesses.

As a clarification, it was not a rape that she's claiming, it was a groping, with the potential to rape. the third accuser claims rape, gang rape at that, a high school gang raping ring of which she believes brett was the ringleader of. (aka, the reason why i call fords the most plausible story of the bunch) We all know that groping happens, it's not so uncommon as to be something that we can deny outright. but there's no evidence of it having actually occurred here. that's a million dollars for a groping at a party that has yet to be even proven.

Oh come on. Ford's given up on getting justice because it's now clear that she never will, regardless of how hard she pushes. She's probably tired of reliving experiences just for the GOP to essentially laugh in her face.

The idea that the accusations against Kavenaugh were simply a ploy to stop Trump getting another Republican on the Supreme Court is ridiculous. Let's grant that if Kavenaugh were found guilty, then he wouldn't be allowed on the Supreme Court, but then Trump would surely just go to his second choice. Politically, this isn't a last stand. Trump has already won here.

I was wrong, it isn't guilty until proven guilty, it's guilty until proven guilty

??? That's the same thing

I'll be honest, I haven't been following this story very much

Oh come on. Ford's given up on getting justice because it's now clear that she never will, regardless of how hard she pushes. She's probably tired of reliving experiences just for the GOP to essentially laugh in her face.

The idea that the accusations against Kavenaugh were simply a ploy to stop Trump getting another Republican on the Supreme Court is ridiculous. Let's grant that if Kavenaugh were found guilty, then he wouldn't be allowed on the Supreme Court, but then Trump would surely just go to his second choice. Politically, this isn't a last stand. Trump has already won here.

really? then why did she never hand in a police report? you don't come out claiming "it's your civic duty" and never even fulfill your civic role and fill out the proper forms. that's something she could have done alongside this entire spectacle, and would have made her that much more believable. the GOP is laughing in her face, because her entire story has holes that i could drive multiple plausible and credible arguments through, and gains more holes by the day. (most have been listed in this thread, but even more holes have been pointed out that i have yet to even list)

So are you telling me you believe that after 6 FBI investigations, Kavenaugh being the ringleader of a high school gang raping ring is anything close to plausible? much less credible? the best reason i can find to place such an accusation on the path would be to create a large enough web of potential witnesses to chase until elections finished up (surprise of the century, there are none at all) in fact, the behavior of the senators at the hearing only helps confirm this. not a single person in those seats didn't know that if ford requested an FBI investigation, they would be able to delay the vote until well past november 6th. and not a single person there didn't know that regardless of ford or brett kavenaugh's wishes, they were fully capable of initiating an investigation at any time. of course trump won here, they changed the rules during the obama administration, and never expected them to bite them right back in the ass (confirmations used to be 2/3rds votes, but thanks to new legislations created during the obama term, they now only need a majority vote to pass new SC judges)

??? That's the same thing

I'll be honest, I haven't been following this story very much

You DO realize midterm elections are in 4 weeks right? Brett burns out, and then the GOP can't fill the seat before the midterms. 

They're not the same thing.

Guilty until innocent at least lets you try to prove your innocence

the leftist guilty until guilty is just an never ending goalpost move

If the FBI and WH cheated her, because her lawyers threw a fit that she didn't get interviewed AGAIN, then surely she could come out with the groundbreaking evidence that she has that the FBI didn't get from here. Would help with the dem impeachment plans on Kavanaugh for sure....the other possibility is she got nothing

I still don't get how that gives her a safe place to live. Unless you weren't being literal and i misunderstood.

Archived