Yu-Gi-Oh: Domino Elementary [OOC/Accepting/Started]

0PxPz0

The monster being all types is the "mechanic". I think it would work better as a type rather than a sub-type because:

1) it saves card text space (I wouldn't have to put "this card is always treated as every type", in the card text of every card: especially since there will be a few Normal monsters) and...

2) I'd have to put a type on the card anyway which would be redundant.

I guess I can change it to a sub-type, but if I did, there'd be no purpose in making it a type/sub-type at all.

ruing wise wouldn't you have to have it say "This card is treated as every type" though? i can't think of anything that has a mechanic that doesn't have to be included in the card text

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=It would be like this...]Domino Dog
LIGHT **
Hybrid
A dog that has an unusual aura about it.  It seems to be loyal to a being that cannot be seen.
300/800

I think the only other thing that has an "inherent meaning" in that way are Tuners, but you could apply a similar logic to "Rituals" and every extra deck type.  Maybe the word "mechanic" in my explanation is too strong... "Classification" maybe?  Regardless, how it's formatted shouldn't be super important for the sake of the RP, right?  The above will be how I plan to write it out for my own sake, and hybrid will have the "inherent meaning" of being all types at the same time.  My character will probably explain it a million-and-a-half times in-thread anyway.

[spoiler=It would be like this...]Domino Dog

LIGHT **

Hybrid

A dog that has an unusual aura about it.  It seems to be loyal to a being that cannot be seen.

300/800

I think the only other thing that has an "inherent meaning" in that way are Tuners, but you could apply a similar logic to "Rituals" and every extra deck type.  Maybe the word "mechanic" in my explanation is too strong... "Classification" maybe?  Regardless, how it's formatted shouldn't be super important for the sake of the RP, right?  The above will be how I plan to write it out for my own sake, and hybrid will have the "inherent meaning" of being all types at the same time.  My character will probably explain it a million-and-a-half times in-thread anyway.

as far as tuners they don't have any mechanic text because the mechanic is that synchro's all need at least 1 tuner to summon, as far as some rituals, usually "Normal" ones, and all extra deck monsters now that i'm thinking about it, i guess they do have implied effects (is that the best term for it?) in regards to how they are summoned and it is an RP so it shouldn't be a big deal, my concern was just the ruling towards it not being in the text

Well, you can simply say at the start of the deck section that even if it's not written down, they are all implied to have in their card text either "(Hybrid monsters are always treated as also being of every other monster type)" or "(This card is always treated as also being of every other monster type)" depending on how you want them to interact with Type-changing cards like Zombie World, much like Summoned Skull is always treated as being an "archfiend" card but is still a normal monster.

Oh sheet, I forgot this existed

[spoiler=App]

Name Aria Kozuichi

Gender Female

Age - 10

Birthday - May 1st

Appearance - [spoiler=Picture]awesome-digital-art-volume-10-sublime99-

Home Life - Her mother moved to America when she was still young for reasons never told to her. Her father doesn't like to talk about it much. Her father has a massive astronomy collection from when he was younger, he was always a geek for the stars. Although his actual job as a secretary for a law firm doesn't quite live hope to his hopes and dreams, he still pursues and shares his passion with his daughter, Aria. Back in 3rd grade, she snuck into her father's Astronomy room at night to play around with the Telescope. She eventually fell asleep and dreamt(?) of aliens abducting her. Everything from the event is fuzzy to her but she remembers one thing very clearly - Duel Monsters. She is convinced that by becoming a Duel Monsters champion, she will meet the aliens again. 

Personality Pretty quiet and reserved, but awfully curious about everything around her. She really only shows excitement for 2 subjects, Aliens and Dueling. Shes also a big fat daddy's girl.

Token Appearance - Moon Crescent drawn and filled in with pink Sharpie

Deck - "I Believe!" Focusing around the "Graydle" archetype, she works on stealing the opponents monsters and using them against 'em. 

[spoiler=Custom Cards]Graydle Warrior
WATER
LV 3
Aqua / Effect
2000 / 0
When this monster declares an attack: Add 1 "Graydle" card from your Deck to your hand.
When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the GY: You can Special Summon 1
"Graydle" monster from your Deck, except "Graydle Warrior".

Graydle Jam
WATER
LV 5
Aqua / Tuner / Effect
0 / 2000
If this card is in your hand or GY and a "Graydle" monster you control is destroyed: You
can Special Summon this card, but banish it when it leaves the field. You can only
activate this effect of "Graydle Jam" once per turn.

Graydle Mothership
WATER
LINK-2
Bottom, Right
Aqua / Link / Effect
2 Aqua monsters
When this card is Link Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "Graydle" monster from your GY
to 1 Zone this card points to. "Graydle" cards you control cannot be targeted with card
effects your opponent controls. If this card is destroyed by battle or by card effect
and sent to the GY: You can target 1 other WATER monster in your GY; Special Summon it.
You can only activate each effect of "Graydle Mothership" once per turn.

Graydle Reform
Quickplay Spell
Special Summon 1 "Graydle" monster from your GY. You can only activate 1 "Graydle Reform"
per turn.

Misc. Information - "New life born within a star, reach this planet from afar. Come to help me win this fight; fear my morphing Parasite! Synchro Summon! Take form, Graydle Dragon!"
[spoiler= Duel Theme]

This is actually a retake on a character I never got to do cuz it never took off. I'm hoping this time I can use her.

Oh sheet, I forgot this existed

[spoiler=App]

Name Aria Kozuichi

Gender Female

Age - 10

Birthday - May 1st

Appearance - [spoiler=Picture]awesome-digital-art-volume-10-sublime99-

Home Life - Her mother moved to America when she was still young for reasons never told to her. Her father doesn't like to talk about it much. Her father has a massive astronomy collection from when he was younger, he was always a geek for the stars. Although his actual job as a secretary for a law firm doesn't quite live hope to his hopes and dreams, he still pursues and shares his passion with his daughter, Aria. Back in 3rd grade, she snuck into her father's Astronomy room at night to play around with the Telescope. She eventually fell asleep and dreamt(?) of aliens abducting her. Everything from the event is fuzzy to her but she remembers one thing very clearly - Duel Monsters. She is convinced that by becoming a Duel Monsters champion, she will meet the aliens again. 

Personality Pretty quiet and reserved, but awfully curious about everything around her. She really only shows excitement for 2 subjects, Aliens and Dueling. Shes also a big fat daddy's girl.

Token Appearance - Moon Crescent drawn and filled in with pink Sharpie

Deck - "I Believe!" Focusing around the "Graydle" archetype, she works on stealing the opponents monsters and using them against 'em. 

[spoiler=Custom Cards]Graydle Warrior

WATER

LV 3

Aqua / Effect

2000 / 0

When this monster declares an attack: Add 1 "Graydle" card from your Deck to your hand.

If this card is destroyed by battle: Special Summon 1 "Graydle" monster from your Deck

except "Graydle Warrior".

Graydle Jam

WATER

LV 5

Aqua / Tuner / Effect

0 / 2000

If this card is in your hand or GY and a "Graydle" monster you control is destroyed, you

can Special Summon this card. You can only activate this effect of "Graydle Jam" once per

turn. If this card was Special Summoned by its own effect: Banish it when it leaves the

field.

Graydle Mothership

WATER

LINK-2

Bottom, Right

Aqua / Link / Effect

2 Aqua monsters

When this card is Link Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "Graydle" monster from your GY

to 1 Zone this card points to. "Graydle" cards you control cannot be targetted with card

effects your opponent controls. If this card is destroyed by battle or by card effect:

Special Summon 1 Aqua monster from your GY. You can only activate each effect of "Graydle

Mothership" once per turn.

Graydle Reform

Quickplay Spell

Special Summon 1 "Graydle" monster from your GY. You can only activate 1 "Graydle Reform"

per turn.

Misc. Information - "New life born within a star, reach this planet from a far. Come to help me win this fight; fear my morphing Parasite! Synchro Summon! Take form, Graydle Dragon!"

[spoiler= Duel Theme]

This is actually a retake on a character I never got to do cuz it never took off. I'm hoping this time I can use her.

interesting motivation, also fun to see some official cards with custom support. Accepted

Just posting to make note that I tweaked the card texts on some of my custom cards to have them work a bit more like they are intended to. Also if we come up with custom cards part way through the RP, will we be able to add them?

that is actually the function of one of the NPC's, Alex Solomon, titled "The Card Seller", is intended to be a way for everyone to add new cards once I've reviewed them (assuming they're custom) and decided on whether or not I'll allow them. since it seems I didn't put that in his Misc. Info i'll have to add that when I change the cards in your app

[spoiler=Jacob Tor]
Gender - Male

Age - 10

Birthday - 14 April

Appearance - Black kid of average height and large green eyes.  He has close-cropped black hair that always seems to stand on end.  He is often dressed up in a button-down or polo shirt and jeans.

Home Life - The youngest child with two older sisters, Jacob is often treated as the baby by everyone in his house except his father.  His father - a stern, straight-laced and highly successful businessman - demands excellence from all his children, so when Jacob expressed interest in Duel Monsters, his father expressed that Jacob should aim to be the best.  While Jacob's sisters do play, Jacob really only gets "practice" at school.

Personality - Polite and soft-spoken, Jacob is usually quite reserved, especially for a kid his age.  He gets easily frustrated when things aren't going his way and though he usually expresses this in action rather than words, he can be amusingly blunt when told to express himself.
When he plays duel monsters, though, he seems to change slightly, become even more detached.  He had started playing at a younger age than most of his classmates, but because of his father's pushes, the game lost its air of fun.  He doesn't get frustrated at a loss and instead, to most people's bemusement, he often seen smiling after a loss - before playing again and trouncing the unlucky opponent.

Token Appearance - Jacob has 3 tokens that are all siver circles each with a unique marking.  One has a traced red and orange fire symbol, one has a traced blue and white water droplet, and the third has a traced yellow thunderbolt.

Deck
[spoiler Triple Power Destruction!]
A deck focused around the underwhelming but oversupported "hybrid" type.  The "hybrid" type is more of a mechanic than a type; basically, the card is every monster type at once (as explored in the irl Monster League Battle Pack).  Because of this, they can use every powerful type-specific card (RotA, Limiter Removal, Mezuki, etc.).  Problem?  Most things of the hybrid type are Normal monsters or have effects that go -1 or more.  Jacob uses the versitility of the hybrid monsters to help summon his three big bosses (a Thunder-type, an Aqua-type, and a Pyro-type that gain more powerful effects depending on how many of the other types you have)

Misc. Information - His trio of bosses are 3 Level 7 Spellcaster Synchros that were considered garbage before the hybrid type.  Of the three, "Zanathos, Patron of Thunder" is his favorite with its shocking "Infinite Thunderbolts!" attack.  "Nero, the Aqua Madoor" is his second favorite with its cool "Absolute Zero!" move.  Finally, "Braisqie, the Matron of Heat" is his third favorite with her hot "Plasma Melting!" ability.  Besides his trio of boss monsters, his favorite card is his Secret Rare 4D-Kuriboh and its awesome power "Prism Block!".

Jacob has been trying to get his hands on "Sorcerer of Dark Magic" for months now.  Because his three bosses are Spellcasters and his deck can output (Hybrid) "Spellcasters" pretty easily, he always wanted to build a deck to summon the master magician.

unless I missed them or they're actual cards that I don't know about it looks like you didn't add your characters three ace monsters? Can't accept without knowing all the customs he'll start out with.

[spoiler=Jacob Tor]
Gender - Male

Age - 10

Birthday - 14 April

Appearance - Black kid of average height and large green eyes.  He has close-cropped black hair that always seems to stand on end.  He is often dressed up in a button-down or polo shirt and jeans.

Home Life - The youngest child with two older sisters, Jacob is often treated as the baby by everyone in his house except his father.  His father - a stern, straight-laced and highly successful businessman - demands excellence from all his children, so when Jacob expressed interest in Duel Monsters, his father expressed that Jacob should aim to be the best.  While Jacob's sisters do play, Jacob really only gets "practice" at school.

Personality - Polite and soft-spoken, Jacob is usually quite reserved, especially for a kid his age.  He gets easily frustrated when things aren't going his way and though he usually expresses this in action rather than words, he can be amusingly blunt when told to express himself.
When he plays duel monsters, though, he seems to change slightly, become even more detached.  He had started playing at a younger age than most of his classmates, but because of his father's pushes, the game lost its air of fun.  He doesn't get frustrated at a loss and instead, to most people's bemusement, he often seen smiling after a loss - before playing again and trouncing the unlucky opponent.

Token Appearance - Jacob has 3 tokens that are all siver circles each with a unique marking.  One has a traced red and orange fire symbol, one has a traced blue and white water droplet, and the third has a traced yellow thunderbolt.

Deck
[spoiler Triple Power Destruction!]
A deck focused around the underwhelming but oversupported "hybrid" type.  The "hybrid" type is more of a mechanic than a type; basically, the card is every monster type at once (as explored in the irl Monster League Battle Pack).  Because of this, they can use every powerful type-specific card (RotA, Limiter Removal, Mezuki, etc.).  Problem?  Most things of the hybrid type are Normal monsters or have effects that go -1 or more.  Jacob uses the versitility of the hybrid monsters to help summon his three big bosses.

[spoiler=Boss cards]
Zanathos, Patron of Thunder

LIGHT 7*

Spellcaster/Synchro/Effect

1 Thunder Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters

This card is also always treated as a Thunder monster. Once per turn (Quick Effect): you can banish 1 Aqua monster from your GY and target 1 Spell/Trap on the field; negate that target's effects until the End Phase. Once per turn (Quick Effect): you can banish 1 Pyro monster from your GY and target 1 monster on the fiels; negate that target's effects, also halve that monster's ATK until the End Phase. This card gains 100 ATK and DEF for each Thunder monster in the GY.

2500/2000

Nero, the Aqua Madoor

WATER 7*

1 Aqua Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters

This card is also always treated as an Aqua monster. Once per turn (Quick Effect): you can banish 1 Thunder monster from your GY; this card cannot be targeted by card effects. Once per turn (Quick Effect): you can banish 1 Pyro monster from your GY; this card cannot be destroyed by card effects. If you have an Aqua monster in the GY: This card can declare an attack while in defense position. If it does, apply its DEF for damage calculation.

2000/3000

Braisqie, the Matron of Heat

FIRE 7*

1 Pyro Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters

This card is also always treated as a Pyro monster. Once per turn (Quick Effect): you can banish 1 Thunder monster from your GY and target 1 face-up monster; destroy that target. Once per turn (Quick Effect): you can banish 1 Aqua monster from your GY and target 1 Spell/Trap on the field; destroy that target. Once per turn, during the End Phase: Inflict 100 damage x the number of Pyro monsters in your GY.

2850/200

Misc. Information - His trio of bosses are 3 Level 7 Spellcaster Synchros that were considered garbage before the hybrid type.  Of the three, "Zanathos, Patron of Thunder" is his favorite with its shocking "Infinite Thunderbolts!" attack.  "Nero, the Aqua Madoor" is his second favorite with its cool "Absolute Zero!" move.  Finally, "Braisqie, the Matron of Heat" is his third favorite with her hot "Plasma Melting!" ability.  Besides his trio of boss monsters, his favorite card is his Secret Rare 4D-Kuriboh and its awesome power "Prism Block!".

Jacob has been trying to get his hands on "Sorcerer of Dark Magic" for months now.  Because his three bosses are Spellcasters and his deck can output (Hybrid) "Spellcasters" pretty easily, he always wanted to build a deck to summon the master magician.

Accepted.

while I personally would rather wait for at least one more person if everyone is ready we could start within the next couple of days

that is actually the function of one of the NPC's, Alex Solomon, titled "The Card Seller", is intended to be a way for everyone to add new cards once I've reviewed them (assuming they're custom) and decided on whether or not I'll allow them. since it seems I didn't put that in his Misc. Info i'll have to add that when I change the cards in your app

unless I missed them or they're actual cards that I don't know about it looks like you didn't add your characters three ace monsters? Can't accept without knowing all the customs he'll start out with.

I think he added them?

due to the small number of participants, for the time being at least, I will be allowing second character, however they will be judged harsher as managing two characters at once in a battle royal style tournament, while not necessarily harder, requires a certain understanding of how you want their individual stories to play out. they don't need to be connected directly (friends, siblings, ect.) but any second character has to be just as fleshed out as your first and isn't meant to be just a prop for your first to further their story with

Class is in session, for your first post you can either begin the project Miss Chara has given the class, socialize and observe the class (in which case I may or may not reveal other students), or question the strange note on your desk about duel monsters on the hill at recess.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/376437-yu-gi-oh-domino-elementary-icstartedaccepting/ 

Alrighty! In that case two more questions:

1. Are there any posting requirements I should know about, such as time in between posts, posting orders or minimum post size?

2. It may take me two or three days to have a character ready with a deck draft is that alright?

1.  i don't have any personal requirements, especially in this more light-hearted RP, but all the YCM RP rules apply obviously including the 100 word minimum per post

2. the amount of time it takes to make your app is nearly inconsequential, it mostly depends on how far the RP gets and, as i've said we just started, it's not likely a few days will get us to a point where adding new players is to difficult

Rhea seems distracted by her drawing ATM so i'm not sure how active Arkas' posts will be until something actually happens, there are other NPC's to interact with besides the four i've started with, Aster hasn't made an appearance and there are a couple I haven't even put in the OOC yet, so you could always place an NPC near you if you just need someone to play off of

Archived