Making Pokemon Cards

Horu

I am working on a full set of Pokemon cards and will post them when I finish. These are the standards I'm following for the most part.

Lv0: Pokemon's stat total is at 0.

Lv1: Pokemon's stat total ranges from 1-85.

Lv2: Pokemon's stat total ranges from 85-165.

Lv3: Pokemon's stat total ranges from 165-255.

Lv4: Pokemon's stat total ranges from 255‐335.

Lv5: Pokemon's stat total ranges from 335-415.

Lv6: Pokemon's stat total ranges from 415-505.

Lv7: Pokemon's stat total ranges from 505-585.

Lv8:  Pokemon's stat total ranges from 585-665.

Lv9: Pokemon's Stat total ranges from 665-755.

Lv10: Pokemon's stat total ranges from 755-835.

Lv11: Pokemon's stat total ranges from 835-915.

Lv12: Pokemon's stat total ranges from 915-1000.

This chart is to prevent any bias and forces me to acknowledge where each pokemon actually stands in terms of ATK/DEF.

Pokemon Types: Introducing Ground, Ice and Poison monsters. Other types will convert to their respective type/attribute counterparts. Pokemon like Raichu, Wigglytuff, etc. will be Ritual monsters since they require an Evolution stone. Pokemon like Slowbro, Magneton and Dugtrio will be Fusion monsters since they are made up of 2 or more pokemon. Held items are considered to be equip cards. Some attacks can may become various other spell/trap cards. Abilities can be converted to Skill cards.

Update: I'm working on custom templates for the pokemon cards. With this new template, battle damage will be inflicted to the monster and any remaining damage will be dealt to the player as backlash damage.

The pokemon cards will be set up as follows:

Name

Attribute

Type (This is either the Pokemon's species or a translation of the type)

Level/Rank/Arrows

HP/ATK/DEF

Scales (if any)

Pend. Effect (if applicable)

Card text/Effect

Go for it!

The only thing I'd recommend though is to post the cards on NCM instead of on here. I normally wouldn't bother recommending that, but I don't know if there's a way to make Spoilers on here anymore. Big sets without spoilers are a bit overwhelming to look at.

Good luck!

10 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

Go for it!

The only thing I'd recommend though is to post the cards on NCM instead of on here. I normally wouldn't bother recommending that, but I don't know if there's a way to make Spoilers on here anymore. Big sets without spoilers are a bit overwhelming to look at.

Good luck!

Thanks. I will likely post to both if possible. But yeah, a set with well over 2000 cards could be a lot to look at all at once. I might post the gallery elsewhere and simply provide a link due to the sheer size of the set I'm gonna be working on. I might do a PDF with each card and that card's info in case some cards aren't exactly readable. I think that last one might be the best route to take with this project.

4 hours ago, Problamatico said:

So does this mean you're making............Yu-Gi-Mon! *badump stsss*

I guess you could say that. Gen 1-3 are easy to work with since they match up nicely. Gen 4-6 will be..... interesting. Gen 7 and 8 will be hard since YGO is a full generation behind Pokemon so there isn't a card type that matches up yet.

Archived