Batman Archetype

Wildprince15

Hey all! I'm back after being gone for quite some time with a new archetype idea. I came up with this out of nowhere and haven't really pushed it as far as it could go yet, but I thought I'd put what I had here and see what you all think:

DK-Batman

lv.4 DARK Warrior effect monster

1500 ATK/1000 DEF

Effect: When this card is normal summoned, you can add one "DK" card from your deck to your hand. Once per turn, you can declare one card type (monster, spell, or trap), then look at the top card of your opponent's deck. If you call it correctly, set it to your field.

DK-Nightwing

Lv.4 DARK Warrior effect monster

1500 ATK/1000 DEF

Effect: If you control "DK-Batman" you can special summon this card from your hand. If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent, you can declare one card type (monster, spell, or trap), then look at one random card in your opponent's hand. If it is the declared type, add it to your hand.

DK-Catwoman

Lv. 4 DARK Warrior Effect monster

1500 ATK/ 1000 DEF

Effect: If you control "DK-Batman", you can special summon this card from your hand. When this card is summoned, you can: Add one "DK" card from your graveyard to your hand. Once per turn you can target one card in your opponent's graveyard and either: banish it, then activate its effects, OR activate one of these effects depending on the type of card that was banished by this effect (monster, spell, or trap):

Monster: "DK" monsters you control gain ATK equal to that monsters original ATK until the end of this turn.

Spell: "DK" monsters you control can attack directly this turn.

Trap: You can choose one "DK" monster you control, it gains the effects of that card in addition to its original effects.

You can only use each effect of "DK-Catwoman" once per turn.

DK-Batwoman

Lv.4 DARK Warrior Effect monster

1500 ATK/1000 DEF

Effect: If you control "DK-Batman", you can special summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, you can target one set card your opponent controls, declare one card type (monster, spell or trap), and if it is the declared type, gain control of that card.

DK-Alfred

Lv. 4 DARK Warrior effect monster

1500 ATK/1000 DEF

Effect: If you control "DK-Batman", you can special summon this card from your hand. If this card is used as material for an Xyz summon, you can draw two cards, gain 1000 life points, and discard one card. The Xyz monster's effects become the same as the discarded card's, in addition to it's own.

DK-Oracle

Lv. 6 DARK Warrior Effect monster

1500 ATK/1000 DEF

Effect: If you control an Xyz monster, you can special summon this card from your hand. When this card is summoned, you can special summon one "DK monster from your hand or deck, except another copy of "DK-Oracle" Once per turn, you can reveal the top card of your opponent's extra deck. If your opponent controls a monster of the same type (Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Link, or pendulum),  banish both the revealed card and the card on the field face down until your second standby phase, then return them to the deck. Your opponent may not special summon monsters of that type on their next turn.

DK-Beyond

Lv. 7 DARK Warrior Effect monster

3000 ATK/2000 DEF

Effect: Cannot be normal summoned or set. This card can only be special summoned from your hand by sending one "DK-Batman" you control to the graveyard. This card's name becomes "DK-Batman" while face up on the field or in the graveyard. Once per turn, you may choose one random card from your opponent's hand and have them reveal it. If it is a monster, special summon it to your field. If it is a spell, add it to your hand. If it is a trap, set it to your field. It may be activated this turn.

DK-Batarang

Equip Spell

Effect: Equip only to a "DK" monster. That monster gains 500 ATK and the following effect: "Up to twice per turn, you can target one monster your opponent controls and inflict damage equal to half that monster's original ATK. Those monsters may not attack during your opponent's next battle phase. You cannot target the same monster twice with this effect. You can only control one "DK-Batarang".

DK-Batmobile

Equip Spell

Effect: Special summon one "DK" monster from your graveyard and equip this card to it. It cannot be destroyed by battle, and any battle damage involving the equipped monster is dealt to the opponent as well.

Gotham Nights

Field Spell

Effect: Once per turn, you can declare one card type (monster, spell, or trap) then look at the top card of your opponent's deck. If it is the declared type, you can add one "DK" card from your deck to your hand. This card is always treated as a "DK" card.

DK-Bat Signal

continuous Spell

Effect: When this card is activated, add one "DK" card from your deck to your hand. Once per turn, when a spell, trap or monster effect is activated, you can declare one card type (monster, spell, or trap), then look at the top card of your opponent's deck. If it is the declared type, negate the activation and set that card to your field. Send the revealed card to the graveyard.

Hello Wildprince15. I love the fact that there's someone out there who shares the enthusiasm of the Dark Knight and mixes it with YuGiOh! I like how you use the declaration effects which, if I understand correctly, are a reference to the detective skills of our beloved superhero!

I must say, though, that I feel many of the card effects are downright lethal. Of course, this is casual, so I guess there's no need for the cards being balanced, but I still would like to bring your attention to some of them, maybe you'd like to nerf them a little bit so they are more playable unless you want to obliterate your opponent in a half a second 😉

DK-Batarang - This one has the most terrifying effect for the opponent, I think, hehe. Not only you can nuke two monsters per turn but you inflict their original ATK as direct damage. Also, it has no limitations, so you could equip two or more of these spells to a couple of DK monsters and destroy everything in your path. Consider that, if your opponent controls 4 monsters and they have an average of 2000 ATK, each, you destroy them and with the Duel! Since Batman uses this tool to stun rather than kill, here's a suggestion for the effect, if I may.

DK-Batarang

Equip only to a "DK" monster. The equipped monster gains 500 ATK and gains the following effect.

• Twice per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; inflict damage to your opponent equal to half of that monster's original ATK, and if you do, that monster cannot attack during your opponent's next Battle Phase. You cannot target the same monster more than once with this effect. You can only control 1 "DK-Batarang".

Since the foes are stunned, they cannot attack🙂

What can I say about DK-Beyond. It's ability to make your opponent reveal their hand at all times and then choose 1 of them to make them your own is well... beyond nasty. You could omit the "and every card they draw" part since when the card is added to the hand, it will be revealed anyway. Maybe you could limit the effect so you can only see a couple or cards you choose every turn.

DK-Catwoman is a little too evil. Remember that, as long as you don't give limitations to your cards with text such as You can only use each effect of "DK-Catwoman" once per turn,  you'd be able to activate the effect multiple times if you control many copies of the card for devastating effects. Say that you control 2 Catwomans, then you banish 2 of your opponent's monsters from the GY with 3000 ATK, and bam, all of your DK guys gain 6000 ATK. 

Well, this is the first time I'm posting in the YCM forums, so I hope I'm not too pushy with the suggestions, since this is Casual. I enjoyed the archetype, so please keep it up!

42 minutes ago, Rayfield Shade said:

Hello Wildprince15. I love the fact that there's someone out there who shares the enthusiasm of the Dark Knight and mixes it with YuGiOh! I like how you use the declaration effects which, if I understand correctly, are a reference to the detective skills of our beloved superhero!

I must say, though, that I feel many of the card effects are downright lethal. Of course, this is casual, so I guess there's no need for the cards being balanced, but I still would like to bring your attention to some of them, maybe you'd like to nerf them a little bit so they are more playable unless you want to obliterate your opponent in a half a second 😉

DK-Batarang - This one has the most terrifying effect for the opponent, I think, hehe. Not only you can nuke two monsters per turn but you inflict their original ATK as direct damage. Also, it has no limitations, so you could equip two or more of these spells to a couple of DK monsters and destroy everything in your path. Consider that, if your opponent controls 4 monsters and they have an average of 2000 ATK, each, you destroy them and with the Duel! Since Batman uses this tool to stun rather than kill, here's a suggestion for the effect, if I may.

DK-Batarang

Equip only to a "DK" monster. The equipped monster gains 500 ATK and gains the following effect.

• Twice per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; inflict damage to your opponent equal to half of that monster's original ATK, and if you do, that monster cannot attack during your opponent's next Battle Phase. You cannot target the same monster more than once with this effect. You can only control 1 "DK-Batarang".

Since the foes are stunned, they cannot attack🙂

What can I say about DK-Beyond. It's ability to make your opponent reveal their hand at all times and then choose 1 of them to make them your own is well... beyond nasty. You could omit the "and every card they draw" part since when the card is added to the hand, it will be revealed anyway. Maybe you could limit the effect so you can only see a couple or cards you choose every turn.

DK-Catwoman is a little too evil. Remember that, as long as you don't give limitations to your cards with text such as You can only use each effect of "DK-Catwoman" once per turn,  you'd be able to activate the effect multiple times if you control many copies of the card for devastating effects. Say that you control 2 Catwomans, then you banish 2 of your opponent's monsters from the GY with 3000 ATK, and bam, all of your DK guys gain 6000 ATK. 

Well, this is the first time I'm posting in the YCM forums, so I hope I'm not too pushy with the suggestions, since this is Casual. I enjoyed the archetype, so please keep it up!

Thank you very much for the advice. I didn't realize I was making them so broken. I never intended them to be. I just thought that making a batman Archetype would be fun and interesting. I'll take a look at them and fix them up. Glad you liked it so much!

For anyone Wondering when that Xyz is gonna show up, here it is.
DK-Gotham Knight

Rank 4 DARK Warrior Xyz monster

2000 ATK/2000 DEF

Effect: "DK" monsters you control cannot be targeted for attacks or by card effects, except this one. This card cannot be destroyed by battle, and the first time it would be destroyed by a card effect each turn, it is not destroyed. Once per turn (Quick effect): you can detach one material from this card, then declare one card type (monster, spell, or trap), and look at the top card of your opponent's deck. If it is the declared type, For the rest of this turn, the effects of "DK" cards you control become quick effects, and your opponent must pay 500 life points to summon a monster, or activate a card effect. This card's name is treated as "DK-Batman" while on the field.

3 hours ago, Wildprince15 said:

Thank you very much for the advice. I didn't realize I was making them so broken. I never intended them to be. I just thought that making a batman Archetype would be fun and interesting. I'll take a look at them and fix them up. Glad you liked it so much!

2 hours ago, Wildprince15 said:

For anyone Wondering when that Xyz is gonna show up, here it is.
DK-Gotham Knight

Rank 4 DARK Warrior Xyz monster

2000 ATK/2000 DEF

Effect: "DK" monsters you control cannot be targeted for attacks or by card effects, except this one. This card cannot be destroyed by battle, and the first time it would be destroyed by a card effect each turn, it is not destroyed. Once per turn (Quick effect): you can declare one card type (monster, spell, or trap), and look at the top card of your opponent's deck. If it is the declared type, For the rest of this turn, the effects of "DK" cards you control become quick effects, and your opponent must pay 500 life points to summon a monster, or activate a card effect.

You're very welcome! By the way, I just looked at the Xyz, that dude is hard to take down. You might want to add the classic detach material stuff

Once per turn: You can detach 1 material from this card, then declare 1 card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap); look at the top card of your opponent's Deck, and if it is of the declared type, for the rest of this turn, the effects of "DK" monsters become Quick Effects, also your opponent pays 500 LP each time they Summon a monster or activate a card or effect.

Hey, I'm looking forward to a DK Nemesis-Poison Ivy, Wildprince, you can't just leave her out! She might be able to take control of your opponent's monsters after the declare card type stuff. Not to mention a DK Nemesis - Joker. His effects have to be wild! What do you think?

2 hours ago, Rayfield Shade said:

You're very welcome! By the way, I just looked at the Xyz, that dude is hard to take down. You might want to add the classic detach material stuff

Once per turn: You can detach 1 material from this card, then declare 1 card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap); look at the top card of your opponent's Deck, and if it is of the declared type, for the rest of this turn, the effects of "DK" monsters become Quick Effects, also your opponent pays 500 LP each time they Summon a monster or activate a card or effect.

Hey, I'm looking forward to a DK Nemesis-Poison Ivy, Wildprince, you can't just leave her out! She might be able to take control of your opponent's monsters after the declare card type stuff. Not to mention a DK Nemesis - Joker. His effects have to be wild! What do you think?

Thank you for reminding me. I forgot Xyz have to do that. I kind of imagine Gotham Knight as Batman looking down on Gotham at night. If you get caught doing crime, you get punished. (The 500 life point damage) And with Alfred's effect, you can turn him into a statue negate. I was considering putting his villains in, but I decided against it. But now that you've given me ideas, I can't disappoint! Look forward to more support! I'm gonna have fun thinking up Joker!

Another Xyz incoming! Last one for today!

DK Nemesis-Poison Ivy

Rank 4 EARTH Plant Xyz monster

2000 ATK/2000 DEF

Effect: Immediately after the effect of a "DK" monster you control that involves declaring a card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap) is called correctly and resolved: You can detach 1 material from this card, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; negate it's effects, also it becomes Plant-type, its ATK becomes 0, it cannot attack, it cannot change battle position, it cannot be destroyed by battle and it cannot be used as material for a Summon. You can only activate this effect of "DK-Nemesis - Poison Ivy" once per turn, and only twice per Duel.

Hell yeah! You even used the name I suggested, I'm flattered! By the way, it's funny how I actually have a Trap Card in my original Deck which does a similar effect compared to Poison Ivy. It's a Trap that gets stronger for each different Attribute you control when you activate it, to the point you make the target a punching bag with 0 ATK, no effect and unable to leave the field or change position. Can you believe the similarity?

Anyway, no pressure if, since you didn't want to add the evildoers originally, you don't want to create more, but it's cool how you decided to add a couple of em' due to my suggestion, thanks for that.

I hope you don't mind if I help a little with Poison Ivy's lore

Immediately after the effect of a "DK" monster you control that involves declaring a card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap) is called correctly and resolved: You can detach 1 material from this card, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; negate it's effects, also it becomes Plant, its ATK becomes 0, it cannot attack, it cannot change battle position, it cannot be destroyed by battle and it cannot be used as material for a Summon. You can only activate this effect of "DK-Nemesis - Poison Ivy" once per turn, and only twice per Duel.

Of course, you can drop the last limitation if you don't like it, it's just so you cannot mess up your opponen't field so badly with brainless monsters who can't lift a finger because they're ogling at Poison Ivy😉

5 hours ago, Rayfield Shade said:

Hell yeah! You even used the name I suggested, I'm flattered! By the way, it's funny how I actually have a Trap Card in my original Deck which does a similar effect compared to Poison Ivy. It's a Trap that gets stronger for each different Attribute you control when you activate it, to the point you make the target a punching bag with 0 ATK, no effect and unable to leave the field or change position. Can you believe the similarity?

Anyway, no pressure if, since you didn't want to add the evildoers originally, you don't want to create more, but it's cool how you decided to add a couple of em' due to my suggestion, thanks for that.

I hope you don't mind if I help a little with Poison Ivy's lore

Immediately after the effect of a "DK" monster you control that involves declaring a card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap) is called correctly and resolved: You can detach 1 material from this card, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; negate it's effects, also it becomes Plant, its ATK becomes 0, it cannot attack, it cannot change battle position, it cannot be destroyed by battle and it cannot be used as material for a Summon. You can only activate this effect of "DK-Nemesis - Poison Ivy" once per turn, and only twice per Duel.

Of course, you can drop the last limitation if you don't like it, it's just so you cannot mess up your opponen't field so badly with brainless monsters who can't lift a finger because they're ogling at Poison Ivy😉

I apologize for the long wait. I will do one more, unless I think up some more for more villains.

31 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

I'm amazed Poison Ivy doesn't have some form of protection while you control plant monsters or an effect to give plant monsters a nice power boost.

I intend for all my archetypes to be played pure. I will never put a generic effect on any of my monsters. 

A final (ish) Xyz monster for the archetype

DK Arch-nemesis- Joker
Rank 4 Dark Spellcaster Xyz  monster

2000 ATK/2000 DEF

Effect: Thrice per turn, This card cannot be destroyed by card effects (once for each card type, monster, spell, and trap.)  Immediately after the effect of a "DK" monster you control that involves declaring a card type (monster, spell, or trap) is called correctly and resolved, you can detach one Xyz material from this card, roll a six sided die, and activate one of these these effects, depending on the number rolled:

1-2: Reveal your opponent's hand. they take damage equal to the number of cards of the declared type in their hand and on their field x400.

3-4: Look at the top three cards of their deck. Any cards of the declared type are banished, face down

5-6: Look at the top five cards of your opponent's deck. If each of them match the card type called, banish the revealed cards and all cards your opponent controls, face down. (Effect in progress.)

1 hour ago, Wildprince15 said:

I intend for all my archetypes to be played pure. I will never put a generic effect on any of my monsters. 

But doesn't Poison Ivy make her own plants? Like she has made plant golems and sentient vines to serve whatever purpose she can think of.

Maybe she could summon tokens of some sort that prevent her from becoming an attack target?

15 hours ago, Wildprince15 said:

A final (ish) Xyz monster for the archetype

DK Arch-nemesis- Joker

2000 ATK/2000 DEF

Effect: Thrice per turn, This card cannot be destroyed by card effects (once for each card type, monster, spell, and trap.)  Immediately after the effect of a "DK" monster you control that involves declaring a card type (monster, spell, or trap) is called correctly and resolved, you can detach one Xyz material from this card, roll a six sided die, and activate one of these these effects, depending on the number rolled:

1-2: Reveal your opponent's hand. they take damage equal to the number of cards of the declared type in their hand and on their field.

3-4: Look at the top three cards of their deck. Any cards of the declared type are banished, face down

5-6: Look at the top five cards of your opponent's deck. If each of them match the card type called, banish all cards your opponent controls, as well as all cards revealed this way, face down. (Effect in progress.)

Ok, the arch-nemesis is here at last. In the first effect of the die roll, I think you forgot to add how much damage you inflict per matched card, more or less like this

The first time this card would be destroyed by each of the three card type effects (Monster, Spell, and Trap) each turn, it is not destroyed. Immediately after the effect of a "DK" monster you control that involves declaring a card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap) is called collectly and resolved: You can detach 1 material from this card, then roll a six-sided die; apply 1 of the following effects, based on the result.

1, 2: Look at your opponent's hand, and if you do, your opponent takes damage equal to the number of cards in their hand and field that are of that declared type x 300/500/100000 or whathever you want.

3, 4: Look at the top 3 cards of your opponent's Deck, and if any of them are of that declared type, banish them, face-down

5, 6: Reveal the top 5 cards of your opponent's Deck, and if all of them are of that declared type, banish those revealed cards and all cards your opponent controls, face-down.

By the way, saying "if it is / if they are.... that type seems to be the official way of wording these effects, although it doesn't sound as good, IMO.

P.D. Please, don't use a Jared Leto-based Joker for the card's artwork, 😂

9 minutes ago, Rayfield Shade said:

Ok, the arch-nemesis is here at last. In the first effect of the die roll, I think you forgot to add how much damage you inflict per matched card, more or less like this

The first time this card would be destroyed by each of the three card type effects (Monster, Spell, and Trap) each turn, it is not destroyed. Immediately after the effect of a "DK" monster you control that involves declaring a card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap) is called collectly and resolved: You can detach 1 material from this card, then roll a six-sided die; apply 1 of the following effects, based on the result.

1, 2: Look at your opponent's hand, and if you do, your opponent takes damage equal to the number of cards in their hand and field that are of that declared type x 300/500/100000 or whathever you want.

3, 4: Look at the top 3 cards of your opponent's Deck, and if any of them are of that declared type, banish them, face-down

5, 6: Reveal the top 5 cards of your opponent's Deck, and if all of them are of that declared type, banish the revealed cards and all cards your opponent controls, face-down.

By the way, saying "if it is / if they are.... that type seems to be the official way of wording these effects, although it doesn't sound as good, IMO.

P.D. Please, don't use a Jared Leto-based Joker for the card's artwork, 😂

Thank you for telling me that. And yeah, he looks bad. The reason I have effect in progress at 5-6 is because I'm still trying to come up with something that fits him well. I was literally gonna give him the effect to destroy all cards on the field, then either gain attack equal to the combined ATK of all "DK" monsters destroyed by this effect, or give control of him to your opponent and lock down the duel for two turns, save for effect damage as a win condition. Essentially give Joker to your opponent, they can do nothing for 2 turns, and if either player takes effect damage during those two turns after that, that player loses the duel.

1 minute ago, Wildprince15 said:

Thank you for telling me that. And yeah, he looks bad. The reason I have effect in progress at 5-6 is because I'm still trying to come up with something that fits him well. I was literally gonna give him the effect to destroy all cards on the field, then either gain attack equal to the combined ATK of all "DK" monsters destroyed by this effect, or give control of him to your opponent and lock down the duel for two turns, save for effect damage as a win condition. Essentially give Joker to your opponent, they can do nothing for 2 turns, and if either player takes effect damage during those two turns after that, that player loses the duel.

That last effect sounds insane, which is perfect, since we're talking about the Joker. Remember that, "some men just want to watch the world burn.” So you burn your opponent's chance of winning

41 minutes ago, Rayfield Shade said:

That last effect sounds insane, which is perfect, since we're talking about the Joker. Remember that, "some men just want to watch the world burn.” So you burn your opponent's chance of winning

Thanks! I'll type it out here as an Alternate Effect:

DK Arch-nemesis- Joker

2000 ATK/2000 DEF

Effect: Thrice per turn, This card cannot be destroyed by card effects (once for each card type, monster, spell, and trap.)  Immediately after the effect of a "DK" monster you control that involves declaring a card type (monster, spell, or trap) is called correctly and resolved, you can detach all Xyz material from this card, roll a six sided die, and activate one of these these effects, depending on the number rolled:

1-2: Reveal your opponent's hand. they take damage equal to the number of cards of the declared type in their hand and on their field x400.

5-6: Destroy all cards on the field, except this card and "DK-Batman", then your opponent takes control of this card, and if they do, if a player takes effect damage during the next two turns, that player loses the Duel. While your opponent controls this card, the monsters your opponent Summons cannot attack or activate effects. During your opponent's second Standby Phase after this effect is activated, take control of this card

Hey! You didn't use the wording I suggested man, lol. Well anyway...

Destroy all cards on the field, except this card and "DK-Batman", then your opponent takes control of this card, and if they do, if a player takes effect damage during the next two turns, that player loses the Duel. While your opponent controls this card, the monsters your opponent Summons cannot attack or activate effects. During your opponent's second Standby Phase after this effect is activated, take control of this card.

*Pant* more or less like this. What do you think? I ommited the "cannot be used as material" since its hard to use a Xyz Monster as material by the opponent unless they Summon a bigger Xyz, so its up to you. Also, since this effect is so badass, consider detaching BOTH materials from this card to roll the die

2 minutes ago, Rayfield Shade said:

Hey! You didn't use the wording I suggested man, lol. Well anyway...

Destroy all cards on the field, except this card and "DK-Batman", then your opponent takes control of this card, and if they do, if a player takes effect damage during the next two turns, that player loses the Duel. While your opponent controls this card, the monsters your opponent Summons cannot attack or activate effects. During your opponent's second Standby Phase after this effect is activated, take control of this card.

*Pant* more or less like this. What do you think? I ommited the "cannot be used as material" since its hard to use a Xyz Monster as material by the opponent unless they Summon a bigger Xyz, so its up to you. Also, since this effect is so badass, consider detaching BOTH materials from this card to roll the die

You can use any monster as material for anything unless it directly says you can't. That being said you can't use an Xyz monster as material for a synchro summon because it doesn't have a level. And we have things called Link monsters now, that can just throw the card away, making its effect useless.

4 minutes ago, Wildprince15 said:

It's fine. I'm gonna be make more archetypes later, so please look forward to those!

Sure thing man. I hope some of my stuff helped. I'm no expert, by the way, but I'd say my card grammar is decent enough to try and help other people, though I'm still learning as well. I've been receiving help as of lately too, so it's just a matter of everyone helping each other so we can create the best possible cards.😊

Archived