Duel Portal Closed?

Lightning775

Question

7 answers to this question

I like the idea of Duel Portal and I like the idea that it was a CCG made by a community that understands the game.

If you look at the CCG in DuelingBook, most of community has no idea what a balanced card is when it comes to making their own stuff.

The point of making custom cards is so you can play with them. But if you have intentions of mixing with the TCG/OCG, you should probably weigh your custom cards against that format and that'll help you figure out what to do with them.

2 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

I like the idea of Duel Portal and I like the idea that it was a CCG made by a community that understands the game.

If you look at the CCG in DuelingBook, most of community has no idea what a balanced card is when it comes to making their own stuff.

The point of making custom cards is so you can play with them. But if you have intentions of mixing with the TCG/OCG, you should probably weigh your custom cards against that format and that'll help you figure out what to do with them.

I've been to DuelingBook and most of the DB community has no idea how to balance a card. 

18 minutes ago, Lightning775 said:

I've been to DuelingBook and most of the DB community has no idea how to balance a card. 

I'm working on a project but it might take a year or two to catch up to the current card pool but it will have EVERY card available on some point.

27 minutes ago, Lightning775 said:

That's a good idea.  Keep up the good work!

Well, the project was originally for 2 communities but the site for the other community died and I'm not gonna make an app for a community that's hanging by a thread that is a private discord server. So I figure why not make it for the YCM/NCM community.

5 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Well, the project was originally for 2 communities but the site for the other community died and I'm not gonna make an app for a community that's hanging by a thread that is a private discord server. So I figure why not make it for the YCM/NCM community.

That's great.

I don't think it formally "closed" (you can still access the site, correct?), but I'm unsure if the community is active any more.  I can imagine that if the community was still around, a lot of them may have moved to Duelingbook as it also allows custom cards and has a more usable interface.

Archived