Link Express

yamiyugi111

I am trying to find out if there is a better way of wording this effect or if I should make it a cost continuous trap like "Mirror Wall". Help appreciated

178642694_createcard(29).jpeg.2c21583134ba170e9608b7e4a2be1010.jpeg

Trap Card "Link Express"

This card cannot be activated if both Extra Monster Zones are occupied. During your opponent's turn, if a card effect controlled by your opponent targets a card(s) you control, activate this card to negate that effect and destroy that card. Then immediately after, Special Summon 2 monsters from your graveyard and Link Summon a Link 2 monster in one of the Extra Monster Zones. Cards you control are unaffected by card effects for the rest of this turn.

Before I can help with wording, I'm a little confused on how the card works. You Special Summon 2 monsters, but you cannot use both monsters because both Extra Monster Zones have to be occupied? What happens if your opponent controls both monsters in the EMZ?

It just feels like the card would be better suited without the first condition -OR- if you had to use the 2 monsters in the EMZs for a Link Summon.

On 1/2/2020 at 9:42 PM, Tinkerer said:

Before I can help with wording, I'm a little confused on how the card works. You Special Summon 2 monsters, but you cannot use both monsters because both Extra Monster Zones have to be occupied? What happens if your opponent controls both monsters in the EMZ?

It just feels like the card would be better suited without the first condition -OR- if you had to use the 2 monsters in the EMZs for a Link Summon.

Nah. It cant be activated if both EMZ are being used. Either by you or your opponent

Oh! Huh, I somehow read it really wrong. For some reason I thought it said "must" instead of "cannot".

Hmm... Maybe I just filled in the thought because if your intention was to use the Summoned monsters to Link, then having the "cannot" condition makes the card redundant. No excuse though. Either way, if you have to Summon to the EMZ, that first condition doesn't really need to be on the card.

Archived