Statutist Archetype [WRITTEN]

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

Decided to get back on this. Had the idea a while ago but I had trouble implementing it so I just put it aside. It's still not "complete" and I may rework it from the ground up, but I figured I might as well post what I have.

The deck runs on one simple premise: make an archetype that never starts a chain. This premise leads to lots of odd consequences and the odd premise is mostly why everything is written weirdly.

Anyways, enough jabbering: onto the cards! 

Statutist Tripitak-A

WIND ****

Thunder/Effect

If you control a "Statutist" Spell, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. After a "Statutist" monster is Summoned or a "Statutist" Spell is activated, add 1 "Statutist" card from your Deck to your hand immediately after the Summon/activation resolves. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) If a "Statutist" card(s) you control would be destroyed, you can banish this card from your GY instead.

1800/1500

Statutist Tripitak-I

WIND ****

Thunder/Effect

During your Main Phase, while your LP are lower than your opponent's, you can Normal Summon 1 "Statutist" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) When a "Statutist" monster is sent to your GY, Special Summon 1 "Statutist Thuggee Token" (Thunder/WIND/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 1000) in defense position to each player's side of the field. (Players that control "Statutist Thuggee Token(s)" must pay 200 LP for each in order to activate a Spell, Trap, or Monster effect. You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

1600/1600

Statutist Tripitak-O

WIND ****

Thunder/Effect

If all the monsters you control (min. 1) are "Statutist" monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Each time a "Statutist" Spell is activated, Special Summon 1 "Statutist Thuggee Token" (Thunder/WIND/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 1000) in defense position to your opponent's side of the field when that Spell resolves. (Players that control "Statutist Thuggee Token(s)" must pay 200 LP for each in order to activate a Spell, Trap, or Monster effect.)

700/2000

Statutist Sanctum

Field Spell

This card's activation cannot be negated. If you have not activated any monster effects this turn, all monsters you control gain 600 ATK. After a "Statutist" monster (except a Token) is Summoned, draw 1 card then place 1 card from your hand on the bottom of your Deck when the Summon resolves.

Statutist Karma

Continuous Spell

This card's activation cannot be negated. Destroy this card if you activate a monster effect. During your Standby Phase, return this card to your hand. "Statutist" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects. During your opponent's Standby Phase, all monsters your opponent controls gain this effect:

- At the end of the Standby Phase: Pay 100 LP; Shuffle your Deck.

Statutist Dukkha

Continuous Spell

This card's activation cannot be negated. Destroy this card if you activate a monster effect. During your Standby Phase, return this card to your hand. "Statutist" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle. If you control more monsters than your opponent when this card is activated, Special Summon a number of "Statutist Thuggee Tokens" (Thunder/WIND/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 1000) in defense position to your opponent's side of the field up to the number of monsters you control. (Players that control "Statutist Thuggee Token(s)" must pay 200 LP for each in order to activate a Spell, Trap, or Monster effect.)

Statutist Zen

Continuous Spell

This card's activation cannot be negated. Destroy this card if you activate a monster effect. During your Standby Phase, return this card to your hand. "Statutist" monsters you control cannot be targeted by card effects. Monsters that use "Statutist Thuggee Tokens" as Material cannot attack or activate their effects this turn.

I couldn't help but smile evilly while reading this, these Statutist guys seem to be annoying as hell! I particularly enjoyed how you cleverly avoid effects that start a chain by using Continuous effects, Built-in Special Summons an' stuff. And those protective Spells, so exasperating and difficult to take down, all the while your opponent drowns in damaging Thuggee Tokens. Ugh, I don't know if I wanna play against these guys or not, but nice synergy, good stuff!

Archived