Blue-Eyes White Dragon (Rush Duel)

4e5b257b.jpg?resize=208%2C300&ssl=1

Blue-Eyes White Dragon
Level 8 LIGHT Dragon Normal Monster
ATK 3000
DEF 2500
高い攻撃力を誇る伝説のドラゴン。 どんな相手でも粉砕する、その破壊力は計り知れない。
(A Legendary Dragon with high ATK. Its destructive might which lets it crush any foe is immeasurable.)

This is the same flavor text as per usual for Blue-Eyes in Japan. As as far as we can, nothing about it has been changed from a technical perspective.

It is noted Rush Duel Cards are designed to make the art much bigger, while making the Level, ATK and DEF bigger and thus clearer.

https://ygorganization.com/blueeyesrushdragon/

So here is finally a non-proxy version of the Rush Duel cards, so this is the closest we get for now, also hey it's Blue-Eyes as a Rush Duel card, that is kind of neat. Oh, and we go some other new information as well, that you use only 3 Monster Zones: https://ygorganization.com/sevens-rush-duel-number-of-monster-zones/

1 hour ago, Tinkerer said:

I didn't mind the glimpses of some of the other cards, but this looks particularly Toon-y. Maybe I'm just used to BEWD alt arts getting more and more detailed.

Eh, I'll get used to it.

It seems like an homage to the original version, which did look a bit silly in retrospect. Well hey, knowing Konami it won't be long until we get another version.

1 hour ago, Zaziuma said:

It seems like an homage to the original version, which did look a bit silly in retrospect. Well hey, knowing Konami it won't be long until we get another version.

That's what I was thinking, that it was reminiscent of the original art, but hey at least it doesn't have a fucking tablet in the background.

21 minutes ago, ~British Soul~ said:

That's what I was thinking, that it was reminiscent of the original art, but hey at least it doesn't have a fucking tablet in the background.

You know the stone tablet in the background of Blue-Eyes and Dark Magician is a referrence of the tablet depicting the duel between Priest Seto and Atem, right? But yeah, this artwork is to pay homage to the original artwork of Blue-Eyes (Bluish) White Dragon. Although the original artwork actually had a white dragon, this dragon is more bluish in color.

12 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

You know the stone tablet in the background of Blue-Eyes and Dark Magician is a reference of the tablet depicting the duel between Priest Seto and Atem, right? But yeah, this artwork is to pay homage to the original artwork of Blue-Eyes (Bluish) White Dragon. Although the original artwork actually had a white dragon, this dragon is more bluish in color.

You know I was talking about it from a reprint standpoint right? In the past whenever Blue-Eyes got a reprint, it was usually the tablet art that got reprinted. At least Konami stopped doing that as of late, but it was irritating at the time.
(Then they did so again in Speed Duels)

Just now, ~British Soul~ said:

You know I was talking about it from a reprint standpoint right? In the past whenever Blue-Eyes got a reprint, it was the tablet art that got reprinted. At least Konami stopped doing that as of late, but it was irritating at the time.

Yeah. I wish they would've left the tablet artwork alone for that one set instead of reprinting it a million times. But yeah, I like the referrencing of that duel between Seto amd Atem.

Just now, Horu Ishayuki said:

Yeah. I wish they would've left the tablet artwork alone for that one set instead of reprinting it a million times. But yeah, I like the referencing of that duel between Seto and Atem.

I'm not denying that it was a nice nod to that showdown when it first came out, but yeah the 20 billion reprints of it rubbed people the wrong way.

6 minutes ago, ~British Soul~ said:

I'm not denying that it was a nice nod to that showdown when it first came out, but yeah the 20 billion reprints of it rubbed people the wrong way.

I don't mind cards being reprinted but I want fresh art everytime. I understand that Takahashi doesn't revolve his day around redrawing BEWD and that being the most recent artwork at the time is probably why it was reprinted for every re-release of the card after that point. Seeing that artwork a gajillion times must've annoyed Takahashi as well since he released like 50 more BEWD artworks since then.

Just now, Horu Ishayuki said:

I don't mind cards being reprinted but I want fresh art everytime. I understand that Takahashi doesn't revolve his day around redrawing BEWD and that being the most recent artwork at the time is probably why it was reprinted for every re-release of the card after that point. Seeing that artwork a gajillion times must've annoyed Takahashi as well since he released like 50 more BEWD artworks since then.

That is true, which is why I thought it was cool seeing the new alt arts from DUPO (and tbf I don't mind alternating art for reprints if a card has more than 1 art), but yeah going back to Blue-Eyes thing, I imagine it would've been annoying for Takahashi when during the period of 2010-2015, EVERY reprint of Blue-Eyes was that same art, and there were 6 of them in that time period.

12 minutes ago, ~British Soul~ said:

That is true, which is why I thought it was cool seeing the new alt arts from DUPO (and tbf I don't mind alternating art for reprints if a card has more than 1 art), but yeah going back to Blue-Eyes thing, I imagine it would've been annoying for Takahashi when during the period of 2010-2015, EVERY reprint of Blue-Eyes was that same art, and there were 6 of them in that time period.

Yeah, now imagine that 1000+ copies of a card being made and knowing that specific artwork now has like 6000+ copies. I know this is a wild understatement but still gets the point across.

Archived