Blue-Eyes Divine Shining Dragon

Shadowring

Huh... a sensible and likable card...

Summoning condition is tricky but its good that its there. The rest of the effect is...acceptable.  By the time this went live, it has 5500 which enough to be the end game for all the problem you gone through to make it. The Banish is...cute but servicable to ensure grind game against opponent that has better stuff without being over-bearing

An overkill card. If you have not already won with a Blue-Eyes Fusion and Ritual on board, chances are this card will do little to give you the victory, or you are doing something wrong. And even if it could, you have to get this card on your hand or GY too which, granted, shouldn't be a problem with the search power Blue-Eyes have, but it still is a potentially dead card in your Deck and hand.

21 hours ago, Darj said:

An overkill card. If you have not already won with a Blue-Eyes Fusion and Ritual on board, chances are this card will do little to give you the victory, or you are doing something wrong. And even if it could, you have to get this card on your hand or GY too which, granted, shouldn't be a problem with the search power Blue-Eyes have, but it still is a potentially dead card in your Deck and hand.

Well it still have immunity to almost anything even ksijus, plus a banish effect if leaves the field, so I think it would be worthy to run this card at least at 1 copie.

I mean, both of 'em have a point. From a design standpoint, this card is "sensible and likable". The card's inane Summon condition perfectly justifies its absolutely broken effect.

That said, Blue-Eyes don't need an overkill card like this. It's already an archetype of boss monsters that have a high power ceiling. Adding another brick to the deck to increase that ceiling does not help the deck.

Considering this is Advanced, I'd have to side with Darj on this one. This doesn't really add anything that B-E wants/needs to be meta relevant.

While I like the card as a whole, I'd likely just opt to summon Shining Dragon since most Blue-Eyes Fusions require me to drop 2 or 3 copies of BEWD for the summon. I mean, if I had Burst out with Paladin, sure, I'll summon this. But if I have Ultimate and Paladin, I'm summoning Shining Dragon and activating a recycle card to drop Paladin for BEWD. So yeah, by the time you summon 2 Blue-Eyes and haven't pretty much locked your opponent into a no comeback state, you likely did something very wrong. Allow me to explain. If you get a chance to summon to summon a second BEWD even, then you did something wrong. Blue-Eyes before all the support was one of the few vanillas that could stand against the metas because almost nothing could match it for power. So generally, even back then, summoning Ultimate was overkill and Shining was a step further. I'm saying Blue-Eyes has a lot of support that, while appreciated, isn't really needed. So to be fair, I did 100 duels with a BEWD deck and only summoned Ultimate Dragon twice and Shining Dragon once. But every other duel where I dropped BEWD was pretty much a sweep. Dropping a second and third is just for the sake of going full Seto on the opponent.

On the second reviewing, yeah i agree with Darj too at the end. Burst and Chaos MAX already have a good job being a game-enders. In fact summoning this is kinda akward, its a near equally good game-ender but at the time its just overkill

If anything when make the 1st review, probs i was made Biased due to you often making Overpowered Stuff that not really likable since its way obviously custom-tailored to solve either solve the way specific problem of your deck or defend combo//strategy that you think should work instead of making cards generally solves other players problem 

As the aloof one said, its cost justifies its effects. I made this card to be an ultimate boss monsters, so if youre facing an kaiju or monsters like ultimate tyranno you will have hard times, so summon this would garantee your win. I do know this card doesnt solve all blue eyes problems, but it can be really solved by creating a card that special summon a ritual and a fusion respectively from deck and extra deck, ignoring its summoning conditions.

Archived