Twin-Headed Tyrant Rex [Written]

Thomas★Zero

Twin-Headed Tyrant Rex
lv 8 EARTH
Dinosaur/Fusion/Effect
2 Dinosaur monsters
If this card is Fusion Summoned: Add 1 "Lost World" from your Deck or GY to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Twin-Headed Tyrant Rex" once per turn. This card can attack twice during each of your Battle Phases. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage. 
ATK/2600 DEF/2200

So a generic Dinosaur Fusion based on the classic Twin-Headed King Rex used by Rex Raptor which allows you to search lost world when fusion summoned in addition to being able to attack twice and inflict piercing damage.

Mostly good for countering Dinosaurs by running Super Poly basically, because Dinos rarely jump into Fusions. Heck, even Dinowrestlers kind of tried, but I don't see Fusion variants of them around.
I find cool that it can grab the Field Spell from both Deck and GY, keeps the effect alive even after the deck runs out of Lost Worlds.
Double attack + piercing for big battle damage, huh. It's potent and yet I cannot shake off the vibe that it's a rather bland pairing. But double attacking and damage is how some big Dinosaurs roll, so it's fitting. However, I'm surprised it's not based on Ultimate Tyranno instead.

I really like the synergy between the tokens from Lost World and Twin-Headed Tyrant Rex´s pearcing battle damage. While it is not a boss monster, it certainly feels like a threat, especially when protected by Lost World. It´s a shame that it is currently difficult to summon in a dinosaur deck. My suggestion is to make a contact fusion possible, maybe only when certain conditions are met, but even without a restriction on that the card should be fine.

That's not advisable, IMO. Dinos already are top tier contenders and their power is gauged by the banlist, which means they can become stronger at any given time. If this was a Contact Fusion, it would push their ceiling even higher and potentially guarantee their victory when going 2nd due to the big damage it can inflict, on top of big Dinos like Ultimate Conductor Tyranno.

Archived