Tornado Dragon x1

Bagooska x2

Side Deck: 15

Lancea x3

Moon Mirror Shield x3

Evenly Matched x3

Mask Of Restrict x3

Imperial Iron Wall x3

I decided to add some variety to thunder family deck. Suggestions?

thunder variety.jpg

Not quite sure about the effectiveness of Wattgiraffe here.
I strongly recommend 1 Utopia Double, 1 regular Utopia and 1 Double or Nothing. As a Rank4 deck you should be able to Summon Utopia Double with relative consistency and go for an OTK to take a game.
You are maining a handful of board-breakers (Raigeki, Lightning Storm, Dark Ruler No More) but no disruption (e.g. Ash Blossom, Veiler, Impermanence, Nibiru) nor anti-disruption (e.g. Called by the Grave, Crossout Designator). Usually board-breakers are sided and disruptions and anti-disruptions are mained. I would side Denko Sekka too because it's not live vs. every deck.
Some utility Links would be nice, at least Knightmare Phoenix and Unicorn. Since you run Tuners, Halqifribrax could be funny too, but would require you to invest space on other Tuners and Synchro Tuners.
Not a fan of One Day of Peace. If you need draw power, you can consider Pot of Desires.
Finally, a silly idea but you could find a way to run Thunder Dragon Fusion for the search effect in the GY, but without Colossus in TCG, I don't think it's possible to arrange anything like a consistent Thunder Dragon engine.

On 4/5/2020 at 4:11 PM, Darj said:

Not quite sure about the effectiveness of Wattgiraffe here.
I strongly recommend 1 Utopia Double, 1 regular Utopia and 1 Double or Nothing. As a Rank4 deck you should be able to Summon Utopia Double with relative consistency and go for an OTK to take a game.
You are maining a handful of board-breakers (Raigeki, Lightning Storm, Dark Ruler No More) but no disruption (e.g. Ash Blossom, Veiler, Impermanence, Nibiru) nor anti-disruption (e.g. Called by the Grave, Crossout Designator). Usually board-breakers are sided and disruptions and anti-disruptions are mained. I would side Denko Sekka too because it's not live vs. every deck.
Some utility Links would be nice, at least Knightmare Phoenix and Unicorn. Since you run Tuners, Halqifribrax could be funny too, but would require you to invest space on other Tuners and Synchro Tuners.
Not a fan of One Day of Peace. If you need draw power, you can consider Pot of Desires.
Finally, a silly idea but you could find a way to run Thunder Dragon Fusion for the search effect in the GY, but without Colossus in TCG, I don't think it's possible to arrange anything like a consistent Thunder Dragon engine.

I think utopia double is good, but the fact that I cannot attack direcly sounds a bit akward. Also his spell card sounds too situational. As for disruptions, I honestly preffer solemn brigade, but your opitions are good as well. I think this deck doesnt work too well with links. I dont like pot of desires, as many time it let me without the decks resources. And yes, without collossus, thunder dragon isnt an option in this deck. btw, I just made another build of this deck, a ties build.

Main Deck: 40

Monsters: 21

Pahunder x3

Mahunder x3

Brohunder x3

Sishunder x2

Thunder Sea Horse x3

Vylon Prism x2

Wattgiraffe x2

Honest x2

Zap Mustung x1

Spells: 8

Recycling Bateries x2

Ties Of The Brethren x3

Lightning Storm x2

Raigeki x1

Traps: 11

Mirror Force x1

Blazing Mirror Force x1

Storming Mirror Force x1

Drowning Mirror Force x1

Quaking Mirror Force x1

Solemn Strike x3

Solemn Judgement x3

Extra Deck: 15

Stardust Dragon x1

Draco Berserker Of The Tenyi x1

Number 39: Utopia x2

Number S39: Utopia Prime x2

Number S39: Utopia Lightning x2

Starliege Paladynamo x1

Castel, The Skyblader musketeer x1

Abyss Dweller x1

Gagaga Cowboy x1

Tornado Dragon x1

Number41: Bagooska The Terribly Tired Tapir x2

Side Deck: 15

Artifact Lancea x3

Moon Mirror Shield x3

Evenly Matched x3

Mask Of Restrict x3

Imperial Iron Wall x3

Thought about Ties of Brethren too but I don't see it working well in the deck since you have to Xyz Summon if you want to make any major play, and Ties won't let you even if you field 2 more monsters. If you go for the Ties route, you may as well play floodgate or stun Thunders like Zap Mustung, Lightning Rod Lord, Thunderclap Monk, in addition to the Rai-Oh already in the Deck.
I suggested The Utopia Double + Double or Nothing! to take games that otherwise you would lose because of the lower ceiling the deck has compared to stronger decks.
A Link monster to consider is Infinitrack Fortress Megaclops, which requires 3 Xyzs as material. On the off-chance you have 3 Xyzs on board, you drop it for a major push. Speaking of Xyzs, Link Monsters are also good to make use of Xyzs without materials.

6 minutes ago, Darj said:

Thought about Ties of Brethren too but I don't see it working well in the deck since you have to Xyz Summon if you want to make any major play, and Ties won't let you even if you field 2 more monsters. If you go for the Ties route, you may as well play floodgate or stun Thunders like Zap Mustung, Lightning Rod Lord, Thunderclap Monk, in addition to the Rai-Oh already in the Deck.
I suggested The Utopia Double + Double or Nothing! to take games that otherwise you would lose because of the lower ceiling the deck has compared to stronger decks.
A Link monster to consider is Infinitrack Fortress Megaclops, which requires 3 Xyzs as material. On the off-chance you have 3 Xyzs on board, you drop it for a major push. Speaking of Xyzs, Link Monsters are also good to make use of Xyzs without materials.

Well Ties route  its just a secondary option is this one build and also zap mustung is already on the deck. As for other floodgates they are very effective when out, but its just  makes the decks slower in my build.  As for monsters with high attacks I can summon castel or paladynamo to out it or just defend myself with one of the mirror forces. This link boss seens pretty good, but almost unlikely in my deck. Also What links could help to summon xyz without materials? Sounds like a good idea for otk potential.

Archived