[ROTD] Chaos Ruler the Chaotic Demonic Dragon

EVM43n4U0AICZzY.jpg?resize=300,216&ssl=1

ROTD-JP043 Konton Maryu Chaos Ruler (Chaos Ruler the Chaotic Demonic Dragon)
Level 8 DARK Dragon Synchro Effect Monster
ATK 3000
DEF 2500
Materials: 1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
You can only use the (1) and (2) effects of this card’s name each once per turn.
(1) If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can excavate the top 5 cards of your Deck, and if you do, add excavated 1 LIGHT or DARK monster to your hand, also send the remaining cards to the GY.
(2) You can banish 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster from your hand and/or GY; Special Summon this card from the GY, but it is banished if it leaves the field.

Source: https://ygorganization.com/inheritorofthecrownofchaos/

At first I thought it was underwhelming because nowadays there are appealing generic Synchro8s like Overload Savage Dragon and the Tenyi Synchro, plus this is dependent on mill-happy DARK, LIGHT and Chaos Decks. But then I realized that not only it can be a solid play extender, also it's a Painful Choice-lite on Extra Deck legs, and you can potentially get sick mills.

8 hours ago, Darj said:

At first I thought it was underwhelming because nowadays there are appealing generic Synchro8s like Overload Savage Dragon and the Tenyi Synchro, plus this is dependent on mill-happy DARK, LIGHT and Chaos Decks. But then I realized that not only it can be a solid play extender, also it's a Painful Choice-lite on Extra Deck legs, and you can potentially get sick mills.

My thoughts were similar, naturally one of the first decks that comes are Chaos LS variants the ones who can benefit the most. But as you said These days lvl8 (or higher) Synchros tend to be the end product (boss), this owrks better as a play starter or extender. Would mind if this would have had some sort of (low-moderate) protection given that it becomes a vanilla after the summon

Metaphys might be able to use this in combination with levianeer. the whole deck doesn't really care where the cards go so long as they keep moving, and it doesn't care at all about the banish cost, as necroface and all of the metaphys monsters will just go off when you bring it back. as far as level 8 monsters go, yeah, it's not a boss monster, but it does have enough bulk to make dropping it worth it, and it gives you a really good mill on top of that. with necroface at 3, we might see some really crazy shenanigans from this thing down the line.

Archived