[Rush Duel] Shocklead Dragon

This effect is kinda an oddball even among the Duel Monster cards  -YGOrg-

Shocklead.jpg?resize=300%2C300&ssl=1

Shocklead Dragon
FIRE, Dragon/Effect, Lv 7, ATK 1600, DEF 2500

[Requirement] You can send the top card of your Deck to the GY.
[Effect] The face-up monster your opponent controls with the highest ATK (all of them, if tied) loses ATK equal to [the highest ATK among face-up monsters you control] until the end of this turn. This turn, this card cannot attack, except on Attack Position monsters.

i still not really wanna play Rush Duel in general but the fact that konami start to experimenting with it caught a bit of my interest at least card design wise. which in this case as the YGOrg has describe it its rather unusual take of classic wording

So it weakens their strongest monster by the ATK of your strongest monster? If that were a quick effect it could have some insane applications. as it stands, the effect is kinda weak, but the requirement (if it were normal yugioh) could help it see major use.

15 hours ago, vla1ne said:

So it weakens their strongest monster by the ATK of your strongest monster? If that were a quick effect it could have some insane applications. as it stands, the effect is kinda weak, but the requirement (if it were normal yugioh) could help it see major use.

An interesting aspect of this card is that unlike previous cases where one can choose a target if tied this one hits all of them (which sounds more like how Gwent works than this game).

Furthermore the art style (and name) also reminds me more of games like Vanguard than Yugioh.

7 hours ago, The Highlander said:

Furthermore the art style (and name) also reminds me more of games like Vanguard than Yugioh.

You wouldn't be wrong. I also got Vanguard-vibes. (This does look like a Narukami unit)

On another note, this is described as Rook's new support monster (Whilst Lightning Bolcondor is Yuga's new ace).

Archived