Enchanted Library

HyperGodOfDeath

This is...super strong. like unfair-level super strong

for a nearly free cost of just control any spellcaster monster you get to tutor 2 spells straight from deck. 1 (or both) can be another search or draw card to tutor another copy of this card to be activated again since this card don't have any OPT on it. also the penalty is not really a penalty since you can simply search cards that you definitely use instead getting random ones

10 hours ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

This is...super strong. like unfair-level super strong

for a nearly free cost of just control any spellcaster monster you get to tutor 2 spells straight from deck. 1 (or both) can be another search or draw card to tutor another copy of this card to be activated again since this card don't have any OPT on it. also the penalty is not really a penalty since you can simply search cards that you definitely use instead getting random ones

Thanks for telling me which are it's problems. So do you think i should put a cost like paying 1500 lp or sending 2 spellcaster to the GY, and make that you can't search other cards that let you add or draw cards?

I'm going to change it based on what you write. So if there is a problem with it you can tell me.

1. Add a hard OPT saying "You can only use the effect of "Enchanted Library" once per turn."

2. Sending the spellcasters to grave doesn't do much because you can just tutor cards to bring them back.

3. While the need to control 2 Spellcasters helps with slowing it down, it doesn't really affect it that much if you were to drop this in a modern Spellcaster themed deck.

4. This card would likely be right at home in a Dark Magician deck which means it would assist in backrow field control. But could also fit into a Blue-Eyes deck since a vast majority of "Eyes of Blue" monsters are Spellcasters. So this card is total field control in that perspective.

2 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

1. Add a hard OPT saying "You can only use the effect of "Enchanted Library" once per turn."

2. Sending the spellcasters to grave doesn't do much because you can just tutor cards to bring them back.

3. While the need to control 2 Spellcasters helps with slowing it down, it doesn't really affect it that much if you were to drop this in a modern Spellcaster themed deck.

4. This card would likely be right at home in a Dark Magician deck which means it would assist in backrow field control. But could also fit into a Blue-Eyes deck since a vast majority of "Eyes of Blue" monsters are Spellcasters. So this card is total field control in that perspective.

Thanks for your comment. I'm going to edit that card keeping in mind what you told me.

If there's a problem with it, you can always tell me.

The card is better than what it was this morning.  I'm glad to see you took Jolly's advice!  Here is a text edit for how the card works right now:

If you control 2 Spellcaster monsters: Pay 1500 LP; add 2 Spells from your Deck to your hand.  You cannot add cards to your hand by this effect that would add cards from your Deck to your hand.  You can only activate 1 "Enchanted Library" per turn.

...the overall text is a bit confusing though.  Here's a way to make the card functionally similar while letting the text be a bit easier to understand:

If you control 2 Spellcaster monsters: Pay 1500 LP; add 2 Normal or Quick-Play Spells from your Deck to your hand.  For the rest of the turn after this card resolves, you cannot add cards from your Deck to your hand.  You can only activate 1 "Enchanted Library" per turn.

There were a few changes with this.  I limited the Spell types to Normal/Quick-Play since one of the best things you could pull with this is "Secret Village of the Spellcasters".  I also changed the wording so you are able to search searchers, but you can't use them.

All that said, the card is still very strong.  Normal/Quick-play spells are extremely powerful because they are nearly unsearchable.  While the limitation prevents you from using cards that would add more advantage to your hand, you can still get around it by using cards that summon directly to the field or cards that make your opponent lose advantage (Scapegoat, Monster Reborn, Raigeki, Super Polymerization, etc.).

Simply put, there's a lot of open ends for this card.  Unless you make it extremely difficult to use, it will almost always be worth the cost.  Even with my added changes/limitations, the card would still be too strong.  I'm not sure if there's a reasonable way to balance it out...

22 minutes ago, Tythe Scora said:

The card is better than what it was this morning.  I'm glad to see you took Jolly's advice!  Here is a text edit for how the card works right now:

...the overall text is a bit confusing though.  Here's a way to make the card functionally similar while letting the text be a bit easier to understand:

There were a few changes with this.  I limited the Spell types to Normal/Quick-Play since one of the best things you could pull with this is "Secret Village of the Spellcasters".  I also changed the wording so you are able to search searchers, but you can't use them.

All that said, the card is still very strong.  Normal/Quick-play spells are extremely powerful because they are nearly unsearchable.  While the limitation prevents you from using cards that would add more advantage to your hand, you can still get around it by using cards that summon directly to the field or cards that make your opponent lose advantage (Scapegoat, Monster Reborn, Raigeki, Super Polymerization, etc.).

Simply put, there's a lot of open ends for this card.  Unless you make it extremely difficult to use, it will almost always be worth the cost.  Even with my added changes/limitations, the card would still be too strong.  I'm not sure if there's a reasonable way to balance it out...

Thanks for you response. Do you think it will still be broken if you could add to your hand another type of spell cards like continuous or field type, or it's more functional with only normal and quick-play spells?

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I will try to edit the text based on what you wrote.

Archived