Draitron theme, from Genesis Impactors

DBGI-JP024.jpg?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

DBGI-JP024 Draitron Ban-Alpha
Level 1 LIGHT Machine [Special Summon] Effect Monster
ATK 2000
DEF 0
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned with a “Draitron” card’s effect. You can only use this card name’s effect once per turn.
(1) You can Tribute 1 other “Draitron” monster or 1 Ritual Monster from your hand or field; Special Summon this card from your hand or GY in Defense Position, then you can add 1 Ritual Monster from your Deck to your hand. You cannot Special Summon monsters the turn you activate this effect, except monsters that cannot be Normal Summoned/Set.

Note: This card is named after α Draconis (Thuban)

DBGI-JP025.jpg?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

DBGI-JP025 Draitron Ras-Beta
ATK 2000
DEF 0
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned with a “Draitron” card’s effect. You can only use this card name’s effect once per turn.
(1) You can Tribute 1 other “Draitron” monster or 1 Ritual Monster from your hand or field; Special Summon this card from your hand or GY in Defense Position, then you can return 1 of your banished “Draitron” monsters to the GY. You cannot Special Summon monsters the turn you activate this effect, except monsters that cannot be Normal Summoned/Set.

Note: This card is named after β Draconis (Rastaban)

DBGI-JP026.jpg?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

DBGI-JP026 Draitron El-Gamma
Light Machine / Special Summon / Effect
LV1 2000/0
(1) You can Tribute 1 other “Draitron” monster or 1 Ritual Monster from your hand or field; Special Summon this card from your hand or GY in Defense Position, then you can Special Summon 1 “Draitron” monster with 2000 ATK from your GY, except “Draitron El-Gamma”. You cannot Special Summon monsters the turn you activate this effect, except monsters that cannot be Normal Summoned/Set.

Note: This card is named after γ Draconis (Eltanin)

DBGI-JP027.jpg?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

DBGI-JP027 Draitron Lta-Delta
ATK 2000
DEF 0
(1) You can Tribute 1 other “Draitron” monster or 1 Ritual Monster from your hand or field; Special Summon this card from your hand or GY in Defense Position, then you can reveal 1 Ritual Monster or 1 Ritual Spell from your hand to draw 1 card. You cannot Special Summon monsters the turn you activate this effect, except monsters that cannot be Normal Summoned/Set.

Note: This card is named after δ Draconis (Altais)

DBGI-JP028.jpg?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

DBGI-JP028 Draitron Al-Zeta
ATK 2000
DEF 0
(1) You can Tribute 1 other “Draitron” monster or 1 Ritual Monster from your hand or field; Special Summon this card from your hand or GY in Defense Position, then you can add 1 Ritual Spell from your Deck to your hand. You cannot Special Summon monsters the turn you activate this effect, except monsters that cannot be Normal Summoned/Set.

Note: This card is named after ζ Draconis (Aldhibah)

DBGI-JP029.jpg?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

DBGI-JP029 Draitron Meteornis=DRA
Level 12 LIGHT Machine Ritual Effect Monster
ATK 4000
DEF 4000
You can Ritual Summon this card with “Meteonis Draitron”. You can only use this card name’s 3rd effect once per turn.
(1) Your opponent cannot target this card with monster effects.
(2) If this card was Ritual Summoned using monsters whose total Levels equal 2 or less, it can attack all opponent’s Special Summoned monsters once each.
(3) During your opponent’s turn (Quick Effect): You can banish any number of monsters from your GY whose total ATK equal 2000 or 4000, then target 1 face-up card your opponent controls for every 2000 ATK; send it to the GY.

DBGI-JP031.jpg?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

DBGI-JP031 Draitron Fafnir
Field Spell Card
You can only activate 1 of this card’s name per turn.
(1) When this card resolves, you can add 1 “Draitron” Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand, except “Draitron Fafnir”.
(2) The effects of Ritual Spell Cards and their activation cannot be negated.
(3) Once per turn, if a monster(s) is Normal or Special Summoned face-up while you control a “Draitron” monster: You can decrease the Levels of those face-up Summoned monsters by 1 for every 1000 ATK they have (min. 1), for the rest of this turn.

Note: This card is named after the Norse dragon Fafnir.

DBGI-JP032.jpg?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

DBGI-JP032 Meteornis Draitron
Ritual Spell Card
This card can be used to Ritual Summon any 1 Ritual Monster. You can only use the 2nd effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) Tribute Machine monsters from your hand or field whose total ATK equal or exceed the ATK of the monster you Ritual Summon, and if you do, Ritual Summon that Ritual Monster from your hand or GY.
(2) If this card is in your GY: You can target 1 “Draitron” monster you control; it loses exactly 1000 ATK until the end of your opponent’s turn, and if it does, add this card to your hand.

DBGI-JP033.jpg?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

DBGI-JP033 Draitron Nova
Normal Spell Card
You can only activate 1 of this card’s name per turn. You cannot Special Summon monsters the turn you activate this card, except monsters that cannot be Normal Summoned/Set.
(1) Special Summom 1 “Draitron” monster from your Deck, but destroy it during the End Phase.

DBGI-JP034.jpg?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

DBGI-JP034 Draitron Eclipse
Normal Spell Card
You can only use this card name’s 1st and 2nd effects once per turn each.
(1) Target 1 “Draitron” monster in your GY; add it to your hand.
(2) During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the GY: You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 “Draitron” monster you control; it gains 2000 ATK until the end of your opponent’s turn.

DBGI-JP035.jpg?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

DBGI-JP035 Draitron Asterism
Quick-Play Spell Card
You can only activate 1 of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) During the Main Phase: Target 1 “Draitron” monster or 1 Ritual Monster you control, and 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; the target you control loses exactly 1000 ATK until the end of your opponent’s turn, and if it does, destroy that opponent’s monster.

DBGI-JP036.jpg?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1

DBGI-JP036 Draitron Meteor Shower
Counter Trap Card
You can only activate 1 of this card’s name per turn.
(1) When your opponent would Normal or Special Summon a monster(s) while you control a Ritual Monster: Negate the Summon, and if you do, shuffle that monster(s) into the Deck.

Source:

https://ygorganization.com/soiguessthisisreimaginedkaisermangadeck/

Oh this is fascinating. I love how Konami's been messing around with Rituals (between Megaliths and this Ritual Spell, Rituals have gotten pretty interesting).

I'm also loving Konami's new approach to restrictions: "You cannot Special Summon monsters the turn you activate this effect, except monsters that cannot be Normal Summoned/Set."

As for the archetype itself, it's got some decent consistency to start with (Field Spell, Nova, and Cyber Emergency). The boss is pretty game ending, but even if you don't win with it that turn, it's got some pretty nice staying power. All the monsters can proc their SS effects in the GY

...wait, these are just Main Deck Machine Zoodiacs aren't they? You can just cycle through all the ones you have in the GY in one turn, couldn't you? And the boss is literally just Drident + Hammerkong.

55 minutes ago, Tythe Scora said:

Oh this is fascinating. I love how Konami's been messing around with Rituals (between Megaliths and this Ritual Spell, Rituals have gotten pretty interesting).

I'm also loving Konami's new approach to restrictions: "You cannot Special Summon monsters the turn you activate this effect, except monsters that cannot be Normal Summoned/Set."

As for the archetype itself, it's got some decent consistency to start with (Field Spell, Nova, and Cyber Emergency). The boss is pretty game ending, but even if you don't win with it that turn, it's got some pretty nice staying power. All the monsters can proc their SS effects in the GY

...wait, these are just Main Deck Machine Zoodiacs aren't they? You can just cycle through all the ones you have in the GY in one turn, couldn't you? And the boss is literally just Drident + Hammerkong.

Yes, I was gonna say the same, I never thought to do something like this with Rituals, using the ATK as the basis for a Ritual Summon, surprises me that Konami can be weirdly creative, and well, this theme does that well. Also, it's kind of a Level 1 Archetype, which doesn't happen often, and that it's a Ritual based on is definitely a strange thing, but I love that Rituals are doing their own thing.

Also that restriction is interesting, I wonder if that means they would like to use Link/Xyz Monsters. I like the option, though their boss monster is pretty beefy on its own, not sure they have much reason to go the other route really, I suppose it's maybe to leave options open for other Ritual Monsters or just other decks in general, since restricting them to only Rituals or only Draitron would limit their options.

I suppose they are a bit like Zoodiacs, though you gotta get them all to the GY first, which may be a bit of a challenge for a Ritual Deck, I don't know.

On another note, unless I'm mistaken, the Ritual Spell is the first one that lets you use Xyzs/Links as material.

Kinda stinks that they lose out on the better Nomi support cards.  They can't use the Nomi Monster Reborns (Magnet Reverse/Fateful Hour), and they can't get searched by Chaos Space.  They can use Hypernova Burst (kinda thematically appropriate tbh), and A Wild Monster Appears, but those cards really aren't worth it.

Among the monsters, I'd have to think that Gamma is the most important for actually making plays with Alpha being a close second.  Beta is definitely a one-of.  Both the others are good and just add to the plusses if you can get the deck rolling.

Lol, I'm kinda still geeking out over these~

49 minutes ago, Tythe Scora said:

On another note, unless I'm mistaken, the Ritual Spell is the first one that lets you use Xyzs/Links as material.

Kinda stinks that they lose out on the better Nomi support cards.  They can't use the Nomi Monster Reborns (Magnet Reverse/Fateful Hour), and they can't get searched by Chaos Space.  They can use Hypernova Burst (kinda thematically appropriate tbh), and A Wild Monster Appears, but those cards really aren't worth it.

Among the monsters, I'd have to think that Gamma is the most important for actually making plays with Alpha being a close second.  Beta is definitely a one-of.  Both the others are good and just add to the plusses if you can get the deck rolling.

Oh yeah, funny that it takes Levels 1 Special Summon only monsters to do so. It would be neat to use Xyz/Links with these, but it doesn't seem necessary when they already have 2000 ATK, not many monsters they would want to make that would be worth higher, plus they would be missing out on this effect anyway: "If this card was Ritual Summoned using monsters whose total Levels equal 2 or less, it can attack all opponent’s Special Summoned monsters once each." Just hope that in the future, we will have the option, as well as the reason, to use Xyz/Links.

3 hours ago, Tythe Scora said:

[...]

Honestly I am more under the impression that Alpha and Zeta are the main keycards and by far the best non-ritual maindeck monsters (given that opening Alpha + Zeta is enough to get to their Ritual monster AND gives them grave setup for later).

Edit: One can also use Delta as a kind of Upstart Goblin with these 2 to replace it in the hand and get it in the grave for future pluses during the next turn.

Opening the Field Spell + Alpha is also pretty nice, getting the Ritual, as well as Fafnir on the field and Nova in the grave (for whatever that is worth).

The play I am refering to is:

(Use the field spell to get nova to get Zeta ->) Summon Alpha sending Zeta -> search the Ritual -> send the Ritual for Zeta -> fetch the Ritual Spell -> Summon the Ritual from one's graveyard using Alpha and Zeta from the field.

The ritual Boss is quite interesting, although I would certainly like more Rituals in the foreseeable future.

That being said, am I the only one this archtype reminds of Gundams (especially Draitron Meteornis=DRA) ?

Edit: It is quite interesting that their restriction still allows Normal Summons, so it might be quite possible that they could get a Stratos/Armaggeddon Knight at some point, which would support them quite a lot (although consistency is already ok'ish with 6 searchers and 3 searchers for half of those, resulting in 9 ways to draw a searcher (Cyber Emergency, Fafnir, Nova), Edit: There is also Foolish Burial, given that these work almost as well in the graveyard).

5 hours ago, The Highlander said:

Honestly I am more under the impression that Alpha and Zeta are the main keycards and by far the best non-ritual maindeck monsters (given that opening Alpha + Zeta is enough to get to their Ritual monster AND gives them grave setup for later).

Zeta is important, yeah, but Gamma is needed to actually have the resources to summon the Ritual once you have it while also opening up your ability to use the Extra Deck.  It's just more versatile imo.

I said the rest are "good", but the difference is like giving Alpha and Gamma 5 stars and Delta and Zeta 4.5 stars.  All of 'em are really good for continually generating plusses.  Alpha and Gamma are higher because the plusses they generate are more actively usable than the random draw of Delta and the Ritual Spell search of Zeta.

So I'm getting to test these on Edopro.  At first I was running a Lightsworn package to get as many as I could in the GY, but that just seemed too inconsistent so far, so now I'm swapping to a pure deck with as many draw cards as I can stuff.

Some interesting tech cards I've found:

- Photon Sanctuary - I'll be honest, I dunno if this card works since I never drew it and I took it out while swapping play styles, but it could be used alongside the plusses generated by Gamma to go into Avramax or into Union Carrier to get more Draitrons in the GY.

- Draw Muscle - Just a cute silly card that's basically an Upstart with a HOPT.  You need a monster with less than 1000 DEF in defense position to activate... which shouldn't be a problem for this archetype.

Archived