Elemental HERO Divine Neos retrain

31111109.jpg

Hey everyone, I've decided to do a series of retrain's where I update previously bad cards and improve on them.

Elemental HERO Divine Neos 

Level 12/LIGHT 

Warrior/Fusion/effect 

Must be fusion summoned using 5 'Neos', 'Neo space', 'Neo Spacian' or HERO monster, including at least 1 'Neos', 'Neo Spacian' or 'Neo Space' and cannot be summoned by other ways. Twice per turn, you can negate the effect of spell, trap or monster effect that targets this card and destroy it. Once per turn, you can banish 1  monster in your GY if you do, this card's original ATK becomes doubled and it gains that monsters effect until the end phase. You can only activate this effect of 'Elemental HERO Divine Neos' once per turn.  

ATK/4000  DEF/4000

Considering the raw amount of hoops you have to jump through to summon this, I think that effect is 100% justifiable and well worth the name "Divine" at that point.

The copy effect could be a bit broken though.  The original card was limited to certain archetypes, but people could potentially do a lot of crazy things by letting this copy any monster.  For example, The Tyrant Neptune can copy effects and it got banned for its interaction with Lyrilusc - Independent Nightingale.  If this card copied Nightingale's effect, it would inflict 6000 burn damage, have 14,000 ATK, and would be unaffected by all card effects until the End Phase.  If I'm honest, I would much rather that copy effect stay limited to its archetypes.

Other than that though, I really like this retrain!

Thanks for the feedback, yeah it can be a bit broken. However, like you said, you have to jump through a lot of hoops to get it out. I was originally going to have it be banish 1 'Neos', 'Neo Space', 'Neo Spacian' or 'Hero' monster to target 1 monster in the GY to gain that monsters effect, but I thought that would be too difficult and wouldn't be as good. Not to mention, there isn't really that many targets that would work for this card effect (other than Destiny HERO Plasma) 

Archived