[TDGS] Turbo Booster

My brother and I are trying to play yugioh again, so at one point we had to look at the cards we had before we quit. We had this card we found interesting :

Attribute EARTH

Level 1

Monster Type Machine

Card Type Effect 

ATK 0

DEF 0

Card Text

If you have Normal Summoned a monster this turn, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can Tribute this card to destroy 1 monster your opponent controls that battled one of your monsters this turn.

spacer.png

Machine is a pretty good type, it's a free summon, and being a Level 1 is pretty good... Isn't it a good extender?

What do you think? Would you play it? Where? (what deck, what strategies,...? ) 

In general there are a lot of 1-card extenders.  What this specifically has going for it is being EARTH, Level 1, and being a Machine (with less than 500 ATK).  If those factors fit a deck better than any of the other 1-card extenders, I don't see why it can't be used.

That said, here are some other 1-card extenders and their benefits:

• Instant Fusion - can summon Millennium-Eyes to stop hand traps, or Thousand-Eyes to take a monster.  A bunch of versatile levels/types from 1-5
  • Cosmic Compass - Not an "extender", per se, but it fulfills the same niche as Turbo Booster, but is dependent on opponent.  Benefit is that it is a + rather than just a free body.
  • Jester Confit - DARK/Spellcaster.  Easier summoning conditions than Turbo Booster.
  • Cyber Dragon - LIGHT/Machine.  Easily searchable.  Can get rid of an opponent's monster in the EMZ for free.
  • Fiend's Sanctuary/One-Time Passcode - 1-for-1 Token Summoners.  Different ones give different Type/Attribute/Level benefits.
  • Photon Sanctuary/Sky Striker Mecha - Hornet Drones* - +1 Token Summoners.  These come with conditions.

There are tons more, but (in general) a 1-card extender isn't enough on its own without further benefits.

Archived