Blue-Eyes new synchro idea

vee_alexandra

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

um could you please edit your post to include a type-out verion of the effect underneath the card, there huge number of effect compressed on that card its practically unreadable even on PC 

I'll do it. I'll also fix the grammar a bit, since the TCG doesn't do numbered effects like that, yet.

Materials: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Blue-Eyes" monsters

Effect: Dragon monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects, also your opponent cannot target Dragon monsters you control with card effects. You can only use each of the following effects of a card with this card's name once per turn, and only once per turn.

• You can target 1 "Blue-Eyes" monster you control. This turn, for each "Blue-Eyes" monster with a different name in your GY, it gains 1 additional attack during each Battle Phase, and if it attacks a Defense Position monster, inflicts piercing battle damage.
  • (Quick Effect): When your opponent activates a card effect while there is a "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" monster on your field or in your GY, you can negate the activation, and, if you do, destroy that card.
  • If this card is Special Summoned by the effect of  "Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon"  during your Main Phase 1 or 2, you can Special Summon 1 "Blue-Eyes" monster from your hand or GY.

1 hour ago, TheWanderingMist said:

I'll do it. I'll also fix the grammar a bit, since the TCG doesn't do numbered effects like that, yet.

Effect: Dragon monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects, also your opponent cannot target Dragon monsters you control with card effects. You can only use each of the following effects of a card with this card's name once per turn, and only once per turn.

• You can target 1 "Blue-Eyes" monster you control. This turn, for each "Blue-Eyes" monster with a different name in your GY, it gains 1 additional attack during each Battle Phase, and if it attacks a Defense Position monster, inflicts piercing battle damage.
  • (Quick Effect): When your opponent activates a card effect while there is a "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" monster on your field or in your GY, you can negate the activation, and, if you do, destroy that card.
  • If this card is Special Summoned by the effect of  "Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon"  during your Main Phase 1 or 2, you can Special Summon 1 "Blue-Eyes" monster from your hand or GY.

Actually, the TCG does have numbered effects.

But on to card critique.

Effect 1: multi attack + trample

This effect alone can OTK in a Blue-Eyes deck. I summon this, target a face-up BEWD, have 2 others in grave along with 3 alternatives, an Ultimate, Neo Ultimate and Twin Burst, gives the selected BEWD a total of 9 attacks. 

Effect 2: This is essentially the insurance to those aforementioned 9 attacks because this shuts down anything if it affects a Blue-Eyes.

Effect 3 allows you to resurrect a second Blue-Eyes alongside this one. So that isn't really a big deal since things like Bottomless, Torrential and such.

23 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Actually, the TCG does have numbered effects.

But on to card critique.

Effect 1: multi attack + trample

This effect alone can OTK in a Blue-Eyes deck. I summon this, target a face-up BEWD, have 2 others in grave along with 3 alternatives, an Ultimate, Neo Ultimate and Twin Burst, gives the selected BEWD a total of 9 attacks. 

Effect 2: This is essentially the insurance to those aforementioned 9 attacks because this shuts down anything if it affects a Blue-Eyes.

Effect 3 allows you to resurrect a second Blue-Eyes alongside this one. So that isn't really a big deal since things like Bottomless, Torrential and such.

It does? Since when? I looked up "Fuh-Rin-Ka-Zan" and it was just bulleted. So were "Lightning Storm" and "Doomking Balerdroch", which are way newer.

The new Stardust and Red Dragon Archfiend synchros are numbered on their effects. Theremay be a few others. But I think it depends on how the card is structured. Say for example, if the effects work off of each other, it would be necessary to number/name them. If they are independant effects, then having bullets works. See what I mean?

15 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

The new Stardust and Red Dragon Archfiend synchros are numbered on their effects. Theremay be a few others. But I think it depends on how the card is structured. Say for example, if the effects work off of each other, it would be necessary to number/name them. If they are independant effects, then having bullets works. See what I mean?

wait can you link for sources of that i kinda forgot

On 9/27/2020 at 8:18 PM, TheWanderingMist said:

1st effect is global protection for dragons...well a over-worded ones that is. does dragon need such immunity though? i doubt that, its probably much more agreeable protection if its protecting exclusively all the archetype that directly support Blue-Eyes like...Well Blue-Eyes, Eyes of Blue, or Azure-Eyes

2nd effect at best gonna give you about up to 4 additional attack via regular BEWD, Alter BEWD, Chaos MAX, and Spirit. the rest kinda don't matter much unless i forgetting something. although IMO, in practical application it would be 2 for 3 attacks instead since the 2 other card within my calculation is the finisher boss of its own. still devastating though with that piercing

im actually want to side track a bit: https://ygorganization.com/important-psa-about-lv-monsters/ .TL,DR: OCG Style wording in the highlighted context that actually exist for quite along time until it addressed recently are actually biting its own butt. now in the context of this card it barely matters since obviously this card don't have multiple name shenanigan going for it. but there is possibilities that OCG would abandon their style of HOPT wording in favor of longer-but-precise TCG one IMO.

3rd effect is well negation... its always good and thankfully regulated by HOPT. although given the other package of global immunity its still oppressively strong. so if anything while this effect don't need a nerf but its existence does reinforce the nerf on protection effect 

final effect is niche, so i wouldn't worry much other than the fact its kinda over-worded (you dont need to mention both main phase if you just say "Main Phase" since it already represent both of it)

On 9/27/2020 at 8:18 AM, TheWanderingMist said:

add to your ORIGINAL POST, please? 

Archived