Code Talker support [Written]

Thomas★Zero

Code Programmer
lv 2 LIGHT
Cyberse/Effect
If a Cyberse monster you control would be used as Link Material for a "Code Talker" monster, this card in your hand can also be used as material. If this card was sent from the field or hand to the GY as material for the Link Summon  of a "Code Talker" monster: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; take control of the targeted card, also if this card was on the field, the control of the targeted card cannot be changed.
You can only use each effect of "Code Programmer" once per turn.
ATK/700 DEF/500

Code Charger
lv 6 FIRE
Cyberse/Effect
If a Cyberse monster you control would be used as Link Material for a "Code Talker" monster, this card in your hand can also be used as material. If this card was sent from the field or hand to the GY as material for the Link Summon  of a "Code Talker" monster: Target 1 "Code Talker" monster you control; increase the targeted cards ATK by 1200, also, if this card was on the field, the targeted card gains the following effect.
* If this card destroys a monster by battle, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the destroyed monsters original ATK.
You can only use each effect of "Code Charger" once per turn.
ATK/2100 DEF/1200

Code Translator
lv 7 DARK 
Cyberse/Effect
If a Cyberse monster you control would be used as Link Material for a "Code Talker" monster, this card in your hand can also be used as material. If this card was sent from the field or hand to the GY as material for the Link Summon  of a "Code Talker" monster: Draw 1 card, if this card was on the field, draw 2 cards instead.
You can only use each effect of "Code Translator" once per turn.
ATK/2300 DEF/1500

Crosscode Talker
lv 7 DARK
Cyberse/Fusion/Effect
1 "Code Talker" Link monster + 1 Cyberse monster
Gains 500 ATK for each Cyberse monster you control. If this card is in a zone a Link monster points to: this card can attack all monsters your opponent controls. If this card is sent from the field to the GY: You can Special Summon 1 "Code Talker" Link monster from your GY. You can only use this effect of "Crosscode Talker" once per turn.
ATK/2300 DEF/2000

Syncode Talker
lv 7 DARK
Cyberse/Synchro/Effect
"Cyberse Synchron" + 1+ non-Tuner Cyberse monsters
For this cards Synchro Summon, you can treat 1 "Code Talker" Link monster you control as a monster with a Level equal to is Link Rating x 2. Gains 500 ATK for each card in your GY with different Attributes. If this card is in a zone a Link monster points to: Cyberse monsters you control cannot be targeted or banished by your opponents card effects. If this card is sent from the field to the GY: You can Special Summon 1 "Code Talker" Link monster from your GY. You can only use this effect of "Syncode Talker" once per turn.
ATK/2300 DEF/2000

EXcelcode Talker
Rank 4 DARK
Cyberse/Xyz/Effect
2 Level 4 Cyberse monsters
For this cards Xyz Summon, you can treat 1 "Code Talker" Link monster you control as Level 4 monster. If this card is in a zone a Link monster points to: You can detach 2 Xyz Material from this card; This card can attack your opponent directly this turn, also, if a Link monster was detached from this card, double this cards original ATK until the End Phase this turn. If this card is sent from the field to the GY: You can Special Summon 1 "Code Talker" Link monster from your GY. You can only each this effect of "EXcelcode Talker" once per turn.
ATK/2300 DEF/2000

Code EXceed Unit
Continuous Spell Card
Special Summon this card as a Normal monster (Cyberse-Type/DARK/Level 4/ATK 0/DEF 0). (This card is also treated as a Spell Card.) While you control this card, you cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck except Cyberse monsters. You can banish this card from your GY; Add 1 Cyberse monster that list "Code Talker" in its text from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Code EXceed Unit" effect per turn and only once that turn.

Go Forward!
Trap Card
If you control no cards, you can activate this card from your hand. Special Summon as many Level 4 or lower Cyberse monsters from your GY with different Attributes in Defense Position, then, immediately after this effect resolves, Link Summon 1 "Code Talker" Link monster using any of the summoned monsters as Link Material. You can only activate 1 "Go Forward!" per turn.

Let us take this step by step.

1.) Code Programmer: Admittedly a very strong 2+ turn card, however I am wondering if this being able to permanently steal, even if being used from the hand, is not pushing it a little too far. Usually these stealing cards are a little more restricted and I do not see why this card should be able to permanently take control. My suggestion would be to make it change control until the End Phase, while prohibiting to attack with it and remove this restrictions (except that it only lasts until the end phase) if this card is used from the field.

2.) Code Charger: The card looks fine.

3.) Code Translator: A very strong support card, which is also a strong Formud Skipper target. This card definitely improves the powerlevel of the Code Talker archtype. I would say the card is definitely still not pushing it too far, despite being very powerful.

4.) Crosscode Talker, Syncode Talker and EXcelcode Talker: These look decent, especially that (unlike some of the other generic ED Cyberse monsters) these are accessible and actually do something (unlike Firewall Exceed Dragon). That being said, I wonder if this is really what the Code Talker archtype aims for, from what I have seen thus far the aim is to Link ladder consecutively (while abusing Cynet Codec) and then Extra Link with multiple Code Talkers, so these would force one to abandon that plan, on the other hand these actually buff Firewall Dragon Darkfluid, although these should already aim to OTK or at the very least finish the game as fast as possible, so that point is only valid if one ladders through these, which hardly seems worth the effort, when Darkfluid is not more than a glorified Apollousa. I am honestly not sure if these are more than gimmicky 1-offs.

5.) Code EXceed Unit: A glorified "One Time Passcode", which can Xyz and perform as a searcher during a later turn. The card definitely looks like a solid extender.

6.) Go Forward!: This card being a Trap makes it a pretty awkward topdeck later in the game, although at that point it is at its strongest. Since this card being the only card one controls and being mostly an opponent's turn card I wonder if this card would survive negation very often, if it would even be alive. Since this card does not enforce using all monsters for that Link Summon one can actually build an entire board with it, making the restriction reasonable. I have seen cards like this one quite often and it never made the cut, I would suggest at the very least reducing the restriction to controlling no monsters, especially since all the Cynet Continuous Spell cards would make this card a nightmare to use and it should hardly be an issue if it cannot be used as an immediate oppresive extender.

Archived