Masked HERO Customizer [Written]

Thomas★Zero

Masked HERO Customizer
lv 8 LIGHT
Warrior/Fusion/Effect
(This card is always treated as a FIRE, WATER, WIND, EARTH and DARK Attribute monster.)
Must be Special Summoned by the effect of "Mask Change". Gains 200 ATK and DEF for card in your GY with a different Attribute. You can only use the following effects of "Masked HERO Customizer" once per turn.
* If this card is Special Summoned: Add 1 "Change" Quick-Play Spell Card from your Deck or GY to your hand.
* While this card is in your GY or banished: You can send this card and all other "HERO" Fusion monster in your GY or that are banished to your Extra Deck; Draw 2 cards.
ATK/2600 DEF/2200

So Customizer is a Masked HERO designed to allow you to summon it off any monster regardless of its Attribute while also helping to support Masked HERO plays by searching a Change card and recycling all your HERO Fusions.

Hmm... I can't say I like this one as much as the trap mask change.  It feels like it takes several HERO support cards and rolls them into an extra deck card in a way that pretty much makes those other cards pointless.  Specifically, this kinda steps on the toes of "Form Change", "Mask Charge", and "Legacy of a HERO".  While each of those have tiny advantages over this card, the sheer versatility and accessibility you'd get from this one card is impossible to ignore.

There's also the individual problem with the last effect (the Draw 2).  You can pretty easily cheese that effect by just dumping it into the GY with non-HERO strategies like Zaborg turbo, Dogmatika variants, and even just Extra-Foolish Burial.  You never specified that there had to be other banished HEROs/HEROs in GY for the effect to work.  Maybe you can change it so you draw 1 card for every 3 HEROs shuffled into the Extra (max of 9?).

On the whole, I do really like the idea of being able to use this to bridge HERO Attributes.  I'm just apprehensive that it is too effective at fixing problems and worried about the last effect being too generic.

Archived