Hiroshima - Discussion

wilson91

You see!? That's the damn Americans fro you. (No offence to any American Members here) That's how they solve "Problems" Dropping a Nuke. That video creeped the hell out of me, Because I iknow the dangers of Radiation Poisoning. (I've seen enough documentaries to know that)

This could easily happen today. Bush has his finger on the Nuke Button All he has to do is say "Hey! That Country is a threat to the American Flag!" And DEFCON Will be in full action. Again I mean no offense to any Americans here, But this is a reality....

at least dropping a nuke indirectly saved thousands of innocent lives in Asia (including Singapore,China,Malaysia,Hong Kong) from enternal suffering under the cruel Japanese. (no offense to Japanese members here)

You see!? That's the damn Americans fro you. (No offence to any American Members here) That's how they solve "Problems" Dropping a Nuke. That video creeped the hell out of me' date=' Because I iknow the dangers of Radiation Poisoning. (I've seen enough documentaries to know that)

This could easily happen today. Bush has his finger on the Nuke Button All he has to do is say "Hey! That Country is a threat to the American Flag!" And DEFCON Will be in full action. Again I mean no offense to any Americans here, But this is a reality....

[/quote']

I'm American and pretty much agree. At least we're getting a new president soon.

like obi-wan im an american to bush is probly the worst president but then we need a new one hmmm lets see

hilary

obama

mcaine-personally i think its best choice there but that is just me

[sorry if i offended any one who likes these people i am just expresing my opinin you can express yours too :smile:]

You see!? That's the damn Americans fro you. (No offence to any American Members here) That's how they solve "Problems" Dropping a Nuke. That video creeped the hell out of me' date=' Because I iknow the dangers of Radiation Poisoning. (I've seen enough documentaries to know that)

[/quote']

Q4E

That is why I hate it here. In the states, it sucks.

Blah.

We nuke everything, and everyone. We have several thousand nukes ready for firing at this second. It is so wrong.

[/quote']

Q4E

Blah.

We nuke everything, and everyone. We have several thousand nukes ready for firing at this second. It is so wrong.

It is very wrong.

I also believe that there was no other way around this, because the Japanese were torturing many people in Asia, and this had to be done.

-Glasstinemo-fish.gif

>_<

glasstin is right, we Arabs had no problems and could have easily pwned the Japanese (no offense pizzaman) but the one's who really got the whoopin' were the chinese. Now we Arabs didn't care what happened as long as it didn't affect us and we could still get our Sony DVD players and you guys still got your yugioh cards.

but gosh guys, that happened like what? 50 years ago? People have changed since then. Yes it wasn't really something to be proud of but it was the only way to stop the Japanese (no offense pizzaman and anyone else). Point is what happened has happened and it hasn't happened again which tells us something, it might not happen again especially if a girl becomes a president and that's not necessarily a good thing but lets not get into politics and that stuff.

Thought i remember this Japanese Movie (Animation) and it was about the bombing of the planes on some japanese place, man the name was long, but i think it was china? crap that was like 6 years ago and i can hardly remember what i did yesterday ^_^.

I think we deserved it. Although two is overkill' date=' it was needed to make them sign the Potsdam Declaration.

What I don't get though, to this day, is why did they specifically aim the nukes to places with high civilian population?

[/quote']

Pizzaman,it ain't your fault.Blame the Emperor ruling at that time & Hitler as well.As for your second question,I think the Americans wanted the Japanese to know their truest power by bombing high population cities,although they can just simply bomb Tokyo & that's it for WWII.Maybe they are still showing mercy to them,but who knows?

[/quote']

Q4E

Blah.

Americans are trigger-happy. I know, it stinks. I'm an American too, and as soon as humanely possible, I'm leaving the states.

[/quote']

Q4E

Blah.

Americans are trigger-happy. I know, it stinks. I'm an American too, and as soon as humanely possible, I'm leaving the states.

If so,then where're you heading?

[/quote']

Q4E

Blah.

If so,then where're you heading?

Somewhere that's a bit less willing to shoot anything that moves... Pun intended.

This could easily happen today. [b']Bush has his finger on the Nuke Button All he has to do is say "Hey! That Country is a threat to the American Flag!" And DEFCON Will be in full action.[/b] Again I mean no offense to any Americans here, But this is a reality....

Bush may be a horrible president, but i doubt he would do that, cuz if he did i would hope he has enough sense to think hmmm... this will probably start an all out nuclear war and everyone will either die or suffer radiation poisoning.

but yeah i do agree america sux (i live in america)

Guest KAJN

No they killed themselves because they couldn't take the blame any more.

Edited: Well the americans stole pearls and oil from their harbor so you cannot blame the japanese people.

My God, the ignorance in this thread is disgusting.

The bomb was dropped to put a swift end to WWII, Germany already lost and the allies didn't want to drag on the war any longer. Japan being the only threat left the Americans wanted them to surrender without any more casualties. So, they droped the Atomic bomb on Hiroshima. The pilots knew what they were doing, and they had no regrets about what they did. Japan was given a choice, surrender or get a second bomb dropped on them, they chose the latter, so the Americans droped a bomb on Nasaki(SP?) If the Americans wouldnt of forced Japan to surrender quickly, there probably would of been more casualties from fighting than from the bombs, it was something that had to be done.

At that time they did not know the full effects of the bomb so they were unaware of the long lasting after effects. As mentioned earlier, the pilots were intervewed about the bomb and they said they had no regrets about what they did, it was something that had to be done, and as bad as it sounds, I fully agree with them.

Theres a quick history lesson for you.

Archived