New random tuner monsters

Therealnoobmaster2001

Lil Zombie dog 

Level 1/Dark 

Zombie/Tuner/Effect

If this card declares a direct attack, inflict 2000 points of damage to your opponent after damage calculation.

ATK/0 DEF/0 

Half-man half-bot  

Level 3/Earth 

Warrior/Tuner/Effect 

This card is also treated as a machine type monster while its face up on the field. If this card is used for the Synchro summon of a warrior type monster that monster is unaffected by your opponents spell cards. If this card is used for the Synchro summon of a machine type monster you can special summon this card from the graveyard in defense position, but it cannot be used as a Synchro material until your next turn. 

ATK/1100 DEF/0  

Mind stealer 

level 2/Light 

Psychic/Tuner/Effect 

When this card is normal summoned, if your opponent controls a Synchro monster, you can pay 1000 life points to take control of that monster until the end phase. If this card is used for the Synchro summon of a psychic monster you can take control of 1 monster your opponent controls. You can only activate 1 'Mind Stealer' effect per turn.

ATK/1000 DEF/1000 

Cloaked Goblin 

level 5/Earth 

Fiend/Tuner/Effect

You can special summon this card from your hand by discarding 1 tuner monster in your hand to the graveyard. When summoned this way this card becomes the same level and attribute as the discarded monster while on the field. 

ATK/2200 DEF/1200 

Well, this is nice. I mean, since they're not part of any particular archetype, it's harder to work with them, but there's the "Tuning " Spell to help you with them. Lil Zombie Dog sounds like fun stuff, specially if you include it in Lv 1 Decks. Summon Baby Tiragon and use it's effect on the Dog so it can attack directly (this effect is permanent), then if possible equip it with Twin Swords of Flashing Light - Tryce, which lowers it's ATK by 500 (lol) but let's you attack twice = 4000 damage. Half Man Half Bot is a solid little piece, it should see some action in Synchron Decks. Cloaked Goblin's requirement for SSing can be slightly problematic depending on the Deck, but I guess it's safe. I wish the final effect were not mandatory, as you don't want it to be forced to get the same Level as the discarder Tuner. Overall, sounds good for Genex decks. I leave Mind Stealer as the last one because it's the only one that feels slightly OP, but I say slightly because the requirement that involves your opponent controls Synchro Monsters is obviously fatal if the opponent doesn't run it. If they do, they're in for some trouble. Good Side Deck Material. I like the set overall, nice job n.n

6 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Well, this is nice. I mean, since they're not part of any particular archetype, it's harder to work with them, but there's the "Tuning " Spell to help you with them. Lil Zombie Dog sounds like fun stuff, specially if you include it in Lv 1 Decks. Summon Baby Tiragon and use it's effect on the Dog so it can attack directly (this effect is permanent), then if possible equip it with Twin Swords of Flashing Light - Tryce, which lowers it's ATK by 500 (lol) but let's you attack twice = 4000 damage. Half Man Half Bot is a solid little piece, it should see some action in Synchron Decks. Cloaked Goblin's requirement for SSing can be slightly problematic depending on the Deck, but I guess it's safe. I wish the final effect were not mandatory, as you don't want it to be forced to get the same Level as the discarder Tuner. Overall, sounds good for Genex decks. I leave Mind Stealer as the last one because it's the only one that feels slightly OP, but I say slightly because the requirement that involves your opponent controls Synchro Monsters is obviously fatal if the opponent doesn't run it. If they do, they're in for some trouble. Good Side Deck Material. I like the set overall, nice job n.n

Thanks very much, Mind Stealer has a hard once per turn so I thought it would balance it out.

4 minutes ago, Therealnoobmaster2001 said:

Thanks very much, Mind Stealer has a hard once per turn so I thought it would balance it out.

You're welcome. But yeah, the effect is fine, just a lil' scary when your opponent's Deck is Synchro Based. You could make a slight modification to the HOPT of the card grammar. Right now it says: You can only activate the effect of 'Mind Stealer' once per turn and only once that turn. A slight change of words: You can only activate 1 'Mind Stealer' effect per turn and only once that turn. This way, you can make sure it's understood you can only use 1 of the effects.

The dog can be equipped with Mage Power, United We Stand and Twin Swords of  Flashing Light. With Baby Tiragon and a Gravity Bind in play. The dog can become incredibly broken.

0+1600=1600+2000=3600-500=3100

Launch your 2 direct hits and game over.

45 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

The dog can be equipped with Mage Power, United We Stand and Twin Swords of  Flashing Light. With Baby Tiragon and a Gravity Bind in play. The dog can become incredibly broken.

0+1600=1600+2000=3600-500=3100

Launch your 2 direct hits and game over.

That's true but that requires a lot of set up and getting a direct attack isn't easy.

2 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

You're welcome. But yeah, the effect is fine, just a lil' scary when your opponent's Deck is Synchro Based. You could make a slight modification to the HOPT of the card grammar. Right now it says: You can only activate the effect of 'Mind Stealer' once per turn and only once that turn. A slight change of words: You can only activate 1 'Mind Stealer' effect per turn and only once that turn. This way, you can make sure it's understood you can only use 1 of the effects.

Yeah it could be devastating in a Synchro based deck but nowadays there are lots of fusions, rituals, XYZ's and powerful main deck monsters. I feel if I put more restrictions on the card it wouldn't be that good and would be too balanced. It does need to be a Psychic Synchro too so I think that balances it out in my opinion.

Actually, the only setup you need is Gravity Bind. Really just need the other cards to be readily available on the turn you summon Lil Zombie Dog. Baby Tiragon is an Xyz so literally any 3 Lv1s would do fine. And Lv1 monsters are pretty good at spamming the field.

For the most part all these tuners are balance if not require a very niche interaction for its fullest potential. Fitting for casual level. The lack of self-summon should also prevent Halqifibrax cheesing

The only oddball is the Halfmanbot. Which is pretty powerful for what it do but then again it require a niche interaction 

Archived