Christmas themed Tuners, effect monsters and Synchros

Therealnoobmaster2001

So these are a group of christmas themed cards. I didn't really mean for most of these cards to have synergy with each other (some do) but most of this is just random support for many decks, mostly Fairy. It is of course based around many christmas themes like candy canes, elf's, christmas lights etc 

Lucky Elf 

Level 4/LIGHT

Fairy/Effect 

When this card is normal summoned, if  you control no other monsters you can draw 1 card and reveal it, if its a level 5 or lower Fairy type monster you can special summon it. You can only activate the effect of 'Lucky Elf' once per turn. 

ATK/1700 DEF/1300 

Citizen Cane 

Level 1/LIGHT 

Fairy/Tuner/Effect 

If you control a face up Synchro monster you can special summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, while this card is face up on the field you can discard 1 Fairy type monster in your hand to special summon 1 Cane token (Fairy/level 2/LIGHT/ATK 0 DEF 0) to your side of the field. If this card is sent to the GY for a a Synchro summon of a Fairy type or 'Santa' monster you can add 1 level 1 tuner monster from your deck to your hand except 'Citizen Cane' 

ATK/300 DEF/200 

Snowflake, Santa's reindeer 

Level 4/LIGHT 

Beast/Effect 

If this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the GY you can special summon 1 level 2 or lower beast or fairy type Tuner monster from your deck. During the battle phase, if the combined levels of this card and the Tuner monster summoned by this effect equal 6 you can send both monsters to the GY to special summon 1 level 6 Synchro monster from your extra deck. All battle damage your opponent takes from battles involving that monster are halved. 

ATK/1800 DEF/1500 

Glitter bulb 

Level 2/LIGHT 

Fairy/Tuner/Effect 

When this card is special summoned you can add 1 quick play or continuous spell card from your GY to your hand.  If this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the GY  you can place it on the top of your deck or the bottom. 

ATK/700 DEF/500 

Alexander, Santa's backup reindeer 

Level 3/LIGHT 

Beast/Effect 

When this card is normal summoned you can banish 1 Fairy type monster in your GY to target 1 monster you're opponent controls with a higher level than the banished monster: Destroy that target. If this card is used as a Synchro material for a 'Santa' or 'Santa's reindeer' monster it gains 800 ATK until the end phase.

ATK/1400 DEF/1000 

Coldrain, Santa's smallest reindeer 

Level 2/LIGHT 

Beast/Tuner/Effect 

This card can only be used as a Synchro material for a beast or fairy type monster. If this card is used as a Synchro material monster, you can add 1 'Santa's reindeer' from your deck to your hand except 'Coldrain, Santa's smallest reindeer' 

ATK/800 DEF/400

Snowman ornament 

Level 1/Light 

Aqua/Tuner/Effect 

If this card is in the GY and you're opponent declares an attack against a Fairy type monster you can banish it to have the attacking monsters ATK become 0. If you draw this card during your draw phase you can discard it to draw 1 card.  You can only activate each effect of 'Snowman ornament' once per duel. 

ATK/100 DEF/100 

Santa Paws 

Level 6/LIGHT 

Beast/Synchro/Effect 

1 fairy type or beast type Tuner + 1 or more non tuner monsters 

When this card is Synchro summoned, if you control a beast type or fairy type monster you can draw 2 cards. You can only activate this effect of 'Santa Paws' once per turn. This card gains 200 ATK for every Tuner monster in your graveyard. 

ATK/2300 DEF/1800 

Santa's replacement 

Level 5/LIGHT 

Fairy/Synchro/Effect 

1 fairy type or beast type Tuner + 1 or more non tuner monsters 

This card's ATK and DEF become equal to the combined ATK of the 2 or more monsters used to summon it + 500. You can banish 1 'Santa' monster in your GY to have this card gain ATK equal to half that monsters ATK and have its name become the same as the banished monster until the end phase, it can attack twice but is banished during the end phase. 

ATK/0 DEF/0 

Rudolph, Santa's ultimate helper 

Level 7/LIGHT

Beast/Synchro/Effect 

1 fairy or beast type tuner + 1 or more non tuner monsters 

When this card is Synchro summoned you can banish 1 Synchro or fusion monster your opponent controls. This card cannot be targeted or destroyed by Synchro or fusion monsters. If this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard you can special summon 2 'Santa's reindeer' monsters from your GY or hand. They cannot be destroyed by battle the turn they are summoned. 

ATK/2600 DEF/2000

5 hours ago, Therealnoobmaster2001 said:

@Rayfield LuminaGot them done, hope you like them!

Man, this is fantastic, thanks a bunch! I'll add you to the event development thread n.n

About the cards:

* Lucky Elf is a solid critter that honours its own name. Good thing is, there are many archetypes that use high level Fairy mobs, since they rely on Valhalla and similar effects, so this can definitely see play.

* Citizen Cane: The name is hillarious xD. When I think you're destroying that classic movie with a candy cane pun... Hahaha. The effect is crazy good, well balanced with the discard. Even if you're not going for the Fairy ir Santa Synchro, it can SS Tatsunoko by itself for some fun plays.

* Snowflake: Now I see what you meant with some of the cards have synergy. Just bring Bulb to the table and have fun with Santa Paws. I'm not well versed in effects that activate during the middle of the Battle Phase. It's likely you'd have to use a term such as, "Immediately after that, Synchro Summon using monsters you control as materials". That probably comes with a problem, as Bulb would miss the timing to activate it's effect due to the "When" word. I recommend you to use "If" when possible, as this term makes your cards never "miss the timing".

* Bulb: Beyond the aforementioned suggestion, Its second effect probably won't see the light (bad pun intended).

* Alexander: Simple and effective. I wish it had the NS effect as a Once per turn effect, but that's just me, the effect is fine

* Coldrain. Another synergy option for Snowflake with a cute as hell name. The add to hand eff ct is perfect.

* Snowman: the hell? This is cool. I'd actually use it in my WATER decks, such as Atlantean or Ice Barrier. The effects are nice, but not brutal. Tbh, the OPD clause is unneeded, I'd give it more love xD.

Santa Paws: First effect is insanely good. Makes me the no of Hyper Librarian, except this one let's you draw 2 cards, but with a condition. You did well in adding the HOPT, otherwise it'd be OP.

* Replacement: O_O". Alexander + Coldrain = 2200 + 500. Banish Snowflake + 900 = 3600 and attacks twice. Main Phase 2, SS Cane and Synchro Summons Paws using it and this card to avoid the banish. Wicked.

* Rudolph: A bit of an oddball here, given the dependence of the opponent's deck to apply part of the effect. Last effect is good, but hard to pull off due to passivity and the myriads of ways to remove a mob from the field without attacking it.

* Trivia: The event was about to be called Rudolph is Missing! But decided to make it YGO themed instead.

With all honesty, I liked the set very much, thanks for making it 🙂

P.D. please go to the event development thread to ask for a hint on one of the culprits! Your choice.

Archived