Nimrod-Chan the Festive Angel

Sleepy

Yu-Gi-Oh Card
LIGHT Level 1 [Fairy/Ritual/Effect] 
ATK/ 2400   DEF/ 1200

This card can be Ritual Summoned with any Ritual Spell. During the End Phase: You can discard this card; draw 1 card for each Attack Position monster your opponent controls that attacked this turn. (Quick Effect): You can return this face-up card you control to the hand; Switch control of any number of your monsters to your opponent. You can only use each effect of "Nimrod-Chan the Festive Angel" once per turn.
- - - - -

In the spirit of the holidays you can have a gift exchange by giving your opponent all your monsters and then drawing 1 card for each of them ;D
It is a sort of Maxx C esque card but without an infinite draw loop that I'm aware of xD

Welp, I always get pumped up when I see a card with a self-made artwork, how nice. Hell if I know how a Lv 1 monster managed to get 2400 ATK, but oh well xD. The effect in itself seems pretty OP,  I feel this lady desperately needs a HOTP. The card grammar is almost perfect, just remember to use lowercase after semicolon, and probably "You can return this face-up card you control to the hand" and   "Switch control of any number of monsters you control to your opponent.

P.D: Is she transferring the Firework powers to the Star or the Star has Firework powers in itself?

8 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Welp, I always get pumped up when I see a card with a self-made artwork, how nice. Hell if I know how a Lv 1 monster managed to get 2400 ATK, but oh well xD. The effect in itself seems pretty OP,  I feel this lady desperately needs a HOTP. The card grammar is almost perfect, just remember to use lowercase after semicolon, and probably "You can return this face-up card you control to the hand" and   "Switch control of any number of monsters you control to your opponent.

P.D: Is she transferring the Firework powers to the Star or the Star has Firework powers in itself?

Edited with the changes*
Thanks for the tips.
The bit about it being 2400 and Level 1 is because how it needs a special way to Summon it so it works a bit different than if you could Normal Summon/Set it xP

Level 1 monsters with 2000+ ATK are no longer controversial because of Drytrons. I am assuming the self-discard effect is a Quick Effect otherwise you won't be able to activate it because normally opponent's monsters can't attack during your turn. On-field effect is nasty. Reminds me of Sauravis due to having both a from-hand and a self-bounce effect.
Overall it looks good. I'm not so keen with the OCG/TCG metas at the moment so IDK if this would impact the meta in some way. I do know Drytrons are doing stuff in TCG and with their Ritual themed they could use this, but IDK if they would want to.

There is a typo in her name printed in the card. Adding -chan to the name sounds weeb-ish but that's a personal nitpick xD

8 minutes ago, Darj said:

Level 1 monsters with 2000+ ATK are no longer controversial because of Drytrons.

Yeah? Just remove the "+" in 2000+ because Drytrons have precisely 2000 ATK, not 2400, I'd say there's some sort of difference in ATK there :v  In addition, there is not a single Ritual monster that reaches 2400 ATK until Level 6 (Lycanthrope/Revendread Slayer), so the fact that it is a Ritual and hence it has more lenience to have higher ATK hardly holds (sorry, Sleepie, I'm just pestering Darj, lol).

6 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Yeah? Just remove the "+" in 2000+ because Drytrons have precisely 2000 ATK, not 2400, I'd say there's some sort of difference in ATK there :v  In addition, there is not a single Ritual monster that reaches 2400 ATK until Level 6 (Lycanthrope/Revendread Slayer), so the fact that it is a Ritual and hence it has more lenience to have higher ATK hardly holds (sorry, Sleepie, I'm just pestering Darj, lol).

Don't nitpick, the difference between 2000 and 2400+ is barely significant on non-Normal Summonable monsters.

My lunch almost ends and I won't be home for another 5 or so hours. Can't usually even post here with the signal we get here and certainly can't use Discord. But gotta say, the discard effect dictates a timing so it works, but might add the quick clause when I get the chance to make it chainable.

And no comment on my drawing?

4 minutes ago, Darj said:

Don't nitpick, the difference between 2000 and 2400+ is barely significant on non-Normal Summonable monsters.

I can't agree with this. Right now there's still a solid presence of Link Monsters in the meta, and it's a fact Link 2 mobs reach a max of 2300 ATK. Given the number of effect negations and effect destruction immunities, beaters have their importance.

4 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

And no comment on my drawing?

Sleepy got ya in a tight spot :v

2 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

I can't agree with this. Right now there's still a solid presence of Link Monsters in the meta, and it's a fact Link 2 mobs reach a max of 2300 ATK. Given the number of effect negations and effect destruction immunities, beaters have their importance.

Sleepy got ya in a tight spot :v

I should have been more specific. I meant non-Normal Summonable, Maindeck monsters. Like the Meklord Emperors, for example.

Artwork-wise, it looks well done, and cute. I didn't think this was the place to discuss artwork xD
If anything, I don't see where the color purple for the hair is coming from if it's intended to be a personification of Christmas trees. I would think red or gold colors are more fitting.

I kinda wanted to make her golden-haired but the hair style didn't look all that great in yellow. Also, she's wearing something golden and it'd get lost in the hair... Purple is a good color to pair up with yellow, and I can always say it is the night sky xP
PD: Nimrod-Chan doesn't sound THAT weeb-ish does it? xD

21 hours ago, Darj said:

I should have been more specific. I meant non-Normal Summonable, Maindeck monsters. Like the Meklord Emperors, for example.

The fact is thresholds exist for a reason, and, just like I said before, there is no Ritual Monster that even reaches the 2400 ATK until Lv 6. You can't say something is not controversial just because a couple of monsters that are not even from the same type of card nor have similar summoning mechanics from X archetype have the same Lv and high ATK, and to add to this, Meklords are a pretty bad example as they have brutal restrictions to Summon and Attack, which somehow balance their great strength, while this card is quite easy to summon in any Ritual Oriented deck and has extremely potent positive effects.

While semantic wise you probably in the right @Rayfield Lumina i think what Darj said is agreeable. 2400 is huge but ritual at minimum is a -2 that require 2 types of cards at once. Sure we have things like Manju but the mind control effect is another loss at card advantage unless you combo off with things other than its own "Max-C" like effect. So i think given the advantage loss 2400 is pretty acceptable

Other reason is that assuming we actually work for in the industry, its ok sometimes to shake up the game a little by making seemingly powerful design to kept market interest

Heck freakin REBD a level 7 monster with 2400 attack immediately outclassed several sets alter by the level 6 monarch with same attack but has powerful effect with no drawback and require 1 less tribute. Which is worth a billion years of advancement on player's advantage management at that time

That being said i also understand your caution though but in the end once in a while cards like this is fine

5 minutes ago, Dokutah Jolly said:

While semantic wise you probably in the right @Rayfield Lumina i think what Darj said is agreeable. 2400 is huge but ritual at minimum is a -2 that require 2 types of cards at once. Sure we have things like Manju but the mind control effect is another loss at card advantage unless you combo off with things other than its own "Max-C" like effect. So i think given the advantage loss 2400 is pretty acceptable

Other reason is that assuming we actually work for in the industry, its ok sometimes to shake up the game a little by making seemingly powerful design to kept market interest

Heck freakin REBD a level 7 monster with 2400 attack immediately outclassed several sets alter by the level 6 monarch with same attack but has powerful effect with no drawback and require 1 less tribute. Which is worth a billion years of advancement on player's advantage management at that time

That being said i also understand your caution though but in the end once in a while cards like this is fine

I still think it'a bit of a stretch, but I trust your word, Jolly (not Darj's, tho, hahaha). I'd be more comfortable if Sleepy made her Lv 3-4, but since it's a Casual Card, a christmas one on top of that (and is a waifu), I'll accept it xD. 

Umm yeah, I wasn't really prioritizing the average stats for its Level. More so I was thinking on the resources you need to bring it out. It being a Ritual it needs a Spell and possibly Tributes, though since it does state "any Ritual Spell" you can actually use Ritual Spells with an effect that mitigates this. Things like "Advanced Ritual Art" or the Nekroz Ritual Spells. Or I think the Megaliths don't care what Ritual they bring out with their effects (need to go check this to make sure though).

You'd think less Levels equals more cards that can bring it out for cheaper, but a lot of these Spells actually require exact Levels so it ends up being potentially less advantageous to have Level 1 than 3 or 4 if we talk generic potential. Then again, as a bonus I like how you can use Sphere Kuriboh's GY effect xD
Seeing the other Level 1 Ritual in the game, Relinquished, it might have 0 ATK/DEF but it mimics whatever stat it absorbs so I'd say it actually has a bigger cap to how big it can get (and recent support makes it absorb extra monsters as a quick effect so even better).

Ah, I do have a potential fix I can add to the card. Making it so "You can return this Ritual Summoned card to the hand". Just to prevent unexpected abuse by reviving it via KinkaByo or anything else.....

On 12/24/2020 at 1:17 AM, Rayfield Lumina said:

I still think it'a bit of a stretch, but I trust your word, Jolly (not Darj's, tho, hahaha). I'd be more comfortable if Sleepy made her Lv 3-4, but since it's a Casual Card, a christmas one on top of that (and is a waifu), I'll accept it xD. 

You are being too stiff. If Koomy breaks the mold every now and then, why can't we?

Archived