Samsa, Dragon of Change [WRITTEN]

Tinkerer

Samsa, Dragon of Change
WIND ****
Dragon/Effect
(Quick Effect): You can return 1 Level 7 or 8 Dragon monster you control to your hand; Special Summon this card from your hand or GY.  If a Level 7 or 8 Dragon monster(s) is sent to your GY: You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 of those monsters, but shuffle it into your Deck when it leaves the field.  You can only use 1 effect of "Samsa, Dragon of Change" per turn.
1000/1900

This is a card that pulls together the newer Level 7 Dragons that want to summon themselves from the hand with the older Level 7/8 Dragons that want to play out of the GY.  Level 4 Dragon because there aren't enough good ones (outside LIGHT and DARK).

It doesn't actively plus in any way, but its quick effect dodging effect and easy ability to bring out your actually strong monsters seems like it would be useful as a 1-of.

@Mr Melon Welp, my first thought when seeing this was "Dragonmaid". I even tried to see if the was an anagram in the name, but obviously there's not much to do in that aspect (except Smaas... OH!, it was a cleverly dissimulated xmas post xD). Regardless, I'm not sure how it'd fare in a Dragonmaid Deck. It has targets to have fun, and Dragonmaids do return to the hand by themselves and return easily, so it could be. The newest member, Chamber, is able to Xyz Summon Rank 4 stuff, so I guess that's a thing as well. I like those dodge effects when your opponent thinks they got you and waste a resource when trying to kill something and you Quick Effect the monster out of danger to summon something else, s o yeah, fun stuff.

1 hour ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

@Mr Melon Welp, my first thought when seeing this was "Dragonmaid". I even tried to see if the was an anagram in the name, but obviously there's not much to do in that aspect (except Smaas... OH!, it was a cleverly dissimulated xmas post xD). Regardless, I'm not sure how it'd fare in a Dragonmaid Deck. It has targets to have fun, and Dragonmaids do return to the hand by themselves and return easily, so it could be. The newest member, Chamber, is able to Xyz Summon Rank 4 stuff, so I guess that's a thing as well. I like those dodge effects when your opponent thinks they got you and waste a resource when trying to kill something and you Quick Effect the monster out of danger to summon something else, s o yeah, fun stuff.

Dragonmaid, huh?  I'll be honest, I keep forgetting they exist and I've never really bothered to learn how they play.  That said, I hope this wouldn't break that deck.  I doubt it, but I'll have to look 'em up again to be sure 😅

But since you did mention Dragonmaids, I remember Dragon Ruler Tempest was reprinted with the deck and this also happens to be searchable by that D-Ruler.  I guess that's another tiny extra buff for this card.

Looks like a toy for Holy Light and Felgrands/Arkbrave. I would say it's solid enough but IDK how it would fare competitively when Dragons so far have more success with Link strats. If anything, I would make this either LIGHT for matching Attributes, or DARK for Chaos support.

18 hours ago, Darj said:

Looks like a toy for Holy Light and Felgrands/Arkbrave. I would say it's solid enough but IDK how it would fare competitively when Dragons so far have more success with Link strats. If anything, I would make this either LIGHT for matching Attributes, or DARK for Chaos support.

Competitively, yeah, I doubt this would do much as long as Links are the best way to use Dragons.  It might age better if/when Konami decides to kill Dragon Link.

Yeah, I suppose I could make it LIGHT/DARK, but those attributes are really overused, especially with Dragons.  I just really, really wanted a solid low-level Dragon that isn't LIGHT/DARK (even if I recognize that Chaos Attributes are better suited for the card).

Archived