Goat Format (April 2005 TCG format)

12 hours ago, Zeppeli Gyro Supreme said:

Yeah, there are a few other niche applications like protecting from Zaborg, Newdoria and Exiled Force, though there is a lot of non-targeting removal in the format from monsters, like Tribe Infecting Virus and D.D. Warrior Lady. Still, it worked for the dude, and I have to give them props for having the balls to try it.

Yeah, I wouldn't have thought to try out Chaos Command Magician either to be fair, but that's the thing about this format, niche techs can work.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Whenever I see "The Rock Spirit" mentioned, I think of that dumb thread from a couple of years ago regarding Titan. Nevertheless, that does sound interesting as with the Field Spell, that's 2500 ATK monster that is somewhat hard to deal with without BLS or removal. Also, I keep forgetting DD Assailant is EARTH, the background of its art makes me think FIRE attribute.

Edited by ~British Soul~

On 7/23/2021 at 7:49 PM, ~British Soul~ said:

Whenever I see "The Rock Spirit" mentioned, I think of that dumb thread from a couple of years ago regarding Titan. Nevertheless, that does sound interesting as with the Field Spell, that's 2500 ATK monster that is somewhat hard to deal with without BLS or removal. Also, I keep forgetting DD Assailant is EARTH, the background of its art makes me think FIRE attribute.

fxH43v1.png

The benefit here is that Goblin Attack Force can trade with or beat in battle any monster that isn't a Monarch or BLS that people play. Basically every card can trade with or trade up on any monster the opponent will play.

https://i.imgur.com/dVGklr1.png

This one is a spin on the traditional Reasoning Gate deck, but is pure DARK unlike most chaos variants. AlephYa2 has gotten 1st place twice in a row with different decks, and gotten 2nd and 3rd place in tournaments too. He is very good at crafting his decks to combat the meta, and play cards that most people don't.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zeppeli Gyro Supreme said:

fxH43v1.png

The benefit here is that Goblin Attack Force can trade with or beat in battle any monster that isn't a Monarch or BLS that people play. Basically every card can trade with or trade up on any monster the opponent will play.

Guess I was wrong about people running that field spell.

11 hours ago, ~British Soul~ said:

Guess I was wrong about people running that field spell.

Yeah, I guess it's just a pure value beatdown deck. Which it's surprising that in that case they didn't run something like Solemn Judgement to secure their victories, but as we have learned time and again, paying half your life points can come back to bite you. Dustshoot is a pretty good power card, though not quite as good maindecked since it's not very good vs other aggro decks which usually set their entire hand.

Not trying to shill myself, but I did use Gaia Power in a beatdown deck and got some pretty good success during a smaller tournament, though I wasn't so lucky when trying the deck in a larger one.

3 hours ago, Zeppeli Gyro Supreme said:

Yeah, I guess it's just a pure value beatdown deck. Which it's surprising that in that case they didn't run something like Solemn Judgement to secure their victories, but as we have learned time and again, paying half your life points can come back to bite you. Dustshoot is a pretty good power card, though not quite as good maindecked since it's not very good vs other aggro decks which usually set their entire hand.

Not trying to shill myself, but I did use Gaia Power in a beatdown deck and got some pretty good success during a smaller tournament, though I wasn't so lucky when trying the deck in a larger one.

I suppose in this particular deck, whether you run Gaia Power or not is down to personal presence.

Vindication. I got a warning on this very forum many years ago, because I said that Magic Cylinder wasn't the worst card to play when people were paying so many Life Points in the meta. Last night, during the latest Obelisk tournament for Goat Format, world invite players said that Magic Cylinder wasn't a bad card to play against decks that use Solemn Judgement.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

For those with any interest in the format, there is a big tournament being held online with over $1000 in prizes on April 23rd and 24th on the official goat format discord. 100% free to enter. If you have any questions about it, you can feel free to ask me, though you can find most of the info here: https://www.goatformat.com/home/goat-format-championship-17-1000-prize-pool

Edited by Zeppeli Gyro Supreme
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Just bumping this to mention two things, which are that in Europe there are an increasing number of Goat Format side events happening. Italy, Germany, and one other country I can't remember right now have done them.

Also, I am officially an admin on both the Goat Format and the Goat Format Europe discord now (username necromancy4kids). Hit me up if you would be interested in joining.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@Zeppeli Gyro Supreme
You've probably already heard of this, though I just learned of this project, so I thought I'd share it here.
Sounds interesting. IDK if it'd be enough to divert traffic from DB but it might since many goat players are pretty dedicated to that format and might not even jump through time/formats, and the features sound pretty good tbh. Then again, who knows.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2022 at 1:31 AM, Sleepy said:

@Zeppeli Gyro Supreme
You've probably already heard of this, though I just learned of this project, so I thought I'd share it here.
Sounds interesting. IDK if it'd be enough to divert traffic from DB but it might since many goat players are pretty dedicated to that format and might not even jump through time/formats, and the features sound pretty good tbh. Then again, who knows.

The project is cool, but unfortunately the person behind it has done some pretty bad things within the community, including hacking the official facebook page and defacing it.

56 minutes ago, Zeppeli Gyro Supreme said:

The project is cool, but unfortunately the person behind it has done some pretty bad things within the community, including hacking the official facebook page and defacing it.

Ouch....
Why would somebody do that? I thought the goat community didn't have this sort of drama and that the biggest things being argued against was stuff like the PWWB vs Raigeki Break argument or the process that properly disowned Exarion Universe from the format..... 

That hacking sounds like reason enough to ban the person from the events and stuff..... Now I wanna dig into all this and see what I can find o.O"

4 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Ouch....
Why would somebody do that? I thought the goat community didn't have this sort of drama and that the biggest things being argued against was stuff like the PWWB vs Raigeki Break argument or the process that properly disowned Exarion Universe from the format..... 

That hacking sounds like reason enough to ban the person from the events and stuff..... Now I wanna dig into all this and see what I can find o.O"

This happened a few years back. ACP, the person running that channel, was also known to cheat in tournaments, including entering a tournament using two accounts, among other things. If you want more context you can ask me about it in private, but as with all communities, there will be bad apples on occasion.

• 8 months later...