By Popular Request: The "Hungry" Archetype!

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

You wanted it, I decided to make it, an archetype inspired by, and based around, Hungry Burger!

It's a pretty straightforward aggro play style that has the potential to ritual summon 4 times in a turn.  Doesn't have much in the way of protection, but with the easy 1-for-1 summons, it should make for a solid board-breaking archetype.

Without further ado, onto the cards!

fl8VyUq.jpg 

Pendulum Effect: When this card is activated you can either: Add 1 "Hungry Burger" from your Deck to your hand OR: Destroy 1 card you control, and if you do, add 1 "Hungry" Ritual monster from your Deck to your hand.  You can Ritual Summon 1 "Hungry" monster from your hand or from face-up in your Extra Deck, by destroying 1 "Hungry" Pendulum Spell whose Scale exactly equals its Level.

Monster Effect: You can Ritual Summon this card with a "Hungry" card.  If you have a "Hungry" card(s) in your Pendulum Zone, this card gains 1000 ATK/DEF.  If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, OR: If this card is destroyed by an opponent's card: You can place 1 "Hungry" Pendulum monster from your Deck into your Extra Deck face-up.

gP7jbYL.jpg

Pendulum Effect: You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters except "Hungry" monsters.  You can Ritual Summon 1 "Hungry" monster from your hand or from face-up in your Extra Deck, by destroying 1 "Hungry" Pendulum Spell whose Scale exactly equals its Level.  Your opponent cannot target "Hungry" monsters you control with card effects.

Monster Effect: You can Ritual Summon this card with a "Hungry" card.  If this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 face-up "Hungry" monster from your Extra Deck to your hand.  If this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 "Hungry" monster from your hand, but destroy it during the End Phase.  You can only use each effect of "Hungry Nuggets" once per turn.

AR8dZVh.jpg

Pendulum Effect: You can Ritual Summon 1 "Hungry" monster from your hand or from face-up in your Extra Deck, by destroying 1 "Hungry" Pendulum Spell whose Scale exactly equals its Level.  (Quick Effect): You can target 1 "Hungry" monster you control; destroy it, and if you do, Special Summon this card.

Monster Effects: You can Ritual Summon this card with a "Hungry" card.  This card's name is treated as "Hungry Burger" while in the hand or on the field.  You can only control 1 "Hungry Burger Deluxe".  "Hungry Burgers" you control gain 500 ATK/DEF for each "Hungry Burger" you control.

bbIEgz2.jpg

Pendulum Effect: You can Ritual Summon 1 "Hungry" monster from your hand or from face-up in your Extra Deck, by destroying 1 "Hungry" Pendulum Spell whose Scale exactly equals its Level.  If a Ritual monster you control battles, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the End of the Damage Step.

Monster Effect: You can Ritual Summon this card with a "Hungry" card.  If this card destroys a monster by battle: You can destroy 1 "Hungry" card in your Pendulum Zone, and if you do, this card can declare a second attack on a monster this turn.  If this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 "Hungry Burger" from your hand or GY.  You can only use each effect of "Double Decker Hungry Burger" once per turn.

oWgoW2A.jpg

Pendulum Effect: You can Ritual Summon 1 "Hungry" monster from your hand or from face-up in your Extra Deck, by destroying 1 "Hungry" Pendulum Spell whose Scale exactly equals its Level.  The activation of "Hungry" cards and their effects cannot be negated.

Monster Effect: Must be Ritual Summoned with a "Hungry" card.  If this card destroys a monster by battle: You can destroy this card, and if you do, place 1 "Hungry" Pendulum monster from your face-up Extra Deck in the Pendulum Zone (except "Hungry Meal").  If this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon 2 "Hungry Burger" from your hand or GY.  You can only use each effect of "Hungry Meal" once per turn.

2lC2DZu.jpg

This card can be used to Ritual Summon up to 2 "Hungry" Ritual Monsters.  Send 1 "Hungry" monster from your Extra Deck to the GY, also after that, Ritual Summon up to 2 "Hungry" Ritual Monsters from your hand or face-up from your Extra Deck with different names whose Levels exactly equal each Scale of the sent monster, then, all Ritual monsters you control gain 600 ATK.  You cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck for the rest of the turn.  You can only activate 1 "Hungry Burger's Secret Recipe" per turn.

AfwFswx.jpg

Activate 1 of the following effects:
● Add 1 "Hungry" Ritual monster from your Deck to your hand.
● Destroy 1 "Hungry" monster you control, and if you do, add 2 "Hungry" Pendulum monsters from your Deck to your hand that have a Scale equal to the destroyed monster's Level.
You cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of the turn except Ritual monsters.

Thanks for looking through the set!  As always, CnC is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

GAAAASP Why didn't I notice this until today, @Mr Melon?! You should have told me! Review Time!

First thing that stands out is the uneven Pendulum Scales. I don't know if Konami has recently released anything of the sort, but certainly I haven't seen any of that so far. It's fun, imo, with it's pros and cons. You must be double as attentive to where you place the scales unless you want to screw up. I like that part.

1) Hungry Fries - Minor detail, as you're more interested in the written version of the card rather than the image, but the PE of this card is incomplete. I'm specially interested in this part:

If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, OR: If this card is destroyed by an opponent's card: You can...

I find it funny that it has a couple of colons, specially the first one after OR seems out of place, so I'd say it's a tiny oversight, buuut, I know you usually do these kind of things on purpose.

2) Hungry Nuggets - This is crazy good, man, I love it. I mean, this is a very interesting method of Ritual Summoning, and incredibly cheap (in the good sense of the word), so much that it feels a little OP, but I gotta admit 1-card full requirement is not something unseen before *cough Shurit cough*. Difference is, Activating Spells and destroying them >>>> Summoning monsters to pay for the cost. This includes all other Burgers with this effect, of course... ooof, kinda scary.

3) Burger Deluxe - Is it ok that this card and the upcoming ones don't have the limitation of Nuggets (You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters except "Hungry" monsters)?

OMG, so this is the start of the swarm of Hungry Burgers, eh? Cool, a nice incentive to bring the one that inspired it all! Summon 3 of them and along with this card, each gains 2000 ATK, mwahaha. A pity Double Decker is not treated as "Hungry Burger" xD

4) Double Decker - mouth-watering critter that's a super Armades that affect all of your Rituals, but only as a spell x_x. The Summoning effect when it's destroyed is very fitting. You thought you killed me? No, you only killed half of me, I'm da Double Decker!

5) Hungry Meal - Ummm... soooo, you activate Nuggets, tribute Nuggets and Summon a 4000 ATK monster. I dunno, Meal and Double Decker are too strong for my taste. Wait, double Burger Summoning? Holy moly, I'd better be able to banish this guy x_x.

6) Secret Recipe - Wut? *Checks the effect again* Wut? Dual Ritual Summon in one card O_O. And they gain 600 ATK? Ok ok, the no more SSing from ED balances it, but man, it's dangerous! Colonel Sanders is envious of this secret recipe, I tell you.

7 )Secret Sauce - Nice and solid. Is the sauce blood?

Hey, Tinkerer, thanks for making these. I had a lot of fun going through 'em   n.n

Archived