Posting card ideas without posting cards?

Tinkerer

We used to have the custom mechanics/card idea subforum for posting card ideas without actually committing to making cards.

Given the rules for the section, we still cannot make "cardless" posts in either Casual or Realistic. If we're committing to that, can we at least get a pinned thread or something where people can post card ideas/custom mechanics without having to post cards?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2021 at 12:22 PM, The Nyx Avatar said:

I vouch for an additional area for threads with no actual cards. Plenty of users have "ideas", but never put any into fruition. So rather than just straight up deleting their posts, it'd be cool for them to have an appropriate section to belong in.

Just as a follow-up to this, was the "Experimental Archive" meant to be reopened for this purpose?  If so, I don't think users can actually make topics in that subforum (at least, I am not able to make a topic).

7 hours ago, Mr Melon said:

Just as a follow-up to this, was the "Experimental Archive" meant to be reopened for this purpose?  If so, I don't think users can actually make topics in that subforum (at least, I am not able to make a topic).

Nope. That subsection was originally called "Written Cards". But it had absolutely NOTHING to do with written cards, and was just archived content (most of it from years ago). So Enguin changed the name to something more appropriate.

3 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Nope. That subsection was originally called "Written Cards". But it had absolutely NOTHING to do with written cards, and was just archived content (most of it from years ago). So Enguin changed the name to something more appropriate.

Ah, okay. Makes sense.

So do either of you two have ability to restore subsections or is that something only YCMaker can do?

Archived