Wall Street Bets discussions

Phelphor, of the Deep

So I just found out yesterday evening that I had a single GameStop stock since like 2004 because it split off of the Barnes & Noble stock my folks got me.  Trying to sell it as we speak.

I probably should care about the political and economic struggle between the classes that's spawning from this but... I really don't.  At least, as long as this whole thing remains as "making a statement"/"sticking it to the man".  Until it turns into action that actively affects how investing works (or if this becomes a continuous effort to keep undercutting Wall Street multiple times), I feel like this'll just be a flavor of the week story.

Then again, maybe I'm just out of the loop.

2 hours ago, Mr Melon said:

So I just found out yesterday evening that I had a single GameStop stock since like 2004 because it split off of the Barnes & Noble stock my folks got me.  Trying to sell it as we speak.

I probably should care about the political and economic struggle between the classes that's spawning from this but... I really don't.  At least, as long as this whole thing remains as "making a statement"/"sticking it to the man".  Until it turns into action that actively affects how investing works (or if this becomes a continuous effort to keep undercutting Wall Street multiple times), I feel like this'll just be a flavor of the week story.

Then again, maybe I'm just out of the loop.

you shouldn't sell it mate, it's only gonna go up

selling is the worst thing to do now

BUY THE DIP

Archived