Onomato Deck [Duel Links]

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

Just thought I'd post the deck I'm currently building.  It's definitely the most expensive deck I've ever built in DL, but supposedly it does decently well going first or second which is rare in DL (thanks to the skill).  I've struggled a bit with going first, but it's probably because to solidify a turn 1 board, you'd want multiple Utopic Onomatopoeia (and I've only got 1 as of this moment).

Still, this deck as it appears right now needed 1.5 digs through the first Xyz Main Box, 3 purchases of first Xyz Structure (only real $ spent), 2 copies of SRs in the most recent Mini, and 3 copies of a Rare in another Main Xyz Box.  I've been exceptionally lucky with the latter two points, so I'm probably not going to push it too much more since the deck is pretty smooth.  Instead, I think I'm going to focus on getting more gems in case more powerful Rank 4s/6s drop and just playing with the deck so I can learn its plays better.

Onomato Deck DL.JPG

List:

• 1 Utopic Onomatopoeia
  • 3 Zubababancho Gagagacoat
  • 2 Dodododwarf Gogogoglove
  • 2 Gagaga Mancer
  • 3 Gagaga Sister
  • 2 Cosmic Cyclone
  • 2 Gagagabolt
  • 2 Hey Trunade
  • 3 Dodododraw

Extra:

• 1 Abyss Dweller
  • 1 Gagaga Cowboy
  • 1 Utopia
  • 1 Photon Bounzer
  • 1 Evilswarm Ouroboros
  • 1 Gagaga Samurai
  • 1 Sword Breaker

I like the balance of monsters you have here. But do two Gagaga Mancers serve you well? I ask given how constrictive her effect is. I know you may be short on gems. But I feel Gagaga Head would fit better.

As for the Spell/Traps, I am surprised you're using Dodododraw instead of Gagagadraw. Yes, the cost is smaller, but Gagaga Girl can search for Gagagadraw. But hey, I understand why you chose this over their in-name draw card. Also, which helps best in the long run? Hey, Trunade!, or Cosmic Cyclone?

As for the Extra Deck:

It's pretty good. I'd personally use a different Rank 4 over Ouroboros, but whatever works for ya.

22 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

I like the balance of monsters you have here. But do two Gagaga Mancers serve you well? I ask given how constrictive her effect is. I know you may be short on gems. But I feel Gagaga Head would fit better.

As for the Spell/Traps, I am surprised you're using Dodododraw instead of Gagagadraw. Yes, the cost is smaller, but Gagaga Girl can search for Gagagadraw. But hey, I understand why you chose this over their in-name draw card. Also, which helps best in the long run? Hey, Trunade!, or Cosmic Cyclone?

As for the Extra Deck:

It's pretty good. I'd personally use a different Rank 4 over Ouroboros, but whatever works for ya.

The Mancers are there to help facilitate the OTK.  If I can clear the opponent's board, then I can summon Utopic + Mancer, or Dodododwarf + Mancer, or Mancer + Gagagacoat to summon Gagaga Samurai.  Mancer gives Samurai an extra 500 ATK and then it can attack twice for game.  Thinking about it, I hardly ever use its reborn effect nowadays.

It does look like people use a single copy of Gagaga Head, and I do have a copy of it but... I am not sure how to use it 😅.  It feels like a card that works as a heavy insurance policy; big comeback card on turns 3-5.  Maybe I'm looking at it wrong.  I should see how others use it, but I'm personally not convinced.

Fortunately, because of how the skill works, Dodododraw is just more efficient than Gagagadraw since the skill lets me immediately search for Dodododwarf or Utopic so I can dump 'em in the GY.  Gagagadraw may be a +1, but it requires more setup and kills any follow-up plays I might make out of the GY (reborn with Mancer, reborn with Gagagacoat, double reborn with Head, etc.).

Both Trunade and Cyclone are valuable in their own way and backrow is still the bane of this deck.  If my Normal Summon gets stopped in any way, my turn is pretty much done and backrow is still the thing that does that.  I would say that I am happier to see Trunade more often than I am Cyclone, but when I'm seeing any backrow either works.

As for the Rank 4s, yeah, Ouroboros is a bit of a holdover from a lucky pull.  It's come in clutch against B-E, but I don't put out 3 Level 4s often enough for it to matter.  Replaced it with Number 70: Malevolent Sin.

Archived