"Sin" Archetype (My first post here)

PrinceAsmodeus

This is my new attempt at a custom Archetype, the "Sin" archetype. A long time ago, in an account i no longer have access to i had a 50 card archetype, the Majestic archetype. After 3 days of trying to find that account, i said screw it. Let's make a new one. Thus, "Sin" was born. It's more like an anime-style villain archetype, not too viable for competitive use, but it could be played as a rouge deck (although i think it can be too busted, like most villain decks.... Yes, im talking to you Anime Orichalcos). My main goal was to give the cards appropriate effects that fit their theme (for example, check Mammon and Leviathan. Very broken, but thematically appropriate xD). I'd love to hear some feedback on this project, every kind of comment is appreciated. Btw, this is still a WIP, and some cards are hard to understand, and not properly written. Let's get started. 

322838548_DenofSin.jpg.5870d7329f60b5d062a3cd8765977909.jpg
Den of Sin
-Field Spell
-This card cannot be removed from the field, excpet by the effect of "Birth of The Paragon". Once per turn: You can pay 500 LP to activate 1 of these effects;
•Special Summon 1 "Sin" monster from your hand or Deck.
•Add 1 "Sin" Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand.
•Send 1 "Sin" monster from your hand or Deck to the GY.
Once per turn: Target 1 face-up "Sin" monster on your side of the field; Gain LP equal to the targeted monster's level x100.

Asmodeus.jpg.6b1611d0250680c04e71979ac7ba95e9.jpg
Asmodeus, The Sin of Lust
-DARK Fiend/Effect Monster
-10* 2700 ATK / 0 DEF
-This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Den of Sin". Once per turn, you can send 1 "Sin" card from your Deck or hand to the GY: Take control of 1 of your opponent's face-up monsters until the End Phase, and that monster cannot attack. If this card is changed to face-up Defence Position: Destroy this card. 

Lucifer.jpg.dbdf1d43b412d296e0d3533fcc833c82.jpg
Lucifer, The Sin of Pride
-11* 3300 ATK / 0 DEF
-This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Den of Sin". While this card is face-up on your side of the field: If your opponent declares an attack with a monster with less ATK than this card; Banish the attacking monster and your opponent gains LP equal to the banished monster's original ATK. If this card is changed to face-up Defence Position: Destroy this card. 

Beelzebub.jpg.57da4536247293bc04e66b6a6f4d420d.jpg
Beelzebub, The Sin of Gluttony
-10* 500 ATK / 0 DEF
-This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Den of Sin". This card gains 500 ATK each time it destroys an opponent's monster by battle. Once per turn, during either player's Main Phase 1 or Battle Phase (Quick Effect): You can banish 1 card from your hand; This card gains 500 ATK. If this card is changed to face-up Defence Position: Destroy this card.

Leviathan.jpg.e075787442d51c04939c262ca74ee370.jpg
Leviathan, The Sin of Envy
-11* 0 ATK / 0 DEF
-This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Den of Sin". Once per turn (Quick Effect): Target one monster on your opponent's side of the field: Change this card's name and ATK to match the targeted monster. This card cannot be destroyed in battle with monsters with the same name. As long as this card remains face-up on your side of the field: When your opponent draws any number of cards (except during his Draw Phase), you draw the same amount, and each time your opponent gains LP, you gain the same amount. If this card is changed to face-up Defence Position: Destroy this card.

Belphegor.jpg.50e74a13f331dbae0c9d5bb8ff172604.jpg
Belphegor, The Sin of Sloth
-10* 0 ATK / 0 DEF
-This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Den of Sin". When this card is summoned: It cannot attack until your 5 Standby Phase after this card's activation. During each of your Standby Phases, until the 5th: This card gains 1000 ATK. This card cannot be destroyed by battle and cannot be removed from the field until the 5th Standby Phase after it's summoning.  If this card is changed to face-up Defence Position: Destroy this card. 
**DISCLAIMER**: I literally have no idea how to phrase this card's effect properly to match the rulings, so i'm just trying to explain the effect to the best of my abilities. If there are people that still don't understand, imagine Regigigas from Pokemon and it's effect, Slow Start. . This written effect is....... a mess. If anyone can make a properly written text of this effect, please do. I'd appreciate it a lot.

Sathanus.jpg.56c17d6f7c143494cfe892e434f10ccf.jpg
Sathanus, The Sin of Wrath
-9* 0 ATK / 0 DEF
-This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Den of Sin". If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect, except it's own: During the End Phase, Special Summon it to your side of the field (ignoring Summoning conditions). If this effect is resolves succesfully: This card gains 500 ATK permanently. If this card has less than 2000 ATK, you take no battle damage in battles involving this card. If this card has more than 2000 ATK, you take double battle damage in battles involving this card.  If this card is changed to face-up Defence Position: Destroy this card and reset it's ATK to 0.

Mammon.jpg.5389c286ac712b52e8c761a83b98c233.jpg
Mammon, The Sin of Greed
-9* 4500 ATK / 0 DEF
-This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Den of Sin". As long as this card remains face-up on your side of the field: Your hand limit is removed. During each Draw Phase: Draw 1 additional card. Your opponent does not take battle damage in battles involving this card. If this card is changed to face-up Defence Position: Destroy this card.

Abaddon.jpg.cd1bc5f046088e9b74b6576e428148f2.jpg
Abaddon, The Paragon of Sin(normal)
-12*    ? ATK / ? DEF
-This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Birth of The Paragon". This card gains 100 ATK and DEF for every banished monster in the game, except Level 9 or above "Sin" monsters. Once per turn: Special Summon 1 banished Level 9 or above "Sin" monster; it's effects are negated and it's ATK becomes 0. As long as the Special Summoned monster(s) remain face-up on your side of the field: This card gains 1000 ATK and DEF for each monster on your side of the field. This card is unaffected by card effects and it cannot be destroyed by battle. In battles involving this card: Your opponent takes no battle damage, and you take double battle damage. As long as this card remains face-up on your side of the field: You cannot lose if you are unable to draw (you can still lose if your LP hits 0). If you succesfully Special Summon 7 monsters with this card's effect: You win the Duel.

Mardorias.jpg.c5cdb7e61c626a97854e3fd876b72dde.jpg
Mardorias, The Sinful Abductor
-6* 2000 ATK / 0 DEF
-If this face-up card is destroyed by battle or card effect: Banish 2 "Sin" cards from your hand to declare 1 card name: Both players banish every copy of the specified card from their hand, Deck, Extra Deck and GY. If your opponent has no copies of the declared card in their possesion: They draw 1 card. If this card is switched to face-up Defense Position: Destroy this card.
*Once again, idk if i typed it properly, but it surely is better than Belphegor

Hellena.jpg.829fcc1356f4fdb82ba3d0ff266b0609.jpg
Hellena, The Sinful Huntress
-7* 2500 ATK / 0 DEF
-You can Tribute Summon this card by banishing 2 monsters from your GY instead of Tributing (it is still treated as a Tribute Summon). If your DARK Fiend monster attacks a Defense Position monster: Inflict half piercing damage to your opponent. When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: Special Summon 1 "Hellena, The Sinful Huntress" from your hand or GY. You can only use this effect of "Hellena, The Sinful Huntress" once per turn. If this card is switched to face-up Defense Position: Destroy this card.

Brimstone.jpg.7026c381e12db7a48ad8ce36a30dbba7.jpg
Spirit of The Brimstone
-DARK Pyro/Effect Monster
-3* 1300 ATK / 0 DEF
-(This card is always treated as a "Sin" card)
 If this card is Normal Summoned: Special Summon 1 DARK "Spirit" monster, except "Spirit of The Brimstone". If this card was Special Summoned: Special Summon 1 DARK "Spirit" monster, except "Spirit of The Brimstone", during your next Standby Phase. If either effect was activated: Destroy this card during the End Phase.

Permafrost.jpg.3a4dacb855fb3400f7e0c77ce690e5bb.jpg
Spirit of The Permafrost
-DARK Aqua/Effect Monster
-3* 1500 ATK / 0 DEF
 If this card is Normal Summoned: Special Summon 1 DARK "Spirit" monster, except "Spirit of The Permafrost". If this card was Special Summoned: Special Summon 1 DARK "Spirit" monster, except "Spirit of The Permafrost", during your next Standby Phase. If either effect was activated: Destroy this card during the End Phase.

Plague.jpg.c11337eac4dd5e6310ef6a65501fda07.jpg
Spirit of The Plague
-DARK Insect/Effect Monster
-4* 1900 ATK / 0 DEF
 If this card is Normal Summoned: Special Summon 1 DARK "Spirit" monster, except "Spirit of The Plague". If this card was Special Summoned: Special Summon 1 DARK "Spirit" monster, except "Spirit of The Plague", during your next Standby Phase. If either effect was activated: Destroy this card during the End Phase.

Storm.jpg.f3e6bbb132f9a7123241217c2747c44f.jpg
Spirit of The Storm
-DARK Thunder/Effect Monster
-4* 1600 ATK / 0 DEF
 If this card is Normal Summoned: Special Summon 1 DARK "Spirit" monster, except "Spirit of The Storm". If this card was Special Summoned: Special Summon 1 DARK "Spirit" monster, except "Spirit of The Storm", during your next Standby Phase. If either effect was activated: Destroy this card during the End Phase.

Berith.jpg.61e236a0ed57467e8ba832c01e6ee650.jpg
Berith, The Sinful Elemental
-DARK Fiend/Fusion/Effect Monster
-8*   ? ATK / 0 DEF
-1 "Spirit of The Brimstone" + 1 or more DARK "Spirit" monsters with different names
 This card can only be Fusion Summoned by the effect of "Brimstone Dawn". This card gains 900 ATK for every Fusion Material used to summon it. Once per turn, during either player's Main Phase (Quick Effect): Banish 1 card from your GY: Target 1 monster in your opponent's GY: Banish it, and if you do, it's effects are negated. If this card is switched to face-up Defense Position: Destroy this card.

Theseus.jpg.ae9288efe7d589e5fa03638fc7442116.jpg
Theseus, The Sinful Titan
-DARK Fiend/Xyz/Effect Monster
-Rank 7  2800 ATK / 0 DEF
-2 Level 7 "Sin" monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 material from this card: Target 1 card on the field: Banish it. If this face-up card is destroyed by battle or card effect, including it's own: Special Summon 2 Level 4 or below "Sin" monsters from your Deck; Their effects are negated. If this card is switched to face-up Defense Position: Destroy this card.

Baium.jpg.660d583cb5ec0eafd317e3451190d7bc.jpg
Baium, The Sinful Colossus
-DARK Fiend/Xyz/Effect Monster
-Rank 8 3400 ATK / 0 DEF
-3 Level 8 "Sin" monsters
Once per turn, you can also Xyz Summon "Baium, The Sinful Colossus" by using "Theseus, The Sinful Titan" you control as the Xyz Material (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card). Once per turn, you can target 1 banished monster from your side of the field; attach it to this card as material. Once per turn: You can detach 1 material from this card. Both players add all cards in their hand to their Deck and shuffle it. Then both players draw the same number of cards that were added to their Deck. If this face-up card is destroyed by battle or card effect, excluding it's own: Special Summon 1 "Theseus, The Sinful Titan" from your GY. If this face-up card is switched to Defense Position: Destroy this card.

Sinful-Dogma.jpg.fe2ad9aa216a3842ddf38d685295a7f6.jpg
Sinful Dogma
-Quick-Play Spell
-This card can only be activated when a "Sin" monster is removed from your side of the field:
-If the monster was destroyed by battle: Special Summon it (ignoring it's Summoning Conditions): It's ATK becomes 0 and it's effects are negated until the End Phase
-If it was removed from the field by your opponent's card effect: Draw 2 cards, then return 1 card from your hand to your Deck and shuffle it.

Birth-of-The-Paragon.jpg.ea6775706a3e4dc04376010832f6914e.jpg
Birth of The Paragon
-Spell
This card can only be activated when "Den of Sin" is activated on your side of the field and you have 7 Level 9 or higher "Sin" monsters with different names in your GY. Banish all monsters from your hand, field, Deck, Extra Deck and GY, except "Abaddon, The Paragon of Sin". When this effect is resolved: Banish "Den of Sin" from your side of the field and Special Summon "Abaddon, The Paragon of Sin" from your hand or Deck. This card's activation and effect cannot be negated.

Brimstone-Dawn.jpg.ad027fd136c184786b0c31ae2cf40e95.jpg
Brimstone Dawn
-Spell
Fusion Summon 1 "Sin" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, by banishing Fusion Materials listed on it from your field or your GY.

Bound-by-Sin.jpg.88d25168db91cef17a7401248a7d82c0.jpg
Bound by Sin
-Continuous Spell
-While you control 1 face-up Level 9 or above "Sin"  monster on your side of the field: Your opponent is forced to conduct his Battle Phase and attack with every monster on his side of the field (if possible). If you control no face-up "Sin" monsters or your opponent controls no face-up monsters: Destroy this card.

Sinful-Bargain.jpg.5f808949ec7e1cb62c073118281034a3.jpg
Sinful Bargain
-Spell
-When this card is activated: Add 1 "Sin" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Sinful Bargain". After this effect resolves, your opponent gains 1000 LP.

Confronting-Sin.jpg.be6d7c336989d7e3f582e938999c2727.jpg
Confronting Sin
-Trap
-Draw 3 cards and show them to your opponent, then place them on top of your Deck in any order. For each "Sin" card that was drawn, your opponent draws the same amount, then he banishes 2 cards from his hand. If you didn't draw any "Sin" cards, banish your entire hand.

Sinful-Destruction.jpg.e21afd167ff7c75b148c9b364929e1fe.jpg
Sinful Destruction
-Trap
-This card can only be activated if you control at least 1 Level 9 or above "Sin" monster. Deal damage to your opponent equal to the number of banished cards on your side of the field x100. If this card is in your GY: You can banish it, then banish 3 random cards from your opponent's GY.

Tribunal-of-Sin.jpg.d1ab9d9de2dedefa8a7b5d0bb08e1466.jpg
Tribunal of Sin
-Counter Trap
-You can activate this card when your opponent activates a card effect that either Special Summons monsters from the GY or discards cards from either his Deck or hand to the GY. Pay 1000 LP: Negate the activation, then banish random cards from your opponent's GY equal to the number of "Sin" monsters with different names in your GY. You cannot activate this card if your opponent has less than 5 cards in his GY. If your opponent doesn't have enough cards in his GY to resolve this effect: Banish random cards from his hand as well.

Hell-s-Necromancy.jpg.5e8d98cc9fb07772808b18891a7b1725.jpg
Hell's Necromancy
-Continuous Trap
This card can only be activated by having at least 1 Level 9 or above "Sin" monster on your side of the field. Summon as many "Sin Token" (Fiend-Type/DARK/Level 3/ATK 500/DEF 0) as you can (up to 3) on your side of the field in face-up Attack Position. Banish Level 9 or below "Sin" monsters from your GY equal to the number of tokens summoned. These tokens can attack your opponent's LP directly. Your opponent cannot target any monsters on your side of the field with card effects, except "Sin Token". Your opponent cannot attack any monsters on your side of the field, except "Sin Token". When a "Sin Token" is removed from the field: Both players gain 500 LP. When all summoned tokens are removed from the field: Destroy this card. If this card is removed from the field: Destroy all tokens summoned by this card's effect.

1 minute ago, Mr Melon said:

Hello, fine person!  Welcome, or should I say welcome back?

I might comment on the cards themselves later, but I wanted to help ya get your card pics up if ya still need help with that.  It looks like you downloaded the pictures as a jfjf file.  (Gonna run a quick test here)

createcard.jfifUnavailable

Yep, but i fixed it. Thank you tho!

2 minutes ago, PrinceAsmodeus said:

Yep, but i fixed it. Thank you tho!

Oh, cool, nice!  I had the thread up pretty much as soon as you posted it but hadn't gotten around to actually commenting until right now 😅

Glad to see it's working.  Will check out the cards later!

1 minute ago, iaman said:

ok i made the deck whats the ratios?

1st of all, this deck is WIP. 2nd, i didn't do any play testing to measure ratios and viability. But. Put all monsters to 1, Hellena at 2, 1 Terraforming 3 Den 1 Metaverse, 3 Dogma 1 Bound 3 Bargain 3 Tribunal 1 Necro 3 Destruction 3 Confronting 2 Dawn 3 Birth 2 Mardorias. That's just my thought at first glance. Don't take it for granted and toy around with it. Also, put any staples you wish. GL

On 2/21/2021 at 10:12 PM, Mr Melon said:

Oh, cool, nice!  I had the thread up pretty much as soon as you posted it but hadn't gotten around to actually commenting until right now 😅

Glad to see it's working.  Will check out the cards later!

Since you seem to know lot's of things in here, do you know of a way to make link cards with YCM's font for couple cards for the 2nd set? I've tried some alternatives but i can't stand the fake looking font.
Also, still waiting for a real review on the cards xD

The deck is overpowered and not the good kind. The deck revolves around Den of Sin which is problematic as the odds of you drawing it before your opponent wipes you out because you have no monsters on the field is pretty low. You only get FIVE monster slots so abaddon's 7 monsters summoned and you win effect is useless as you will be three cards short. The sloth sin guy's effect needs grammar checked but that's it. Remove the authors note from Den of Sin. I see how your name is the same as the Sin of Lust's name does that happen to have anything to do with your IRL persona.

1 minute ago, Nerdling Wagonwheel said:

The deck is overpowered and not the good kind. The deck revolves around Den of Sin which is problematic as the odds of you drawing it before your opponent wipes you out because you have no monsters on the field is pretty low. You only get FIVE monster slots so abaddon's 7 monsters summoned and you win effect is useless as you will be three cards short. The sloth sin guy's effect needs grammar checked but that's it. Remove the authors note from Den of Sin.

Abaddon does not require all monsters to be on the field. He requires the effect to be activated 7 times. There is a huge diff. Also, this deck as i said is of the anime villain style, not meant for competitive use. There are quite a few search cards in the archetype (mostly in the 2nd set), and Den of Sin is completely searchable because it counts as a "Sin" card.
And, i know it's overpowered. It's meant to be that way. Nevertheless, thank you for the short review :)

2 hours ago, PrinceAsmodeus said:

Since you seem to know lot's of things in here, do you know of a way to make link cards with YCM's font for couple cards for the 2nd set? I've tried some alternatives but i can't stand the fake looking font.
Also, still waiting for a real review on the cards xD

Your best bet would probably be trying to sign up for the new card maker beta test.

You can sign up in the thread here; it has Pendulum and Link templates as well as stuff for tokens and even some anime only stuff like "Legendary Dragons" or "Dark Synchros".  It's pretty flexible while also trying to stick as closely to the correct aesthetics as possible.  All you need to do is go into the thread and express that you want to join the beta.

~~~

Sorry I hadn't been able to review before.  I looked through some of the cards and they're fine.  I'll be honest, if the balance of the cards is good, it actually tends to be hard for me to make many comments.  :P

My strength comes from seeing how well these could potentially mix with irl strategies, but most of the cards are pretty self contained.  The seven sins are impossible to summon without the field spell so their strategy is pretty linear.

The sin spirits intrigue me though.  Since they support "DARK 'Spirit' monsters", you can combo them with the irl cards "Dark Spirit of Malice" and "Dark Spirit of Banishment".  You can use them as a mini engine for Link Summons or for Ranks 3/4.  However, I think they would work better by putting your sin spirits into a deck with the Dark Spirits rather than the other way around (Malice & Banishment only support Level 8 fiend monsters, not Level 8 and above).

Other than that, lots of banishing and trying to get the appropriate stuff in the GY.  They could probably use something like an in-archetype version of Allure of Darkness (Discard 1 "Sin" monster that cannot be Normal Summoned/Set; draw 2 cards - something like that) so you don't brick by having too many unsummonable monsters in your hand.

49 minutes ago, Mr Melon said:

Your best bet would probably be trying to sign up for the new card maker beta test.

You can sign up in the thread here; it has Pendulum and Link templates as well as stuff for tokens and even some anime only stuff like "Legendary Dragons" or "Dark Synchros".  It's pretty flexible while also trying to stick as closely to the correct aesthetics as possible.  All you need to do is go into the thread and express that you want to join the beta.

~~~

Sorry I hadn't been able to review before.  I looked through some of the cards and they're fine.  I'll be honest, if the balance of the cards is good, it actually tends to be hard for me to make many comments.  :P

My strength comes from seeing how well these could potentially mix with irl strategies, but most of the cards are pretty self contained.  The seven sins are impossible to summon without the field spell so their strategy is pretty linear.

The sin spirits intrigue me though.  Since they support "DARK 'Spirit' monsters", you can combo them with the irl cards "Dark Spirit of Malice" and "Dark Spirit of Banishment".  You can use them as a mini engine for Link Summons or for Ranks 3/4.  However, I think they would work better by putting your sin spirits into a deck with the Dark Spirits rather than the other way around (Malice & Banishment only support Level 8 fiend monsters, not Level 8 and above).

Other than that, lots of banishing and trying to get the appropriate stuff in the GY.  They could probably use something like an in-archetype version of Allure of Darkness (Discard 1 "Sin" monster that cannot be Normal Summoned/Set; draw 2 cards - something like that) so you don't brick by having too many unsummonable monsters in your hand.

Oh these Spirits seem interesting, especially since i have some LVL8 "Sin" monsters that don't have a Summoning Condition (they are all fiends). Also, nice idea for a "Sin" Allure, will try to implement it swiftly. Overall, thank you for your review (part 2 coming as well)

Archived